• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Nano07

Nano07

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
rtl8187L mine stays connected all the time, but cant get an IP address. And if I put it manual it accepts it but if I ping, I get not response.

coolaks

coolaks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
i have a wg111v2.. it connects at random.. and disconnects.. sometimes when it connects, it works for hours together..

but it is lame to keep disconnecting and reconnecting the damn thing to wait for it to finally work.. but i have to do it nevertheless..

jpabferreira

jpabferreira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
My card is working. You guys can try my configuration following the steps posted HERE.

fakedrake88

fakedrake88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
If you have a p5w hd deluxe motherboard and are runing the rtl8187 off of the osx driver provided on the realtek site with sucess could you please tell me your bios information so that those with the same mother board can load that version of bios.

thank you

i am running bios version 2602 and my rtl8187 works for a couple second when i turn the radio on. It conects to a wifi network. It runs infastructure for a second and then turns off. durring this time the eth port 3 that it represents in my network preferences goes from orange to red.

I am thinking of flashing to a different bios but i dont want to risk the functionality of my motherboard with no promise of the reward of a working wifi

williwilliwilli

williwilliwilli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 30 posts
New Leopard driver on the realtek site!!

It has increased quite a bit in size...
http://www.realtek.c...s=true#RTL8187L

I will try this tonight!
Anyone else?

JMM

JMM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I'll test it tonight --- new release... 10.5 v1309, almost 9Megs, the "Site 3" is faster to download...

:(

Results:

Advice:
Before you install it make sure you don't have the previous versions installed and Rename your working interfaces to something like "Marvel Yukon #1" and #2 or so...

1.- Run the installer, then reboot.
Takes a while to the "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to load!!!!

2.- Ok, a new restart will help you and is needed because the System Preferences, Network, is at first a little unstable with the new "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility".

3.- After restarting... And waiting on "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to finish loading, open the System Preferences, Network then click on the "+" to add a "New Service", On Interfaces select the 3rd "Ethernet" then click on Create

After creating the service, it will get an IP automatically... it's wrong, but, it's ok!

4.- Rename your service to someting like "USB WiFi Solo" and go to "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to the "Available Network" tab and pick your network, then "Add to Profile" type in your info and viola!

You're connected!!!

And if you have your sleep working, after a wake up! I was connected, still....... :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Finally Working :hysterical:

The only bad side about this is the long wait for the "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to load... :wink2:

Enjoy!

Nano07

Nano07

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Woohooo!!!!!! Got it working!!!!! YEH!!!! FINALLY!

:( :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks guys!!!!!!!

aaronboi18

aaronboi18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
has anyone managed to find a solution to the 802.1x authentication problem with the Realtek WLAN client utility?

cheers :)

roger santos

roger santos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
the authentication doesn't work still.... dammit!

Westiside Mac God

Westiside Mac God

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I couldn't install the latest drivers for Realtek 87_10.4_v1309 to work. I tried uninstalling, and installing, and i get installation failed. Then i tried installing after I reformated Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard without having the lan drivers installed from kalyway. When I installed the older Realtek Drivers I can't load the realtek program and I can't access the network settings. I've tried multiple downloads of 87_10.4_v1309. This sucks I really just want the wifi to work. Help me please. My timemachine doesn't work either. Because I thought it would be cool to use timemachine to revert back instead of reinstalling each time. When I loaded the realtek drivers off the kalyway 10.5.1 it works for 1 second and when i go to configure, none of the wifi signals show up anymore. Help!!! My build is the hackintosh exactly with a Q6600 proc. I also reverted my bios back to 2206 from 2302 to see if it helped. It didn't matter. Can anyone help in los angeles. I'll drive a pay to have this working I'm so frustrated. i would also be willing to try an alternate wifi device.

