Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, madicineman said:

Wow, I got the CA0132Switcher running. Sorry, I did not recognized that it was a package...

Here is the output:

screenshotCA0132Switcher_20180827.png

So, I got the CodecCommander in the right place with all the permissions he should get, but the Switch can´t locate him... What shall I do?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions... - Gichin

Enter the following commands to the terminal window to repair the permissions.

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext && sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext

and then

sudo kextcache -i /

You should see something like: not signed but allowed.

When you start the switcher, you will see a speaker icon in the menu bar where you can change from speakers to headphones. All Apple apps are folders with this type of content.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2018 at 5:15 PM, wern apfel said:

Enter the following commands to the terminal window to repair the permissions.

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext && sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext

and then

sudo kextcache -i /

You should see something like: not signed but allowed.

When you start the switcher, you will see a speaker icon in the menu bar where you can change from speakers to headphones. All Apple apps are folders with this type of content.

Dear Wern Apfel,

thank you again for the new answer. I did what you said: The result is in the screenshot as attachment. This time the Switcher worked to the point, where I could switch between "Headphones", "Loudspeakers" and "Fake Surround". But whatever I clicked, I only got blurred and faint music from 2 of the 5 loudspeakers. No sound via headphones neither front nor back. The menu showed two further items: "Microphone front" and "Microphone back". But a click did not make a selection of one of the two despite a connected microphone.

So for the meantime I had a new intermediate possibility: I got my new LG monitor yesterday with Bluetooth and a quite good sound. ;) See the picture... But nevertheless I am eager to get that internal sound working. So appreciate more of your input...

Thank you so much!

Gichin

Update: After a reboot it changed a lot: Now I got clear sound from 2 of 5 speakers (+"ump!" from the subwoofer) but with some background noise like jingle bells. I have the speakers with the Switcher switched to "headphones". All other options are switching off the sound of the speakers, but no sound from the headphones in the front-plug in. The option "loudspeakers" switches to the headphones in the back (but very faint sound)

screenshot_Terminal_20180829.png

IMG_1962.JPG

Edited by madicineman

23 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

I have copied the output and uploaded with TextEdit, it is ok?

That's ok, but it's the dump of your HDMI audio device which CodecCommander should not recognise. This is the reason why it does not work properly.

Please upload an ioreg dump.

Update: After a reboot it changed a lot: Now I got clear sound from 2 of 5 speakers (+"ump!" from the subwoofer) but with some background noise like jingle bells. I have the speakers with the Switcher switched to "headphones". All other options are switching off the sound of the speakers, but no sound from the headphones in the front-plug in. The option "loudspeakers" switches to the headphones in the back (but very faint sound)

Layout-id 1 is for Alienware laptops without multichannel and front headphone, change it to 4. Or try the DSDT I provided, where the layout-id is already set to 4.

42 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

That's ok, but it's the dump of your HDMI audio device which CodecCommander should not recognise. This is the reason why it does not work properly.

Please upload an ioreg dump.

Layout-id 1 is for Alienware laptops without multichannel and front headphone, change it to 4. Or try the DSDT I provided, where the layout-id is already set to 4.

Thanks a lot for your very quick response! The ioreg.txt is attached.

I don´t know if this is important: My super-old previous monitor was connected with HDMI, but HDMI-audio never worked. The new monitor has all kinds of connectivity, but due to shortness of the inclosed cables (USB-C, HDMI) I have chosen the Display-port to connect the monitor to the "iHac". Music is transferred to the monitor via Bluetooth.

Because I am a newbe in Hackintosh I am still reluctant to use another dsdt, because I still do not know, how to replace the current one and to switch back in case the new one freezes the system... I hope you can understand this. It would be some sort of last resort for me to try a dsdt. Can you teach me to change the Layout-id´s instead?

Thank you so much again!

Gichin

Gichin.ioreg.txt

On 8/29/2018 at 8:47 PM, madicineman said:

Thanks a lot for your very quick response! The ioreg.txt is attached.

I don´t know if this is important: My super-old previous monitor was connected with HDMI, but HDMI-audio never worked. The new monitor has all kinds of connectivity, but due to shortness of the inclosed cables (USB-C, HDMI) I have chosen the Display-port to connect the monitor to the "iHac". Music is transferred to the monitor via Bluetooth.

Because I am a newbe in Hackintosh I am still reluctant to use another dsdt, because I still do not know, how to replace the current one and to switch back in case the new one freezes the system... I hope you can understand this. It would be some sort of last resort for me to try a dsdt. Can you teach me to change the Layout-id´s instead?

Thank you so much again!

