[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

El Capitan AMD USB Drivers DSDT DSDT Patch AMD Kernel El Capitan AMD FX 6100 Asus M5A97 ATI Radeon HD 6850 Mouse Freeze

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

rictec

rictec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

hello guys

i recently replaced the motherboard with a M5A78L-M with a AMD FX 6300 six core cpu ..

was surprised it even booted from the one i have on the signature ..now can JSL or anyone with this config provide info about kernel and settings for this board?

usb throw a lot of messages..eventually mouse worked

have some icons on the screen that are green..

running 10.11.4 and cpu say unknown

thank you

usimg this kernel:Darwin rictecs-Mac-Pro 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: четверг, 10 декабря 2015 г. 13:39:45 (MSK); root:xnu-3247.1.106/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

hello guys

i recently replaced the motherboard with a M5A78L-M with a AMD FX 6300 six core cpu ..

was surprised it even booted from the one i have on the signature ..now can JSL or anyone with this config provide info about kernel and settings for this board?

usb throw a lot of messages..eventually mouse worked

have some icons on the screen that are green..

running 10.11.4 and cpu say unknown

thank you

usimg this kernel:Darwin rictecs-Mac-Pro 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: четверг, 10 декабря 2015 г. 13:39:45 (MSK); root:xnu-3247.1.106/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Because FX hackintosh still suffered from glichy icons issue up to now, I'll advise you installing 10.12GM or 10.12.4Final version for your FX-6300 & M5A MB.

Please search what I have posted for AMD 10.12.x in this website.

During installation maybe you need disable USB 2 (EHCI) at BIOS before you fix it after installation.

rictec

rictec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Because FX hackintosh still suffered from glichy icons issue up to now, I'll advise you installing 10.12GM or 10.12.4Final version for your FX-6300 & M5A MB.

Please search what I have posted for AMD 10.12.x in this website.

During installation maybe you need disable USB 2 (EHCI) at BIOS before you fix it after installation.

hello

thank you for the info jsl

i managed to get 10.12 up and running had some problems with geforce 950 but solved it with 14.2 smbios

everything is working now thank you

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 289 posts

Just an fyi in general the latest bronya (el capo ryzen) kernel / Enoch 2877  works also fine with 10.11.6 on my very old AMD 9550  Phenom .

no fakesmc ,no nullcpu , basicly no kexts used except the EHCI Dummy for USB  , sound not tested couldnt be bothered yet ;)  no glitchy icons , artefacts etc .

(my test screen is only an old 15 inch vga therefore screeny is a bit tight ;)  )

YEXYXwm.png

ydeng

ydeng

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Just an fyi in general the latest bronya (el capo ryzen) kernel / Enoch 2877  works also fine with 10.11.6 on my very old AMD 9550  Phenom .

no fakesmc ,no nullcpu , basicly no kexts used except the EHCI Dummy for USB  , sound not tested couldnt be bothered yet ;)  no glitchy icons , artefacts etc .

(my test screen is only an old 15 inch vga therefore screeny is a bit tight ;)  )

YEXYXwm.png

What is USB EHCI dummy?

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Local Moderators
  • 4,442 posts
  • Interests:If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten you

What is USB EHCI dummy?

http://www.insanelym...0#commentsStart

Samanosuke

Samanosuke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi every one i used this kernel and installed successfully on AMD FX 8350 ,sound,Ethernet, Nvidia 750ti,usb,all working,but Fcpx crashing and the error msg is  final cut pro quit unexpectedly while using cl_kernels plug-in and Adobe Photoshop cc are keep on troubling..i attache the Screen shots and logs here pls help me AsAp..

Spoiler

Full Crash log see my attachments

help me pls

Edit by spakk:

add longer messages into the spoiler, please

Attached Files

Edited by spakk, 11 May 2017 - 05:12 PM.

Hollychan

Hollychan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Art.

Hi. is there a kernel that works on the very old Phenom II x4 940 BE? I've searched the thread but I can only see newer cpus.
Specifically for 10.11.6.

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 4,442 posts
  • Interests:If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten you

Hi. is there a kernel that works on the very old Phenom II x4 940 BE? I've searched the thread but I can only see newer cpus.
Specifically for 10.11.6.

For Phenom II x4 940 BE you can use an older amd kernel for your cpus. try one of the last kernels either from bronya, Shane or an kernel from me, these kernels are stored somewhere here. Unfortunately, all the test-kernels are scattered here in the threads, navigate some pages back side, then you will find the kernels and their test reports.
For Sierra there are unfortunately no executable kernels for older amd cpus without SSE4.1/.2  instructions.

Edit:

Do not use a kernel for FX CPU, these is not compatible with your CPU

Mrs5788

Mrs5788

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Here's my kernel updated with new sources. Works on all AMD CPUs but with FX bug present. Helper tools now function as they should too.

Download here

AMD Althon x4 641 Install 10.11.6 which kernel used to

XCiLNZ

XCiLNZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Is the fx graphical glitch still there?
coz few people with fx cpu ‘s doesnt seems to get any icon glitches etc ?

zerking

zerking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

the problem is still there, no fix for that!

Move on to 10.12 or 13 then!

sembrex

sembrex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

i wanna try el-capitan on my ryzen. which kernel should i use?

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 4,442 posts

i wanna try el-capitan on my ryzen. which kernel should i use?

use the pages where Ryzen kernel is treated (here on insaneleymac) then you will find various kernels for Ryzen CPU (by bronya)

C0ld_V0id

C0ld_V0id

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Design, video, CG, VFX, music, photography.

YEXYXwm.png

Could you please upload this kernel or give a link? I was able to find only Bronya`s kernel for Sierra/High Sierra.

Prelinked kernel failed, use/install USB-FIX v3 for El Capitan and follow the instructions!

Instruction and download-link: 

www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/

Then your system will boot successfully!

Link is dead :( Anybody have a new one?

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,455 posts

Link is dead :( Anybody have a new one?

Hi ! Try kernel el_captain 10.11.6 :

Attached File  kernel_el_captain_bronya_5_june.zip   4.22MB   17 downloads

C0ld_V0id

C0ld_V0id

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi ! Try kernel el_captain 10.11.6 :

attachicon.gifkernel_el_captain_bronya_5_june.zip

Gives me reboot :( I`ve added system specs to my signature. My CPU is SSE3 if it matters.

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,455 posts

Gives me reboot :( I`ve added system specs to my signature. My CPU is SSE3 if it matters.

See post   #184  . And try . 

C0ld_V0id

C0ld_V0id

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

See post   #184  . And try . 

Thank you! This one worked perfectly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: El Capitan AMD, USB Drivers, DSDT, DSDT Patch, AMD Kernel, El Capitan, AMD FX 6100, Asus M5A97, ATI Radeon HD 6850, Mouse Freeze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy