nVIDIA Retail Drivers for Mavericks

Kynyo

106 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know this is possible by modifying SystemVersion.plist

...hi, I didn't modify the package at all..it only searches for mac model and  "var supportedOSVer = "10.9.x";

var supportedOSBuildVer = "13";" which is any version of mavericks :smoke:

post-11772-0-81516000-1391893522_thumb.png

...maybe should change the subject title to

nVIDIA Retail Drivers for Mavericks

here on 10.9.2 13c53, if i install the nvidia official drivers (with nvda-drv=1 at boot and the nvram module enabled) i've got black screen when osx boots up)... no strange message on boot.

graphic enabler is set to no.

With nva-drv=0 at chameleon boot (so with the vanilla ones) all is ok!

p.s. i've got an nvidia gtx 660ti 2gb

here on 10.9.2 13c53, if i install the nvidia official drivers (with nvda-drv=1 at boot and the nvram module enabled) i've got black screen when osx boots up)... no strange message on boot.

graphic enabler is set to no.

With nva-drv=0 at chameleon boot (so with the vanilla ones) all is ok!

p.s. i've got an nvidia gtx 660ti 2gb

From reports from my users it seems that the 650, 650 Ti, 660 and 660 Ti has driver issues. Please consider that these drivers were never officially released but found by reverse engineering Nvidia updater... so bugs should be expected. 

I installed it on my machine with a GT610, rebooted and my VGA display didn't work, but the DVI still worked just fine. Switched to Web drivers and now it's stuck at:

GeForceSensors (pci1): Started
NVDAGF100HAL loaded and registered

I am running Clover, I have tried to toggle the Inject NVIDIA option from off to on, but with no luck. 

Can someone tell me which files are installed by the NVIDIA web installer? It looks like I will need to manually remove them from the system.

...hi, if you can start up in safe mode, the web drivers also come with an uninstaller...i believe it is in ApplicationSupport/nVidia folder

...hi, if you can start up in safe mode, the web drivers also come with an uninstaller...i believe it is in ApplicationSupport/nVidia folder

I was able to boot into Safe mode, but there isn't an uninstaller in the ApplicationSupport/nvidia folder. There is only a copy of the NVIDIAStartup kext. I used Pacifist to see the contents of the installer and then attacked my /S/L/E folder removing all the files listed in Pacifist, but to no avail, there is still something causing it to not boot.  

That copy of NVDAStartup is the original one. You should copy that to /S/L/E and overwrite the one installed by the web drivers. Then delete all the nvidia *Web.kext files (GeForceWeb.kext etc) and rebuild your cache.

Sweet! Thanks for the help. Looks like I need to track that down... now that I blew away the directory.  :blush:

That copy of NVDAStartup is the original one. You should copy that to /S/L/E and overwrite the one installed by the web drivers. Then delete all the nvidia *Web.kext files (GeForceWeb.kext etc) and rebuild your cache.

in my experience, overwriting the original nvdastartup.kext into s/l/e without removing *web. kext files, did the trick.

remember to repair permission & cache.