Cardbus/PCMCIA Controller ID 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12

solu

421 posts in this topic

what are you using to edit the plist??

you do realize it must be done with the xcode plist editor because the values in the plist are some wacky format and not just plain hex...

also make sure your looking at the whole lspci command because mine had about 3 pcmcia things in there....the bus controller, the card reader portion and firewire...all are marked with xx21 but only one is the actually pcmcia slot...

sorry for my english !

i edit with Property List Editor 2.1 (is good this ?)

i use 3 different version of linux live cd and i have 3 different result (this is a problem)

the command is lspci -v

i look for CardBus bridge (is the only with 2 MW and 2 I/O number)

nobody result work !!

which version of linux is good ?

property list editor is fine...just make sure you leave the spaces " " intact...it should be <0000000 0000000 > or like that...

i used ubuntu....pm me your whole lspci and i'll take a look and make sure your using the right one.

this is my ubuntu lspci :

0000:08:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments: Unknown device 8039

Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company: Unknown device 30a5

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 185

Memory at d0004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Bus: primary=08, secondary=09, subordinate=0c, sec-latency=176

Memory window 0: 50000000-51fff000 (prefetchable)

Memory window 1: 54000000-55fff000

I/O window 0: 00002400-000024ff

I/O window 1: 00002800-000028ff

16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

tank for your help

pincopanco:

I noticed your lspci isn't displaying te fullname of your cardbus

like it should be:

07:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

notice it has the model of the Texas Instruments Cardbus, the xx12

are you using lspci -v?

pincopanco:

I noticed your lspci isn't displaying te fullname of your cardbus

like it should be:

07:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

notice it has the model of the Texas Instruments Cardbus, the xx12

are you using lspci -v?

in window xp system information i look "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller"

in linux ubuntu yes i use lspci -v

So I guess obody got this working with 10.4.8 kernel sys, right? The error I now get is "IOPCCardBridge::getOFConfigurationSettings: failed to configure the machine". I had to replace both IOPCCardFamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext as before, otherwise the kernel panics.

Sys Profiler now say "Mac" instead of ADPI 2,1 but I left the entry ADPI 2,1 in place, dublicated it and renamed the duplicate to Mac, just to go sure nothing is missing.

Anybody has had success with this PCMCIA and 10.4.8? To me it seems the 10.4.8 kernel is addressing the ranges in a different way ..

Cheers,

Bugs.

Well guys good news concerning our PCMCIA slots with 10.4.8 kernel systems: I just booted my 10.4.8 kernel sys with all the old kexts from my working previous install, and look-a-there: at boot that beautiful message comes up again: IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: TI xx12 rev 00 :)

This mixed setup just does not boot all the way through to GUI (yet). I am sure I only have to replace one other kext, most likely something to do with ACPI.

Also VMWare now boots my native install much further and gets across that ACPI error message, another hint that some 10.4.8 ACPI kext is not fully compatible with my (and others) machine(s).

I'll report back soon once I have found the culprit :( !

Found the culprit, it is AppleACPIPlatform.kext: JaS 10.4.8 DVD contains v. 1.02, the version that recognizes my PCMCIA is AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.03. Don't know what happened there. Maybe Apple forgot the most recent AppleACPIPlatform.kext in its 10.4.8 cumulative update?

Anyway, you find AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.03 attached. However, I now get a kernel panic with Semthex' latest kernel from yesterday. Whoever has a 10.4.8 kernel sys installed please try the AppleACPIPlatform.kext attached and post if you also get a kernel panic.

I will now try other kernels (Mifki's Original, DeamonES etc.).

AppleACPIPlatform.kext_1.03.zip

Status: booted to GUI, PCMCIA working in 10.4.8 kernel system.

Drawbacks: the OS hangs

1) on shutdown

2) as soon as I connect a USB device

As soon a I have been able to fix that I will post the kexts I (ex)changed.

[edit] the culprit of it all seems to be AppleACPIButtons.kext within AppleACPIPlatform.kext .. just trying to solve that ..