Gichin

Gichin.ioreg.txt

HDMI/DP probably will not work because you're using a modified AppleHDA.kext, so restore it.

The layout-id can also be changed via the config.plist. Use CloverConfigurator and change the value as in the following picture. If nothing happens, you also use an SSDT that sets the layout-id.

Regarding the DSDT, use an updated EFI mounter or CloverConfigurator to mount the EFI partition and add the provided DSDT you have previously renamed to the patched folder, restart and select the renamed DSDT via clover menu if the provided DSDT does not work do a restart and clover will use the old DSDT again.

For 5.1 you have to make an aggregate device with the Audio-MIDI-Setup tool, see picture.

Audio-MIDI-Setup.png

Configure Speakers.png

23 hours ago, wern apfel said:

HDMI/DP probably will not work because you're using a modified AppleHDA.kext, so restore it.

The layout-id can also be changed via the config.plist. Use CloverConfigurator and change the value as in the following picture. If nothing happens, you also use an SSDT that sets the layout-id.

Regarding the DSDT, use an updated EFI mounter or CloverConfigurator to mount the EFI partition and add the provided DSDT you have previously renamed to the patched folder, restart and select the renamed DSDT via clover menu if the provided DSDT does not work do a restart and clover will use the old DSDT again.

For 5.1 you have to make an aggregate device with the Audio-MIDI-Setup tool, see picture.

Audio-MIDI-Setup.png

Configure Speakers.png

Wow, you are my man! The clover configurator is so great! So I got rid of a lot of messed up stuff I installed with the postinstallation tool which must not be named. Thanks for that hint!

I some sort of fixed the AppleHDA.kext by deleting old ALC.kexts who somehow were installed by me in former trials at the beginning of my hackintosh journey.

With that the sound was crystal clear. Than I did extensive testing.

Before I use the MIDI Setup tool I want to share my findings. It might of help for others: 

Audio_GA_Z170X_Gaming7.png

Edited by madicineman
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 5:21 PM, wern apfel said:

Audio-MIDI-Setup.png

Configure Speakers.png

Well my Audio-MIDI Setup tool looked a lot different from yours. It might be, that the old analoge DTT 2200 5.1 Surround is not detected as your system. But I finally succeeded with some kind of "Fake 5.1-Surround". Here is what I did:

From my chart I looked for a clover configuration for "Audio inject", where all channels are optional without the CA0132Switcher, because I looked for a solution which is there automatically after starting the system. This layout-id (=inject) is "4".

After reboot I opened "Audio-Midi".

There I created a "Device with several outputs" and clicked all "Lines out".

In "Configure speakers" I have chosen "Surround 2.0" (this is the maximum of my choices). 

After that all 6 speakers of the old 5.1 system are getting sound. The rest is finetuning with the DTT 2200 itself. I am pretty sure, it is Fake-Surround only, but I am happy.

Big thanks to you, Wern Apfel. Without you I would not be able to get where I am now. Thanks!

Gichin

screenshot_AudioMIDI_20180901.png

Edited by madicineman

25 minutes ago, madicineman said:

Well my Audio-MIDI Setup toll looked a lot different from yours. It might be, that the old analoge DTT 2200 5.1 Surround is not detected as your system. But I finally succeeded with some kind of "Fake 5.1-Surround". Here is what I did:

From my chart I looked for a clover configuration for "Audio inject", where all channels are optional without the CA0132Switcher, because I looked for a solution which is there automatically after starting the system. This layout-id (=inject) is "4".

After reboot I opened "Audio-Midi".

There I created a "Device with several outputs" and clicked all "Lines out".

In "Configure speakers" I have chosen "Surround 2.0" (this is the maximum of my choices). 

After that all 6 speakers of the old 5.1 system are getting sound. The rest is finetuning with the DTT 2200 itself. I am pretty sure, it is Fake-Surround only, but I am happy.

Big thanks to you, Wern Apfel. Without you I would not be able to get where I am now. Thanks!

Gichin

screenshot_AudioMIDI_20180901.png

Thanks for testing. After a quick look there is something wrong, but I'll take a closer look later.

The switcher is designed to work with layout-id 4 while Line-Out I is selected. Fake Surround works the same way as the Multi-Output device, but you can also switch to the headphones. Unfortunately, I've lost the source code but rebuild it again and both versions have some issues.

If you want to do more testing, you can try the CA0132Tool from thee first post where you have settings for different layout-ids. There are no resources for layout-id 7 and 8.

The AppleALC ressources also need some updates. I will give you an update later.

8 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

Thanks for testing. After a quick look there is something wrong, but I'll take a closer look later.

