• Please log in to reply
526 replies to this topic

MikeSantos

MikeSantos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

It seems that the Gaming 7 users have no sound after sleep. You can try it with this CodecCommander, install it to /S/L/E. It works here. attachicon.gifCodecCommander.kext.zipUnfortunately, i do not have too much time for testing, because of some serious issues with my car. 

You should use the latest Lilu and AppleALC and the latest plugins to avoid issues. As usual install it in the "Clover/kexts/other" folder

Here some small updates of the CA0132 tools. attachicon.gifCA0132Tool.zipattachicon.gifCA0132AudioSwitcher.zip

They work best with layout-id 4.

Thanks...!!

I am having some problem with this new AppleALC.kext, the first time I tried I had HP and rear output, mic failed. I also tried the CA0132 tool but it made me lost the rear output and changed the output name, I want to say that rear output was HP :/. I also put the hack to sleep and after wake up I also had HP.(but anymore)

After rebooted  the computer again I only had HP and no rear output. For the moment I have not be able to get sound after several reboots

It is very frustrating, because sometimes works well and others not :/

Wern Apfel if you want I can test it and help you to build the definitive audio kext for the CA0132 ;)

Thanks and I wish you solve you issue with you car ;)

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Here are the files that I use and I have sound after sleep. Attached File  AppleALC_Lilu.zip   94.8KB   5 downloadsIf it still does not work, we need to take care of the ACPI code.

I recommend that you use layout-id 4 with the CA0132 tools. The aim is to keep the audio jacks plugged in and to switch to the desired output via software.

My car is off topic, but after the second broken timing chain, Volkswagen refuses to participate in the costs. Do not buy any car from them. :thumbsdown_anim:

MikeSantos

MikeSantos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Here are the files that I use and I have sound after sleep. attachicon.gifAppleALC_Lilu.zipIf it still does not work, we need to take care of the ACPI code.

I recommend that you use layout-id 4 with the CA0132 tools. The aim is to keep the audio jacks plugged in and to switch to the desired output via software.

My car is off topic, but after the second broken timing chain, Volkswagen refuses to participate in the costs. Do not buy any car from them. :thumbsdown_anim:

Thanks Wern Apfel,

I've used this files, I got HP and rear output, but no mic.

After sleep no sound too.

I have also tried CA0132 tools but when I selected any output immediately lost rear output and the output's name changed, line output is now Headphones :/

Gigabyte z170x gaming 7

Thanks a lot...!

PD: Sorry for the inconvenience of you car.

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Thanks Wern Apfel,

I've used this files, I got HP and rear output, but no mic.

After sleep no sound too.

I have also tried CA0132 tools but when I selected any output immediately lost rear output and the output's name changed, line output is now Headphones :/

Gigabyte z170x gaming 7

Thanks a lot...!

PD: Sorry for the inconvenience of you car.

I think it works only with layout 4 and front HP jack. Please try it.

You can also try this DSDT for the wake up issue, it will also change the layout-id to 4, HDMI could work with this kext, install it to the clover folder, only the kext.

Attached File  DSDT.aml_Gaming7.zip   38KB   3 downloads

MikeSantos

MikeSantos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

I think it works only with layout 4 and front HP jack. Please try it.

You can also try this DSDT for the wake up issue, it will also change the layout-id to 4, HDMI could work with this kext, install it to the clover folder, only the kext.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml_Gaming7.zip

Thanks...

We have made some progress.

I installed the kext(voodoo) and definitely I got HDMI audio and also installed the DSDT.aml in clover/.../patched/. HDMI audio does not show the name of the screen but it is cosmetics.(see picture below)

I have to say that the changes were better because now when I disconnect the headphones automatically have line output and when connect the headphones I get sound through them, so this is a good improvement.

The only thing to fix is after rebooted the system I lost headphones sound and microphone(yesterday I had lost line output instead) but after reboot I still had line output and HDMI sound.

So I think there are some changes to do to get sound working properly.

Well, many thanks for you help and if you want I will be here to try your changes and test it.

Attached Files

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

I think you use the rear headphone jack, use the front jack choose the first line-out and the CA0132tool should work as expected. The tool needs a few changes.

The voodoo kext can't show you your display name, you can try this, it should show you only one HDMI-device. Attached File  VoodooHDA-HDMI.kext.zip   163.73KB   2 downloads

Naundob

Naundob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 12 posts

I think you use the rear headphone jack, use the front jack choose the first line-out and the CA0132tool should work as expected. The tool needs a few changes.

The voodoo kext can't show you your display name, you can try this, it should show you only one HDMI-device. attachicon.gifVoodooHDA-HDMI.kext.zip

Thank you for the updates!

With the old VoodooHDA I had 4 HMDI outputs with the 2nd actual working. With this new one I have only 3 HDMI outputs with the 1st working. Nice! If there's a solution to ged rid of the other two... even nicer, but this is really cosmetic, so no big deal for me.

I installed all your suggested files + layout_id 4 but I have no luck with the new CA0132Tool (see pic). The Audioswitcher (are both tools meant to do the same?) starts with "5.1 Surround" and sticks to it whatever I choose. So I'm rather clueless here...

BUT I experienced analog audio via the rear HP after sleep/wake for the first time! Great!! It still has some flaws (but I'm sure you have an explanation for that).

Rear HP was gone again after sleep/wake but then I plugged the HP jack into rear line out instead and there was sound! I plugged it back into rear HP and even that output was back alive! So, well, I thought I have to plug something into the rear line out to keep rear HP after sleep/wake. I tried it with my HP in rear HP and just a an unconnected cable in rear line out. But still no HP sound after sleep. But it came back when I unplugged the rear line out cable again. So the rear line out acts like a switch in my experience: After sleep/wake it switches on (or revives) the rear HP whenever I put a jack in OR out.

Does this make any sense?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy