Project AnodizeD: G5 mod

Razzle_Dazzle

107 posts in this topic

Cool mod Razzle_Dazzle, a lot of great diy work going on. Always nice to see something different.  :)

BTW At the laser hive, the laser is working again and catching up on the backlog of stuff here.  Almost up to date now…thanks Fabius for your patience!

• Like 1

That is awesome :) glad for you  :thumbsup_anim: Hope you make out alright with the selling so you can get the rest of the things you need. I want to see your mod at the end

Thanks, yes, if you want, I'll put some pictures here.

BTW At the laser hive, the laser is working again and catching up on the backlog of stuff here.  Almost up to date now…thanks Fabius for your patience!

Yes, i know, no problem :)

Cool mod Razzle_Dazzle, a lot of great diy work going on. Always nice to see something different.  :)

Thank you MiniHack :) I will be updating the post soon waiting for more parts to arrive. I wish the laserhive was in US, would be nice to have it close for quicker shipping and less shipping cost.

Thanks, yes, if you want, I'll put some pictures here.

Please do on your post :) I would love to see your work log. 

Please do on your post :) I would love to see your work log. 

For now there is not much to see, and I do not speak English  :(  , for this reason I did not open a my tread.

For now there is not much to see, and I do not speak English  :(  , for this reason I did not open a my tread.

Post what ever you have done :) and your English is ok to me :) it is not perfect but I still understand you well my friend. Post when you have at least the tray and plan out your work. I would so Love to see it some day 

Mar. 31

So few updates since last time, I cut out the new tray as well as got some inserts and my order finally came in today. 

So I did the cutting and drilling to place the new ATX size motherboard tray into the case. 

100_2207.jpg

Placing the case back together temporarily 

I slide the PSU plexi back in place :/ Do not like how it looks to short on either end So I will have to redo the whole thing again with internal measurements. 

100_2205.jpg

100_2208.jpg

100_2209.jpg

As I said my parts finally came in :) So now I can work on the front of the case 

100_2210.jpg

The new I/O USB and audio port

100_2211.jpg

One thing for sure, buying the sleeving was a risk especially buying it for eBay. I was hoping buying "light gray" would be close to the Silver gray tight weave I got from FrozenCPU. Oh well :) I will still use both plus the white sleeving and platinum gray for the mod. 

100_2212.jpg

I went ahead and order a set of 6mm spacer for the motherboard. I plan on mapping out the insert for both a ATX and mATX motherboard. 

List of still have to do

*Finish front I/O panel

*Bodyfill the slot

*primer

*finding matching paint for the case

*measure placement for ATX,mATX motherboard

*set insert

*set up the back I/O panel

*finish PSU and setup lights. 

Post what ever you have done :) and your English is ok to me :) it is not perfect but I still understand you well my friend. Post when you have at least the tray and plan out your work. I would so Love to see it some day 

Thanks, but the english is credited with google translate :P

However, if you want, you can see my work here:

http://www.techarena.it/forum/modding/8113-il-tempo-delle-mele.html

I'm in a hurry now, i'll comment your update later.

Bye

• Like 1

Thanks, but the english is credited with google translate :P

However, if you want, you can see my work here:

http://www.techarena.it/forum/modding/8113-il-tempo-delle-mele.html

I'm in a hurry now, i'll comment your update later.

Bye

Wow it looks great my friend and lol :P 

Google traduttore è un ottimo sito da utilizzare come strumento per capirsi. :) Mantenere il buon lavoro mio amico.

Comment when you can my friend :) 

ciao

Great mod Razzle Dazzle :thumbsup_anim:

Wow Fabius your work looks great too ;)

thanks KTC :) I am hoping I can finish this before the end of april. I will be going on a month vacation will not be able to bring my work with me lol  :lol:

Great mod Razzle Dazzle :thumbsup_anim:

Wow Fabius your work looks great too ;)

thanks, but I'm only at the beginning of the work.

@Razzle: Yes, it's not perfect, but better than nothing.

The plexy is nice, but i suppose you painting it, right?

You'll change the color of the case?

If yes, what colors you have choice?

P.S.

I see you are in Miami, I would not be wrong, but  i  remember that I had relatives who lived there, I have to ask my uncle...

@Razzle: Yes, it's not perfect, but better than nothing.

The plexy is nice, but i suppose you painting it, right?

You'll change the color of the case?

If yes, what colors you have choice?

P.S.

I see you are in Miami, I would not be wrong, but  i  remember that I had relatives who lived there, I have to ask my uncle...

I might keep it as is, :/ it is also not as perfect as I would like to have it but it is either way will be hidden, I wanted to put light under the tray to have a halo glow effect. But the thin piece of LED strip I have is not enough I will have to get a meter worth to not only do the motherboard tray but the PSU cover and around some place. 

As for painting the case I am still working idea for that, I want to keep it as is with the aluminum anodize look.

I might be using the  Krylon aluminium chromium converter paint that I used on the fan blade but I also found Rustoleum galvanized paint I did not buy it but I am thinking of getting it by next week to see which of the two I prefer to use.

Oh :) awesome I hope he enjoys Miami.  

Amazing, it's simple to painting with these spray?

I love crome and alluminium :drool:

It's very hard i come in Miami, my direct relative is dead, and the other relatives is not in close contact, and more importance, i don't have the money for the airplane. :P

I spend my few money for my 2 sons:

fMpiSwE.jpg

XDFTY5A.jpg

:hysterical:

Amazing, it's simple to painting with these spray?

I love crome and alluminium :drool:

Lol me too chrome is a very beautiful grabs the attention quick. 

11494931826_9b02a0114d_o.jpg

It's very hard i come in Miami, my direct relative is dead, and the other relatives is not in close contact, and more importance, i don't have the money for the airplane. :P

I spend my few money for my 2 sons:

fMpiSwE.jpg

XDFTY5A.jpg

:hysterical:

Lmao yes Miami is a very expensive place to live. It can be very costly if you stay long but you have lots of fun while here. I am sorry to hear about that. 

Those bikes are beautiful I do love your ducati looks almost like a baja dirtbike. I bet your boys are having a lot of fun riding the bikes around,

April .3

Back once again this time with some fun updates.

Body-fill and a lot of elbow grease was used to get the smooth and flush surface of the optical drive slot. 

I went ahead as well and cut out the slot for the I/O panel. 

100_2215.jpg

I would have taken picture of the optical slot but that is boring and a tedious process so I decide to cut right to the close. After doing the I/O panel I will primer the surface and paint it with Krylon Aluminum chrome. 

Since I hate to throw things away I decide to use the sleeving using on the original cable for the SATA cable. I think I did a good job this one was pretty much easy. 

100_2217.jpg

With that I also managed to finish sleeving and lacing the line for the PCI-e cables. 

100_2219.jpg

At this point I ran out of gray 1/8 heat shrink tube and found a small amount of white 3/16 heat shrink tube, I decide to use the original cable from the G5 case and sleeve them. 

100_2222.jpg

Since I ran out of heat shrink tube i will not be able to finish sleeving this cable. But once I have the amount needed I will go ahead and get right to the sleeving.  

100_2224.jpg

So to be ready for the powersupply as well as the sleeved cable and cable connection I went ahead and cut out the section where I will have the connection sitting. Looking at it now I think I am better off cutting the whole curved to end and the other side as well then place U channel to keep the sleeving and cable from being cut on the edge of the metal. 

100_2227.jpg

As well I redesign the PSU cover to fit better in the case, I cut out a couple side notices so it sits nice and flush with the case as well a section for the I/O panel so it will sit nicely. 

100_2229.jpg

100_2230.jpg

Well the front panel is about to be finished, I am excited about this. I still need to put it all together and get a reference of where the mATX will sit so I will be able to position the back panel in place with dual fan. Once then I will pull it all apart once again Paint the case and then have it all back together for the final true time. 

I will have to order another set of gray and now white heat shrink to finish the sleeving and measure out my holes so I can slide the power unit cable through the Plexi. I also have to see how to set the cable connection for the PCI-e and other cables. 

Wiring still will have to be done as well but for the most part should not take me long to do. As for lights that is still in the air for now. 

Very nice work, the heat shrink is perfect, i tried and is not easy :thumbsup_anim:

I don't like the colour of the molex and 6pin connectors, you know if you buy them whites, it's possible to  color them?
You know the product for change the color of clothing?
You can use that for change the colour of the connectors.
This is the tutorial, but is in italian language: http://www.techarena.it/forum/modding/8233-colorare-immersione-i-connettori-molex.html#post233131

I'm very curious to see how the painting chrome result.

Ah, the laser hive parcel has arrived, you can see the photos in the my post in the italian forum, but if you want, i can post here easily.

Very nice work, the heat shrink is perfect, i tried and is not easy :thumbsup_anim:

I don't like the colour of the molex and 6pin connectors, you know if you buy them whites, it's possible to  color them?

You know the product for change the color of clothing?

You can use that for change the colour of the connectors.