[edit2] I'll have to continue this on Sunday, there is all sorts of kexts intertwined. As it looks like I have to create a new mashed AppleACPIPlatform.kext with Elements of both 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, all other paths with exchanging other ACPI related kexts seem to lead astray ..

hey, any of you TI xx12 guys here with a 10.4.8 kernel sys - or just me so far ??

No kidding? Well it would be great if you could zip/rar/stuff/compressed-dmg up (whatever you prefer) your entire Extension folder and upload it somewhere, I think everything below that would be rather awkward for getting this resolved here. That's provided you have a rather speedy enough upload bandwidth.

Which Notebook do you have, btw, with which controller? TI xx12?

Thanks,

Bugs

The 10.4.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext cannot work with hackint0sh PCMCIA slots because it's one of the kexts where Apple has removed ALL references to ADP2,1, both in the plists as well as in the binary drivers themselves. ADP (Apple Developer Platform) 2,1 is what Mac OS x86 detects our hardware as.

The older kexts cannot work either because they contain all sorts of dependencies to other kexts, and like said before that path leads totally astray.

I today tried to mash up a AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the 10.4.8 version and the previous version which still contains the references to ADP2,1. I even binary hacked the 10.4.8 to reinsert ADP2,1 support, but all of that either leads to the kext not being loaded or to the kernel crashing. No chance.

So whoever succeeded in getting this darn TI xx12 PCMCIA slot working with a 10.4.8 kernel sys, please be so kind and zip & post at least the following kexts:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

Thanks,

Bugs (getting frustrated .. :) )

Well in theory I have the solution: since IOPCCardFamily can NOT load via ACPI (since spoiled by Apple) it can only load WITHOUT ACPI. The error message "IOPCCardBridge::getOFConfigurationSettings: failed to configure the machine" means it has found the device, thus has correctly been able to address it with its correct device and vendor IDs but cannot get OFConfigurationSettings, which are either IO or memory ranges, or both. So prolly all I have to do is boot Linux WITHOUT ACPI, get the IO and memory ranges as usual and insert them into the plist.

I do not mind the PCMCIA slot loaded with ACPI specifications at all - it only means that it will prevent sleep from working properly, which does not work here right now anyway, so what the f*ck ..

hm, stuff for the weekend.

Hello, i've got TravelMate 3010 WTMI, so i think that i can help with testing/coding, but i need to find a 10.4.8 install dvd somewhere (i am registered on demons, but my campus network is totaly filtred, so no torrent traffic availble (i tryed to use the ToR onion proxy, but its very very very slow) right now i'm using 10.4.8 but from jas update so kernel is 8.4.1, if someone has got 10.4.8 and can give me acces via ftp, or wants to upload to my virtual account, i'll be glad and will help here.

BTW. my webcam is seen in profiler under usb devices

Camera:

Version: 1.00

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: OEM

Product ID: 0x0892

Vendor ID: 0x046d

BTW: only one attached kxt in this topic is useful, the rest is imposibble to decompress, i'll trye stuffit later

you can search the forum, there are tutorials how 2 upgrade an existing 10.4.x system .. :idea:

yes, but some people are saying that the best idea is clean install, cause a lots of files need to be changed, ill look for solution :)

btw. the kexts posted here i think site 3-5 are imposibble to decompress (IOPCIFamily-1.kext_1.8__10.4.4_.dmg.zip) the ones with dmg.zip

cheers

P.S. any ideas how to use the build in webcam?

They are not zip. The Boardsoft attached the .zip for some stupid reason. They are .dmg. Just delete the .zip.

I do not know about your webcam.

OMG :) i was thinking abot changing the filename to dmg :) but the prime thing is 8.8.1 install on my lappy :) btw should the PCCard controler show up in system profiler afther proper installing the kext ? or not and it just is not shown in profiler but working ? (just asking, cause I have no PCcard right now with me to put in and test it) :)

• 3 weeks later...

doesn't work says:

dmesg

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 00c09f000094f50b; max speed s400.

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/HTS541010G9SA00 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3

Edited by homer007