HELP! ALC290, speaker and HP works but MICs doesn't.

babibada

108 posts in this topic

Good job MacPeet, well now someone here could report If this works with ALC290?:

Iphone headset (ComboJack, not only LineIn).

I say this because in all codecs I already fix AppleHDA that There's ComboJack it does not work,

or works only one or the other but MacPeet may have found the solution.

It works, I use iphone headset and it work correctly both of LineIn and LineOut, except hard button volumn :D

• 2 months later...

macpeet--great work!!   i have an envy 15t-k000 and the "switching" kext from post 37 did the trick.   i tested with an apple headphone/mic into the combo jack and both input and output switched correctly. input and output volumes are correct.

i didn't use the EAPD kext--what is that for?

plus---i can report that the "switching" kext also is working with el capitan, release version.

thanks!!

ken

Hello, I have the same mic problem because of built-in+ComboJack issue. But my device is ALC233 with only 3 verbs(mic, speaker, and headphone).

I managed to make internal mic working though. Could you help me to make external mic working?

try this: AppleHDA-272.50-ALC233-El capitan.zip  AppleHDA-272.18-ALC233-Yosemite.zip

Thanks, Mirone! It worked, Line In is showing. But it's acting weird. Sometimes Headphone output becomes static then it become normal again after a few sec or after I go to Input tab in Sound Settings. Also I think external mic is not catching very good sound, I need to keep my mic beside my mouth to make it catch better.

And yeah Internal Mic is not showing any activity

Thanks, Mirone! It worked, Line In is showing. But it's acting weird. Sometimes Headphone output becomes static then it become normal again after a few sec or after I go to Input tab in Sound Settings. Also I think external mic is not catching very good sound, I need to keep my mic beside my mouth to make it catch better.

And yeah Internal Mic is not showing any activity

From my modifications
MacPeet
will be able to help you I will this behind the scenes
indefinitely from tomorrow.

P.S: Use CodecCommander.

try this

So I tried all of those.

v1 and v3 gives weird mic sound, it makes my voice heavier and didn't catch sound clearly (need to put it beside my mouth). And it has the voice lost issue if I'm not interacting with mic. I need to go to Sound Settings and open Input tab to enable it again(just open, no need to do anything).

v2 somehow didn't have such issue, maybe because it didn't catch sound at all. Line In is there, but doesn't detect any sound.

And in all 3, internal mic never appears. Only Line In

--------------

Maybe this may help.

01471c00 01471d01 01471e17 01471f99 01971c10 01971d11 01971e8b 01971f01 02171c10 02171d10 02171e2b 02171f01 01b71c30 01b71d01 01b71ea7 01b71f99

It's my verb, added Line In verb to it from Mirone's kext here. Result is, I am able to switch to External or Internal Mic by changing the node in AppleHDAConfigDriver. 25 for external, and 27 for internal. But still not able to work simultaneously.

And yeah the voice lost issue does happen with my verbs.

I have added the connecting line in node 25 from Mirones HDA to Your Devices.

Then once the PinConfig configured as a combination of connections.
Then again with MuteGPIO = 0
Everything just a test. I can not promise anything.
At the same time does not work anyway. You must choose between the Mic's then already in System Preferences / Audio
There are certain small changes in PinConfig and the nodes required. You have to experiment a lot there.

I have added the connecting line in node 25 from Mirones HDA to Your Devices.

Then once the PinConfig configured as a combination of connections.
Then again with MuteGPIO = 0
Everything just a test. I can not promise anything.
At the same time does not work anyway. You must choose between the Mic's then already in System Preferences / Audio
There are certain small changes in PinConfig and the nodes required. You have to experiment a lot there.

Okay. Thanks for your help

So

What are the things that I need to try? Like connector, group, or location? Please give some clue

AppleHDA's for Yosemite operate normally even with El Capitan

Okay, thanks for the help.

I've tried the kext. Both Internal Mic and Line In shows up in v4! But Line In is still not capturing any sound. Internal Mic works though, but I think it's getting too much boost? Because I'm hearing statics along with my voice. The static is not that loud in v5, but Line In is not showing in v5