I have successfully installed Mavericks (10.9.1) to my HP Z800.
- 2x Intel Xeon E5520 @ 2.26GHz Four Cores Eight Threads;
- 96 GB 1066 MHZ ECC DDR3;
- Nvidia GTX 760;
- Intel Rapid raid storage;
- LSI SAS controller;
- 1×128 GB SSD and 4x2TB HDD;
- Get your Mavericks 10.9.1. This is must, after 10.9.1 the support to LSI SAS controller is removed;
- On your Mac, use myHack (you can get it http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/) to create a USB installer, for which you will need at 8GB stick;
- Change hardware settings of HP Z800 to make all your SSD and HDD connected to SAS port instead of SATA port (which won’t be recognized). Remove unnecessary component from HP Z800.
- Change the bios setting of HP Z800 to disable vt-d and make sure booting from LSI is enabled (press ctrl+c during booting to access LSI interface);
- Insert your USB installer to HP Z800 and use following boot flag “GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=0 -v -f”. The first two flags we used for the GTX 760 graphic card and “-f” disable kernel cache;
- Follow the install instruction of the Apple. Approaching to completion, myHack will indicate you to remove some kexts, press “yes” to all of them;
- After installation is completed, remove the USB installer from HP Z800;
- Boot HP Z800 to the Mavericks just installed and follow all the instruction;
- In your system, change boot flag in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist