R9 290X

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

Pavo

Pavo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:MSI Z97 Gaming G45 motherboard, i7 4790, 24Gb ram, Sapphire Vapor R9 290x 8Gb, ALC1150 on board...

Just wanted to report I finally got Clover to inject the FB, everything is working perfectly now, the binary patch I posted is still working with all ports and with HDMI audio for the R9 290x 8Gb which is in my Sig, now it might behave differently on a different card dunno. Now just gotta figure out how to patch the info.plist for AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to replace GFX0 to PEGP and then patch AppleLPC.kext to replace 8c44 to 8cc4 anyone have any ideas to do this with Clover? I know I can do it with DSDT but I don't like patching DSDT

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,398 posts

Just wanted to report I finally got Clover to inject the FB, everything is working perfectly now, the binary patch I posted is still working with all ports and with HDMI audio for the R9 290x 8Gb which is in my Sig, now it might behave differently on a different card dunno. Now just gotta figure out how to patch the info.plist for AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to replace GFX0 to PEGP and then patch AppleLPC.kext to replace 8c44 to 8cc4 anyone have any ideas to do this with Clover? I know I can do it with DSDT but I don't like patching DSDT

ACPI->DSDT->Fixes->FakeLPC_0020=true

No other ways exists.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,344 posts

binary patch I posted is still working with all ports and with HDMI audio for the R9 290x 8Gb

When convenient, attach IOReg, config.plist and dsdt.  TIA

Ultimatebadass

Ultimatebadass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

all ports and with HDMI audio for the R9 290x 8Gb

That is some good news! Mind sharing the clover config?

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Java, PHP, Ruby & Linux/Windows server management

When convenient, attach IOReg, config.plist and dsdt.  TIA

Toleda, do you also want/need my current (working) configuration?

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,344 posts

want/need my current (working) configuration?

Absolutely.

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Absolutely.

Okay then, there you go! :)

Attachment added with the following included in the package:

- Clover configuration (s/n etc. are masked).

- IOReg dump from IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

- Clover ACPI folder (original and patched DSDT, as well as the DSL file).

Check my signature for hardware / software specs (it's the desktop one of course  :)).

I hope that this information may help you. If you still need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Attached Files

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,398 posts

Okay then, there you go! :)

Attachment added with the following included in the package:

- Clover configuration (s/n etc. are masked).

- IOReg dump from IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

- Clover ACPI folder (original and patched DSDT, as well as the DSL file).

Check my signature for hardware / software specs (it's the desktop one of course  :)).

I hope that this information may help you. If you still need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

I see no drivers attached to HDMI device.

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I see no drivers attached to HDMI device.

That's weird. Everything does work here (QE/CI etc) and I'm currently using the HDMI (video only).

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,398 posts

weird...  ^_^  What did you do to load Audio driver?

What about VoodooHDA?

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

weird...  ^_^  What did you do to load Audio driver?

What about VoodooHDA?

If you mean HDMI audio. I do not use that. I only use HDMI video. I use ALC898 patch from toleda for working audio :) My screen is on HDMI, but does not have speakers.

I am currently not in the need to get HDMI audio working as I cannot test it, but if there is anything you need from me, please do tell.

I also finally came 'round to test the DP and that one (at least on my card) still needs to be re-plugged. DVI I cannot test, yet. HDMI works though on this card with the patch.

Sorry for the confusion  :blush:

Ultimatebadass

Ultimatebadass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

After using bits and pieces from MacFaultys config file I was able to get 2 displays running on my card (so, that's an improvement), still no luck getting the 3rd to light up. Wierd thing is - it doesn't matter what ports I plug them into, so the connectors work but it only activates 2 screens at max for some reason. What do you guys think, is it still a problem with the framebuffer or maybe the driver itself is {censored}ed?

BBond007

BBond007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

After using bits and pieces from MacFaultys config file I was able to get 2 displays running on my card (so, that's an improvement), still no luck getting the 3rd to light up. Wierd thing is - it doesn't matter what ports I plug them into, so the connectors work but it only activates 2 screens at max for some reason. What do you guys think, is it still a problem with the framebuffer or maybe the driver itself is {censored}ed?

I think I have gotten 3 up and going by connecting the 3rd after the system is booted. I just don't think I was successful getting it to boot that way.

Anyway, I have also noticed that any monitors connected to the secondary card seem to have strange artifact issues with flash animations. Its like its getting bitmaps mixed up or something. 

On the machine with 1440p monitor and HDMI I moved both monitors to the same card and now that machine works really well. 

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

One DVI-D port 'seems' to be working alright. I do wish that in 10.11 (or maybe next release is 11.00?) the driver will be covering more framebuffers though.

Awesome Donkey

Awesome Donkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

If push comes to shove, I definitely recommend getting an active DVI-D to DP adapter.

H0chi

H0chi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:i7-4790 # AsRock H97-Pro4 # 16GB RAM # R9 290 Tri-X # Dual Boot (Win8.1 & 10.10.2)

Hey Guys, I wanna say thanks for the config.plist (@MacFaulty) which worked for my R9 290 (Non-X). And I also ordered the active display port converter from dell and that's why I am posting here. I found the adapter very very cheap. 

http://www.notebook-...t625-xt625-neu/

You get it for about 10 Euros. They are from Germany. International Delivery is 15 Euro, which makes 25 Euro, so still very cheap. (But i am not exactly sure where they deliver to, but i think International Delivery means Europe) 

Thought that might be useful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R9 290X

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy