Haswell + HD4600 on VirtualBox

haswell hd4600 virtualbox hp envy 17-j043cl touchsmart laptop niresh i7-4700mq IOBluetoothHCIController

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jazz Soft

Jazz Soft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I am trying to install Mavericks (Niresh) on VirtualBox.  My computer is HP Envy TouchSmart 17-j043cl laptop (Haswell i7-4700mq + Intel HD4600).  I get following message and installation is stopped:

*** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I tried combinations of -v, -x, -f, CPUs=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, npci=0x2000, etc. but no success.

Some people say it's not a Bluetooth issue; it's a graphics issue.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attached Files

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

try this combo: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0

if it doesn't work, then you will have to remove all video kexts...

warlikewings

warlikewings

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
It could be due to locked msrs in the mach kernel, but I'm not sure if that effects virtual box like it does on real installs. Try running Niresh with just this...

xpcm-free

See if that command works. Niresh mavericks includes the xpcm free mach kernel if you tell it to use that. You just have to remember you won't have power management until you patch the mach_kernel properly, or alternatively use a patched aicpupm.kext. I recommend the former. More info can be found at "racerrehabman.wordpress.com"

Jazz Soft

Jazz Soft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It might be a Haswell issue.  I tried and tried...finally gave up attempting to make it happen on VirtualBox.  I switched to VMWare and it worked fine (I had to patch VMWare Player, though).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haswell, hd4600, virtualbox, hp envy, 17-j043cl, touchsmart, laptop, niresh, i7-4700mq, IOBluetoothHCIController

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy