Gpu heating up

FALLOFMAN

30 posts in this topic

Not directly related to this discussion, but I'd like to point out that on my *real* iMac, Mavericks pushes the GPU (ATI Mobility Radeon 2600) up to 100 Celsius at idle. Had to install a fan control program to get it down to 80C at idle.From my reading, this seems to be a common problem.

Hello

Try make it:

Set your SMBios to MacBookPro 8,1

And edit the key IOPCIPrimaryMatch inside AppleIntelMEIDriver in kext AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Put these infos

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext -----------------> 0x1C3A8086

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext ---------------> 0x1E3A8086

Hello

Try make it:

Set your SMBios to MacBookPro 8,1

And edit the key IOPCIPrimaryMatch inside AppleIntelMEIDriver in kext AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Put these infos

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext -----------------> 0x1C3A8086

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext ---------------> 0x1E3A8086

I reinstalled again and completed all the process of fine tuning as before. This is the reason for delay.These infos already exist in IOPCIPrimaryMatch. All is well. no glitches or freeze so far. Heat also controlled. Only battery draining is my problem. Please explain anyways to extend battery life? :)

I should thank first of all for listening my problems and suggestions. I saw people instead of helping, give rude replies.   :angel:

I need one more help. Need correct settings for ALC665. Mic in Skype is horrible. Presently using VoodooHDA 2.8.6 version.

For the best battery life, make sure power management is working. Type this into the terminal

kextstat | grep AGPM
that will tell you if applegraphicspowermanagement is loaded. For CPU power management, make sure nullcpupowermanagement is NOT installed, and use ssdtprgen to create an ssdt for your CPU: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh battery life is usually pretty bad on hacks, but with proper power management you should be able to get it close to windows.