The switcher is designed to work with layout-id 4 while Line-Out I is selected. Fake Surround works the same way as the Multi-Output device, but you can also switch to the headphones. Unfortunately, I've lost the source code but rebuild it again and both versions have some issues.

If you want to do more testing, you can try the CA0132Tool from thee first post where you have settings for different layout-ids. There are no resources for layout-id 7 and 8.

The AppleALC ressources also need some updates. I will give you an update later.

OK! The 2nd column is your CA0132Tool from our first conversation back in March. Do you have any idea to have your tool working automatically after starting MacOSX?

3 hours ago, madicineman said:

OK! The 2nd column is your CA0132Tool from our first conversation back in March. Do you have any idea to have your tool working automatically after starting MacOSX?

To add it to autostart, press the command and comma keys while the switcher menu is unfolded. If that does not work, drag the app to the login items. 

I don't have 5.1 speakers and I'm not sure how it behaves when all jacks are connected. I tested the outputs with two headphones while sitting on the floor:), that's the reason why I build the CA0132tool with that big buttons.

LoginItems.png

28 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

To add it to autostart, press the command and comma keys while the switcher menu is unfolded. If that does not work, drag the app to the login items. 

I don't have 5.1 speakers and I'm not sure how it behaves when all jacks are connected. I tested the outputs with two headphones while sitting on the floor:), that's the reason why I build the CA0132tool with that big buttons.

LoginItems.png

Wow, that is real determination! I will try tomorrow to do more finetuning... But I had a nice evening watching „Saving Private Ryan“ at the new Monitor with the DTT at full blast... Well, until that first Tiger tank was approaching the bridge and my wife was calling that the whole house is rattling... Thank you again for your good work here!

21 minutes ago, madicineman said:

Wow, that is real determination! I will try tomorrow to do more finetuning... But I had a nice evening watching „Saving Private Ryan“ at the new Monitor with the DTT at full blast... Well, until that first Tiger tank was approaching the bridge and my wife was calling that the whole house is rattling... Thank you again for your good work here!

Ok, have fun.

Here an updated AppleALC with lower output gain, users complain about distorted sound at full volume, let's see if it's enough. ATM. only for layout-id 4.

AppleALC.kext_1.3.1_low.zip

Edited by wern apfel

21 hours ago, wern apfel said:

Ok, have fun.

Here an updated AppleALC with lower output gain, users complain about distorted sound at full volume, let's see if it's enough. ATM. only for layout-id 4.

AppleALC.kext_1.3.1_low.zip

Sorry, it took me so long. A black screen after updating Clover and the birthday of my mother in law kept me busy today... First time fiddeling with Clover Shell for me today...

Just installed your kext. No distorted music so far in any of the MacOSX-setting within layout id 4.

Can you do that for layout id 9 for me? Because only in "9" I got all 6 speakers working with your Switcher (but only after unplugging headphones from the rear). Should experiment with that? At the other hand I am quite happy with my setting with Audio-MIDI to a "Device with several outputs"...

Thank you again for your help!

I wish you a nice new week!

Gichin

On 9/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, madicineman said:

Sorry, it took me so long. A black screen after updating Clover and the birthday of my mother in law kept me busy today... First time fiddeling with Clover Shell for me today...

Just installed your kext. No distorted music so far in any of the MacOSX-setting within layout id 4.

Can you do that for layout id 9 for me? Because only in "9" I got all 6 speakers working with your Switcher (but only after unplugging headphones from the rear). Should experiment with that? At the other hand I am quite happy with my setting with Audio-MIDI to a "Device with several outputs"...

Thank you again for your help!

I wish you a nice new week!

Gichin

Ok, I'm back. You're probably use the switcher from the first post, but there's a newer version I'll attach it. The attached switcher is from January but should work with layout-id 4. Finally I rebuild the deleted code and will be uploading an new version soon.

You can also try the appended AppleALC with newly added layout-id 7, where you have discrete 6 channels, unfortunately without volume control ATM. Use the Audio-MIDI tool for 6 channel format.

MIDI-Tool.png

CA0132AudioSwitcher.zip

AppleALC.kext_layout_7.zip

Edited by wern apfel

42 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

Ok, I'm back. You're probably use the switcher from the first post, but there's a newer version I'll attach it. The attached switcher is from January but should work with layout-id 4. Finally I rebuild the deleted code and will be uploading an new version soon.

You can also try the appended AppleALC with newly added layout-id 7, where you have discrete 6 channels, unfortunately without volume control ATM. Use the Audio-MIDI tool for 6 channel format.