Westiside Mac God

Westiside Mac God

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's working finally. I got the drivers to install. I think time machine was running or maybe it was reverting to 2206 bios(doubt it). I'm so stoked. This is the greatest moment of my month. Of the year. Here we go. thanks for all the help insanelymac forums.

jasonhwang

jasonhwang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay I'm really getting frustrated. It alone took me 3 days to install leo on my toshiba laptop. I even got 3 dvds, kalyway, iatkos 1.0ir2 and iatkos 1.0i. Currently, the only one i could get it to boot up is iatkos 1.0i. So that's what i'm running. So basically, i got the realtek 8187L inside of the laptop. This doesn't work at all. There are no indiciations in leopard that it even detects the thing. I go to network in the preferences and all i see is Etherent (e0) and Airport (off). If i press the + button, all there is is VPC, PPPoE, and "6 to 4" or "4 to 6" this is at the top of my head. I installed the drivers and everything, the latest intel ones. The thing is, i the Realtek USB WLAN Client Utility loads up, bounces on the dock for a while, then just sits there. It doesn't do anything. No dock indicator. Nothing. I can't even apple tab to it. Everything else on the computer works, sound and video etc. WTF? I even accidently refreshed this page when iwas finished typing it, which made me start over.
Additional info:
In bios, it lists legacy usb, boot up with lan, boot up with wireless lan, enable lan, and that's it really. everything is is nothing.

Computer specs: <h1 class="title">Toshiba Satellite A205-S5803 15.4" Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2330</h1>
  • Intel Pentium dual-core processor T2330 operating at 1.6GHz
  • 1MB L2 cache
  • Up to 533MHz frontside bus
  • 1GB of PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2 x 512MB); maximum memory capacity: 2GB
  • 120GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive
  • DVD SuperMulti drive with Double Layer support (reads/writes DVDR/RW, DVD-RAM, DVDR Double Layer, CD-R/RW)
  • Realtek 802.11b/g wireless LAN
  • 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN port
  • 56K V.92 modem
  • 2 USB 2.0 ports
  • ExpressCard/54 slot: also compatible with ExpressCard/34
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with from 128MB to 251MB shared memory

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

williwilliwilli

williwilliwilli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 30 posts
Is Airtunes working for anyone?
Now that the wifi is working...
Not for me, I am unable to select the remote speakers (which can be seen by itunes). For any suggestion I would be very thankful!
More info here
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=90851
Cheers!

LawlessPPC

LawlessPPC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
anyone had wpa-psk tkip working on this it will not let me enter anything under network key it has a flashing cursor in text field but wont accept text

SilverZero

SilverZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I'm getting an "install failed" error every time I try this. Uninstalled previous versions (or attempts), and I tried both the L and the B versions. Kaly 10.5.1, by the way.

Thoughts?

Cupola

Cupola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

1.- Run the installer, then reboot.
Takes a while to the "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to load!!!!

2.- Ok, a new restart will help you and is needed because the System Preferences, Network, is at first a little unstable with the new "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility".

3.- After restarting... And waiting on "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to finish loading, open the System Preferences, Network then click on the "+" to add a "New Service", On Interfaces select the 3rd "Ethernet" then click on Create

After creating the service, it will get an IP automatically... it's wrong, but, it's ok!

4.- Rename your service to someting like "USB WiFi Solo" and go to "Realtek USB WLAN Configuration Utility" to the "Available Network" tab and pick your network, then "Add to Profile" type in your info and viola!

1. Installation of Kalyway 1. 5. 2. DVD 3.6GB
2. The Kalyway's kext(RTL8187B) has been deleted(Realtek uninstall alias)
Reboot
3.And new driver Realtek_RTL8187B_MacOS10.4_Driver_1117_UI_1.5.1A installed.
Reboot
4.Realtek USB WLAN Client Utility freezes!!! Not Starting!!!
I tried 33159, 33175 but no luck!
PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S.
Realtek USB WLAN Client Utility was started(on toshiba) one's and I was successfully connected to wifi, but after restart still not starting.

WannaBeApple

WannaBeApple

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Is the RTL8187(L) the right one wifi driver for my Asus P5K-Deluxe?!

Please answer soon :(

playfullyrastadoul

playfullyrastadoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
can we configure the usb key as an airport ?

playfullyrastadoul

playfullyrastadoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
i have the same problem ! freeze when i rebooted

Dolphininblue

Dolphininblue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The thing is, i the Realtek USB WLAN Client Utility loads up, bounces on the dock for a while, then just sits there. It doesn't do anything. No dock indicator. Nothing. I can't even apple tab to it.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the same issue. Any help will be appreciated. Kalyway 10.5.1

Thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy