Workstation 11/12, Player 7/12, Fusion 7/8 and ESXi 6 Mac OS X Unlocker 2

Donk

691 posts in this topic

Completely removd VMWare Workstaition 11, deleted vmware folder, ran ccleaner, rebooted.

Installed VMWare 11 to default dir c:\program files x86\vmware

Installed Python 2.7.to c:\program files x86\vmware\phython

Ran the win-install.cmd to path vmware

Rebooted

When trying to launch OS X 10.10 Yosemite for vmware for Windows 8.1 x64, it stalls half way though the launch to the desktop.

After inspecting the console window, it cannot find python.  The readme states "The python.exe file must be on the executable PATH. If it is not on PATH please
edit win-install.cmd to point to the installation path", what do i change in the win-install.cmd to reflect the path that python has been installed to ?  I'm not a programmer, and not sure what to change/edit in the .cmd file.

Thanks very much for releasing this update. Will report back once it's working.

The code requires Python 2.7 to work. Most Linux distros and OS X ship with a compatible Python interpreter and should work without requiring any additional software.

Would you expect a Python wrapper such as py2exe to work?  Maybe somebody can confirm if they've had success with this method...

Completely removd VMWare Workstaition 11, deleted vmware folder, ran ccleaner, rebooted.

Installed VMWare 11 to default dir c:\program files x86\vmware

Installed Python 2.7.to c:\program files x86\vmware\phython

Ran the win-install.cmd to path vmware

Rebooted

When trying to launch OS X 10.10 Yosemite for vmware for Windows 8.1 x64, it stalls half way though the launch to the desktop.

After inspecting the console window, it cannot find python.  The readme states "The python.exe file must be on the executable PATH. If it is not on PATH please

edit win-install.cmd to point to the installation path", what do i change in the win-install.cmd to reflect the path that python has been installed to ?  I'm not a programmer, and not sure what to change/edit in the .cmd file.

Thanks very much for releasing this update. Will report back once it's working.

When you install the Python , you can chose the "Entire feature will be installed on local hard driver" in "Add python.exe to Path " . And root your computer . the Python will be OK .

You have two options:

1) Modify win-install.cmd to point to your Python installation - you must edit Line 40 where it says "python.exe vmxsmc.py" to point to the location that you installed Python on your system:

(e.g. change the line to "path\to\python.exe vmxsmc.py")

2) Edit Windows' PATH environment variable to include your Python installation:

Right click on My Computer / This PC -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables... -> find "Path" in the top pane and click Edit... -> add the path to python.exe where you installed it on your system, separated from the existing paths by a semicolon. (e.g. "C:\path\to\python\installation\") - but only to the folder containing the executable, don't add python.exe itself to the path.

Would you expect a Python wrapper such as py2exe to work?  Maybe somebody can confirm if they've had success with this method...

I will be looking at this next. There was a decision to release it as-is now to allow some degree of functionality to be available to those who want it. The thread is in this forum on the unlocker status.

hi im on linux , should be newest python availabe, i get errors using the install script

VMware Unlocker 2.0.0
===============================
Copyright: Dave Parsons 2011-14
Creating backup folder...
‘/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx’ -> ‘./backup/vmware-vmx’
‘/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx-debug’ -> ‘./backup/vmware-vmx-debug’
‘/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx-stats’ -> ‘./backup/vmware-vmx-stats’
‘/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libvmwarebase.so.0/libvmwarebase.so.0’ -> ‘./backup/libvmwarebase.so.0’
Patching...
  File "./vmxsmc.py", line 66
    print '+LKS Memcpy: 0x' + lks_cpy.encode('hex')
                          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

after that, nothing seems to be unlocked

have a nice day to everybody

hi im on linux , should be newest python availabe, i get errors using the install script

VMware Unlocker 2.0.0

‘/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libvmwarebase.so.0/libvmwarebase.so.0’ -> ‘./backup/libvmwarebase.so.0’

Patching...

^

What Linux distro? And what is the output of python -V from the terminal?

It is stop in Boot Manager .

I was used the *.dmg .

VMware Unlocker 2.0.0
Patching...
                          ^

The python version error , you should used the version 2.7.* , not is 3.*

It is stop in Boot Manager .

I was used the *.dmg .

The python version error , you should used the version 2.7.* , not is 3.*

Of course, the encode issue in Python 3. Again something for next release to fix. Hopefully will sort out fixes quickly.

Of course, the encode issue in Python 3. Again something for next release to fix. Hopefully will sort out fixes quickly.

Yeap. I got it on Arch Linux where Python defaults 3.4.2 Changing the install script from "python" to "python2" did the trick.

Hey , I meet a  problem about , the unsuccessful.tual SCSI CDROM Drive (0.0) . And the next the VM will going in the Boot Manager .

An the end , I came the Boot Manager ->EFI Internal Shell , I saw blk0 and blk1 is (null) .

What should I do ?

At first I like to thank you for a great Job. I'm only an interested user, not a programmer. This may explain my question. I have a WS11 running on Windows 8.1. I installed python 2.7. The path to python now is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Python27\python.exe

In the next step I tried to change the path in the win-install.cmd to C:\Program Files (x86)\Python27\

When I start the win-install.cmd I always see something like "the command C.\Program is wrong written..."

What is my failure?

Thanks God we have you to play with MacOSX on Windows or Linux.

Edit: v2.0.1 is missing the Darwin.iso file :(

Oops  - messed up the permissions and didn't compress correctly. I will upload a 2.0.2 later today. Can't do it at the moment as I am not at home.

How can I change the VRAM , it is always is 128M ? Maybe it is great number on the Old Mac version , but in  Yosemite it is not enough .

So , what should I do Donk ?

I don't know what can be done, this is not something the unlocker can fix. I think it is hard coded limit on the VMware SVGA2 virtual GPU. Suggest you start a new topic to dicuss this with others.

Hi, I had the python and unlocker 2 up and working but I face another problem:

when I setup a machine with 10.8/10.9/10.10 ( Darwin14-64 ) the machine stop straight away with this error:

VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)

vcpu-0:VERIFY vmcore/vmm/main/physMem_monitor.c:1123

A log file is available in "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Virtual Machines\OS X 10.10\vmware.log".  

You can request support.  

To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Data" from the Help menu.

You can also run the "vm-support" script in the Workstation folder directly.

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

I have others machine running on 64 bit without errors.....

when I setup a machine with 10.8/10.9/10.10 ( Darwin14-64 ) the machine stop straight away with this error:

A log file is available in "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Virtual Machines\OS X 10.10\vmware.log".  

You can request support.  

To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Data" from the Help menu.

I tried 10.7 32 bit and it run.......

You can request support.  

I tried 10.7 32 bit and it run.......

Hello, I have the same error as rinegato. I have tried to install 10.10 and I have tried to start a installed 10.8 (I have upgrated from VM Ware Workstation 10 to 11). My host operating system is Ubuntu 14.04. Sorry for my bad english.....

Hello, I have the same error as rinegato. I have tried to install 10.10 and I have tried to start a installed 10.8 (I have upgrated from VM Ware Workstation 10 to 11). My host operating system is Ubuntu 14.04. Sorry for my bad english.....

Yes ...I tried to upgrade a working Maverick on Workstation 10 to 11 and same problem too....on workstation 10 had no problem with unlocker 1.30....