MIDI-Tool.png

CA0132AudioSwitcher.zip

AppleALC.kext_layout_7.zip

Well, I tried both new versions after setting to id 7 in Clover Configurator and copying the new AppleALC.kext to EFI=>Clover=>kexts=>10.13 and reboot. But for me in id-Layout 7 there is only the Audio of my LG Ultrawide Monitor via DP like I documented in the big test file. I will try other id´s too. 

6 minutes ago, madicineman said:

Well, I tried both new versions after setting to id 7 in Clover Configurator and copying the new AppleALC.kext to EFI=>Clover=>kexts=>10.13 and reboot. But for me in id-Layout 7 there is only the Audio of my LG Ultrawide Monitor via DP like I documented in the big test file. I will try other id´s too. 

I'm sorry, I uploaded the wrong file. Please download it again.

3 hours ago, madicineman said:

I am getting a permanent error trying to download it.

Since I've re-uploaded the file, the link from the post you're quoting has changed, using the link from my post.

Here is a new switcher app, please try it out. If there is not sound or some noises, use the reset tool.

CA0132Switcher1.0.1.zip

resetCA0132.zip

25 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

Since I've re-uploaded the file, the link from the post you're quoting has changed, using the link from my post.

Here is a new switcher app, please try it out. If there is not sound or some noises, use the reset tool.

CA0132Switcher1.0.1.zip

resetCA0132.zip

I am sorry. Even with the new AppleALC.kext there is not a single speaker I am able to configure in ID 7:

screenshot_Audio_20180909.png

And I tried with the new AppleALC.kext ID 9: "FakeSurround" of the Switcher was shown as an option, but when I clicked it, it switched to "Speakers". I was able to switch to "Headphones", but if plugged in the front there was unbearable loud music with now possibility to tune it down. If I plugged the headphones in the back, there was a continous peep. The reset tool did not change trhat. But I was able to switch with the Apple Audio control to "Device with several outputs" and got Surround 5.1 (without Software Volume control). Fortunately the DTT 2200 has a hardware volume control. So I am back to "normal" in ID 9 instead of ID 4. Just tell me if I can try something... Thanks again for your effort!

And I tried with the new AppleALC.kext ID 9: "FakeSurround" of the Switcher was shown as an option, but when I clicked it, it switched to "Speakers". I was able to switch to "Headphones", but if plugged in the front there was unbearable loud music with now possibility to tune it down. If I plugged the headphones in the back, there was a continous peep. The reset tool did not change trhat. But I was able to switch with the Apple Audio control to "Device with several outputs" and got Surround 5.1 (without Software Volume control). Fortunately the DTT 2200 has a hardware volume control. So I am back to "normal" in ID 9 instead of ID 4. Just tell me if I can try something... Thanks again for your effort!

You said that you copied the AppleALC.kext to "EFI=>Clover=>kexts=>10.13" do not you already have a kext  in the EFI=>Clover=>kexts=>Other folder? If not, your codec works differently or you do something else.

With layout 4 you see Internal Speakers and the first device is selected, as in the screenshot? This is how the switcher app works for me. 

Copy hda-verb to /usr/local/bin and drag the script into the terminal window and show me the output.

SoundPanel.png

On 9/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, wern apfel said:

You said that you copied the AppleALC.kext to "EFI=>Clover=>kexts=>10.13" do not you already have a kext  in the EFI=>Clover=>kexts=>Other folder? If not, your codec works differently or you do something else.

With layout 4 you see Internal Speakers and the first device is selected, as in the screenshot? This is how the switcher app works for me. 

Copy hda-verb to /usr/local/bin and drag the script into the terminal window and show me the output.

The EFI=>Clover=>kexts=>other-Folder contains only a FakeSMC. See picture 2.

In picture 1 you can see my Audio Settings just after booting into OSX.

With your last task I need your help: What is "hda-verb" and where can I found it. It did a search for the whole iHac but it came back empty.Thanks in advance. I can perform that task Friday night because I am on duty abroad.  

screenshot_Audio_settings_20180911.png

screenshot_EFI_CLOVER_kexts_20180911.png

Edited by madicineman

On 9/11/2018 at 9:29 PM, madicineman said:

In picture 1 you can see my Audio Settings just after booting into OSX.

With your last task I need your help: What is "hda-verb" and where can I found it. It did a search for the whole iHac but it came back empty.Thanks in advance. I can perform that task Friday night because I am on duty abroad.  

screenshot_Audio_settings_20180911.png

If you took the screenshot wile layout-id 4 was set, something is wrong. You should see 3 internal speaker devices, as in my picture.

Otherwise, if you choose headphones, which is the first device, the switcher should work.

Below, hda-verb and the script.

hda-verb_script.zip