Clover Problems and Solutions

ErmaC
3,206 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Slice said:

The UUID = C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B is exactly for EFI partition and not for MS-DOS partition

Or you can use diskutil and look for EFI under the TYPE column. But Clover can work from any partition.

Slice, regarding the Avilability.h patch, I didn't include the patch in our sources, as it originates from homebrew, and the exact same link is used in the homebrew bottle for building gcc.

So, being the "official" link for that patch, it's staying there until they change the bottle, and if they do, we probably should update it also... so I thought it's a better idea just to link to it.

But if you prefer not to have links to homebrew, we can include it in our sources, of course, no problem.

Anyway, I assume a proper solution will come included with the next gcc release.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:05 AM, Slice said:

The UUID = C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B is exactly for EFI partition and not for MS-DOS partition

Yeah! Anyway macOS set the kDADiskDescriptionMediaNameKey (DiskArbitration) to "EFI System Partition" when all the conditions are met.

A question, is there any one using "disable Bonjour Sleep Proxy client"?

P.S. I'm too far from finish..

13 hours ago, vector sigma said:

A question, is there any one using "disable Bonjour Sleep Proxy client"?

I even don't know what is it and why it should be used.

@Slice I have a question. For a legacy boot w/o native nvram.. should not be the best thing to dump the nvram in the Clover boot partition? I mean always. Please let me know.

1. We know which is it.
  2. so we don't need to search for it.
  3. we know is it writable and its filesystem always supported (right?)
  4. down sides? no one?
Edited by vector sigma

11 hours ago, vector sigma said:

@Slice I have a question. For a legacy boot w/o native nvram.. should not be the best thing to dump the nvram in the Clover boot partition? I mean always. Please let me know.

1. We know which is it.
  2. so we don't need to search for it.
  3. we know is it writable and its filesystem always supported (right?)
  4. down sides? no one?

You means EFI System Partition? It is not possible to mount it at shutdown script.

Much simpler save nvram.plist in the first available root folder and Clover will search all volumes/root for the file nvram.plist and choose the latest one. (comparing modification date). At Clover time the folder should be RO so it can be HFS+ and APFS. Not need to be writable.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

At Clover time the folder should be RO so it can be HFS+ and APFS. Not need to be writable.

Of course.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

You means EFI System Partition? It is not possible to mount it at shutdown script.

Yes. But the actual script do that.. or otherwise is trying to do that.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Much simpler save nvram.plist in the first available root folder and Clover will search all volumes/root for the file nvram.plist and choose the latest one.

all clear. I'll try to make a program that do all that without using scripts. I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

Build in ElCapitan failed

Building CloverPrefpane preference...
2019-12-14 07:43:32.051 xcodebuild[90253:189214]  DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport-10150/Xcode3Core/LegacyProjects/Frameworks/DevToolsCore/DevToolsCore/BuildSystem/Runtime/PBXTargetBuildContext.mm:736
Details:  unexpected successful exit code from cancelled command <C0005:'CopyStringsFile InfoPlist.strings':P12>
Object:   <PBXTargetBuildContext: 0x7fd6f9492ba0>
Method:   -createCommandInvocationRecordFromInvocation:
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x7fd6f957d6e0>{number = 9, name = (null)}
Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileXIB src/en.lproj/CloverPrefpane.xib
(1 failure)
make[1]: *** [CloverPrefpane] Error 65
make: *** [pkg] Error 2

May be exclude prefPane from the build?

18 hours ago, Slice said:

The real problem that I tried to compile under ElCapitan with Xcode 7.3.1 while present sources require Xcode 8 and more.

xibs can be downgraded

1266848456_Screenshot2019-12-15at15_57_12.png.ff5ee1267690908ef82737316c6f0b90.png 

the above is from Xcode10, but  opening and saving them with a greater version will allow you to bring back Xcode7 compatibility. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

xibs can be downgraded

1266848456_Screenshot2019-12-15at15_57_12.png.ff5ee1267690908ef82737316c6f0b90.png 

the above is from Xcode10, but  opening and saving them with a greater version will allow you to bring back Xcode7 compatibility. 

Mmmm....

Снимок экрана 2019-12-15 в 18.39.25.png

On 10/23/2019 at 6:08 AM, Slice said:

3. Set nvram variables with prefix Clover. {theme, sound}

Now I've some time to spend on sound. What should be the sound setting Clover.app should handle? file name? the volume?

please let me know as is the only thing I left unfinished, thanks!

Edited by vector sigma

4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Now I've some time to spend on sound. What should be the sound setting Clover.app should handle? file name? the volume?

please let me know as is the only thing I left unfinished, thanks!

SetNvramVariable(L"Clover.SoundDevice", &gEfiAppleBootGuid,
                       EFI_VARIABLE_NON_VOLATILE | EFI_VARIABLE_BOOTSERVICE_ACCESS | EFI_VARIABLE_RUNTIME_ACCESS,
                       GetDevicePathSize(DevicePath), (UINT8 *)DevicePath);
      SetNvramVariable(L"Clover.SoundIndex", &gEfiAppleBootGuid,
                       EFI_VARIABLE_NON_VOLATILE | EFI_VARIABLE_BOOTSERVICE_ACCESS | EFI_VARIABLE_RUNTIME_ACCESS,
                       1, (UINT8 *)&TmpIndex);

SetNvramVariable(L"Clover.SoundVolume", &gEfiAppleBootGuid,
                     1, &DefaultAudioVolume);