• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I'll start with my system specs

motherboard: p8z77v-lx

processor: intel i5 3570k sandy bridge

8 gigs of ram

gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560

OS: Mavericks 10.9.0 retail install (installed using myhack and #####)

Basically my problem is at first my gpu is running fine, when I open a few windows, it starts to work a bit more(and heat up), causing the fan to work more (which I suppose is normal but its a $250 card and when I had windows 7, it took a lot more than a few open windows/programs to get the card to start heating up). The real problem is, once I close programs and things I had open, even in idle, the card and fan of the card stays working (and heating up) and won't stop until I reboot. Also my computer randomly freezes causing my to reboot and am now wondering if this may be why. Anyone have any ideas? thanks.

Oh and also mavericks only boots if I type -f on startup, this only started happening a few days ago.

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,038 posts

Hello

That's what happens when you use the tony's tools ... Your system is badly configured ...

We DO NOT give support tonymac's tools, he is a thief who steals things from others and want to make money from it, and the people who develop these things don't charge for it ...

My advice: Re install the system with Myhack and make a post-installation manually ...

I can help you with the post-installation, but will have to forget the tony's tools

FALLOFMAN

FALLOFMAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I had no idea ##### was an exclusive tony tool, but I didn't pay for anything, but thanks for the heads up, I had no idea of the history of tonymac.

FALLOFMAN

FALLOFMAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Tonymacs forums suspended me for asking this question and nobody wants to help me here. So I'm basically {censored} out of luck?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

Yeah don't poke the hornet's nest.

Just reinstall without using their tools, or revert the changes made by using them.

Nobody here uses ib**t or Multib***t which means nobody can help you with issues caused by using them.

FALLOFMAN

FALLOFMAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

What would you reccomend using to install with myhack besides #####?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

Please understand that I can't possibly tell you because I don't know what issues you were trying to solve by running Voldemorts post install tools.

Install with MyHack (if you must) then post and tell us about what's not working.

For video card power management to work you need to carefully choose your model identifier and look into modifying AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. We have guides.

This is not something you can fix by running post-install "point, click-and-crash" tools.

There is currently a bug that affects Kepler cards in Mavericks causing them not to clock down when idle, but yours is not a Kepler card. But maybe your issue is related to that.

FALLOFMAN

FALLOFMAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Yeah I didn't expect the fix to be as easy as point and click, kinda figured id have to e modifying kexts. Whats the most stable installation method you would recommend? 

Thanks for al the help.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

I recommend the same method that everyone uses - use a working mac or hack (or even OS X in a virtual machine) to build an installer on a flash drive or a hard drive partition. Install a boot loader to it and add configuration and kernel extensions required for the installer to boot on your hardware. In a nutshell, that's what every single guide that you will find teaches you to do.

Minimum requirements: Fakesmc.kext.

Both my motherboards (Asus P5Q-E and my P8PZ77-V Pro) can boot into the installer and complete an installation with only fakesmc.kext and Chameleon. No magic required.

FALLOFMAN

FALLOFMAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thats what I did initially using my hack

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

All good then. Just be careful with automated post install tools. It's much better if you study and do things by hand, that way you know exactly what's happening.

I can only repeat what I've already said. I always feel strange repeating something I have just written, but here we go again (this time with an added bonus):

You must hand-modify AGPM.kext if you want to take a stab at fixing video card power management. There are guides here and elsewhere.

I still don't know what issues you were trying to fix using Voldemorts tools so either you tell me or register a new account over there and get help with them.

Use iMac13,1 model identifier in smbios.plist.

Take mine, remember to add a valid serial number. You can use Chameleon Wizard to generate it. Google to find examples of what the SMboardserial should look like for an iMac13,1.

Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   1.01KB   3 downloads

btw (re: your first post) the 3570k is Ivy Bridge, not Sandy.

FALLOFMAN

FALLOFMAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I only used that other guys tools to install some initial kexts when I first booted maverick, but once I started having the issues I wrote in this thread, I never touched that tool again and haven't tried fixing the problem. I read a few things here and there but I am very new at this so I thought i'd ask around. Thanks for the help, ill try out your method.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gpu, overheat, nvidia, mavericks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy