Lenovo ThinkPad X230i

Forged

9 posts in this topic

After many months of spare weekends, I've finally got my X230i up and running.

Specs:

• Intel i3-2370M
  • HD3000 graphics
  • 1366x768 display
  • Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
  • 16GB DDR3

What's working:

• UEFI boot with Clover
  • Full graphics acceleration
  • VGA output via patched framebuffer
  • Native power management
  • Audio via Clover on-the-fly AppleHDA patches
  • Wifi and Bluetooth through replaced wireless card (AW-CE123H) and Clover kext patches
  • Ethernet
  • Integrated microphone
  • Backlight control via patched DSDT + ACPIBacklight
  • Integrated camera
  • Battery status via patched DSDT + ACPIBattery
  • PS/2 keyboard + Synaptics touchpad with multitouch gestures
  • USB2 and USB3 ports
  • iMessage and Handoff

What's not working:

• Integrated SD card reader
  • External microphone through 3.5mm jack

Current issues:

• Sleep indicator LED stays on after sleep
  • Screen does not turn on when waking from sleep, until a key is pressed
  • Handoff is indicated to be working, but does not
  • Various iMessage issues

If anyone has this laptop and would like details on any of the stuff I've done here, reply with what you'd like and I'll give you information and/or files for it.

Likewise, if anyone knows how to help me fix the things that aren't working, that would be great.

Thanks smile_osx.png

• Like 2

With hibernatemode set to 29, the machine doesn't sleep to RAM, but hibernates to disk when Sleep is selected from the menu. Of course, all the LEDs work fine this way, but it takes a very long time to resume from sleep. When closing the lid, the laptop sleeps to RAM, but has the same issue as before - the sleep LED remains on after wake.

What I would like is just for the sleep LED to turn off after wake; also to wake the display on opening the lid, rather than having to press a keyboard key, if that's possible  :)

Maybe you want Sleep functions like a Apple hardware, but you have not Apple hardware.

You can try another combinations: Sleep, Hibernation - How it Works? and How to use?

In Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only guide, you can find this option too:

If you want hibernation, then set hibernate mode to 7 (mode 7 is like mode 3 but without encryption)

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 7

Note: Booting up from the hibernated image may have jumbled or blank LCD until you do a sleep/wake cycle to reset the LCD. 

• Like 1

Thanks, that got hibernate working for me. :)

I think the sleep light issue is quite separate; perhaps based more in DSDT/SSDT. It's only a minor cosmetic issue, perhaps I or someone else will figure it out in the future.

• Like 1

Update:

iMessage and Handoff are now working perfectly. The problem was that the MLB value I was using was invalid. I generated a new, valid 17-digit MLB, reset all iCloud/iMessage preferences (deleted plists), rebooted, and everything started working.

• Like 1