This is the tutorial, but is in italian language: http://www.techarena.it/forum/modding/8233-colorare-immersione-i-connettori-molex.html#post233131

I'm very curious to see how the painting chrome result.

Ah, the laser hive parcel has arrived, you can see the photos in the my post in the italian forum, but if you want, i can post here easily.

I personally don't like the color either. I read about using cloths dye but I wonder how it will work on the red connector. I know it works the same on wire :) thank you for the tutorial link.

I am also curious about the paint results with aluminum chrome, as soon as I finish the front panel I will get started on painting.

Oh yes please do :) I would love to see it. 

Ok man:

This is the moderboard tray, pre cut :

FrI56ic.jpg

E5bRtM7.jpg

This is the backplate:

YFJzslZ.jpg

This is for adapter the original fans at the new backplate, the first is for "guide" for cutting the plastic support of the fans, the second is for placing the fans in the case.

There are also all the screws and standoffs that serve to assembly:

ekRy9xt.jpg

Last but not least, the instructions in an USB pen drive (512Mb):

GR76BqN.jpg

aLK72Lw.jpg

rock.gif

P.S.

The chromium car reminds me of an episode of West Coast Customs

• Like 1

Ok man:

This is the moderboard tray, pre cut :

FrI56ic.jpg

E5bRtM7.jpg

This is the backplate:

YFJzslZ.jpg

This is for adapter the original fans at the new backplate, the first is for "guide" for cutting the plastic support of the fans, the second is for placing the fans in the case.

There are also all the screws and standoffs that serve to assembly:

ekRy9xt.jpg

Last but not least, the instructions in an USB pen drive (512Mb):

GR76BqN.jpg

aLK72Lw.jpg

rock.gif

P.S.

The chromium car reminds me of an episode of West Coast Customs

WOW! those look so great ^_^ laserhive are really awesome at what they do. and yeah I saw the making of chromium car. You can get skins in any tint I have seen blue, red and gold tint chrome which looks amazing. innovation36_034.JPG

For now, i used only carbon vinyl sheet.

I been using carbon fiber vinyl on most of a lot of things. I did my laptop in black I have white for a clients tablet. Chrome I tired once was very hard to work with, the video made it seem simple and thou it was in quick time laps it made it still look like a fast job. I ended up destroying the chrome :/ went through about 8inch (457mm) worth of chrome before I got the temperature right and the chrome to flow nicely. It is a very tricky vinyl. I still have the brush metal vinyl I do not know where I want to place it I might just as well use it on the inside of the case to line the back before I start to wire manage everything together. 

April .5 and April .6

So a little update lazy weekend again didn't do much I still have to order some parts which is keeping me back. One of the order parts from last month which is should have been here was lost :/ but luckily the seller refunded me the full amount of the part. Going to have to look for a US seller so I can get the part in the mail before May. 

So working on the I/O panel for the front
100_2231.jpg

Not the best looking right now I know but lazy saturday.
100_2234.jpg

Spent the weekend mostly resting did a little work today but tonight I went to a friends house before he goes back to new york. 

Fresh start today sunday, feeling tired.. Need new energy maybe a look through on some PC mods to get refreshed. 

Body fill today
100_2237.jpg

Doesn't look the best right now got to sand it down and fill any low spots
100_2238.jpg

After a couple layer of Body fill and sanding
100_2239.jpg

Not so bad but not so good can't seen to get the lines straight :/ got to keep working on it tomorrow.
100_2240.jpg

Gonna fill some holes with JB weld around the power button so I can get the width right of the fill in. I want to go back as well and re-body fill the ports to get them straight and fitting properly. 

Once I get it done I can put the entire case together to see how it should look like before painting and final assembly. That is all for tonight lazy weekend and starting of another work week. Yay :victory:

I'm sorry for the parcel, usually is the Italian post office that sucks XD

It's ok, it's the different colour that makes him look "ugly", but when it primered, it looks good :)

I think that for my modding, i'll use the white carbon vinyl for the interior, and for external white paint, but first i need to find the connector for the compressor's spray gun.

I'm sorry for the parcel, usually is the Italian post office that sucks XD

It's ok, it's the different colour that makes him look "ugly", but when it primered, it looks good :)

I think that for my modding, i'll use the white carbon vinyl for the interior, and for external white paint, but first i need to find the connector for the compressor's spray gun.

I like the full clean look of the white. Carbon fiber white against white paint will look very clean :) 

lol will look clean and beautiful once you are done with it. I bought some parts just today will arrive by next week more heat shrink and some more parts. I need to finish off but at the moment I am building another computer this one will be for a client for the skyrim online game release for PC.