rasrita

rasrita

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

@rasrita T'est sur que tu boot UEFI?

Salut Wizard of Oz,

Oui, je suis en boot UEFI, voici un détail de ma config HDD, où tu peux remarquer que le Type de carte de partition est GPT, et non MBR

C'est une installation Windows 8.1 UEFI, donc j'utilise Clover BootLoader

490066SataAHCI.png

Clover UEFI

945786System.png

madhan15791

madhan15791

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

it gets stuck at 

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

or gets stuck saying 

hmm size mismatch 3100 vs 20 or something.

could you tell me from where you got the mavericks image?

Wizard_of_Oz

Wizard_of_Oz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@madhan15791 Delete the Bluetoth kexts and it will work fine.

mo.1

mo.1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hey, I have remake a new version of this guide...with some more details and more fixes...

I hope you like :)

http://www.insanelym...-on-a-xmg-c703/

madhan_2005

madhan_2005

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Finally got everything to work....only 1 problem...how do I add clover bootloader so that when I boot up, I get the clover.menu... I am able to boot only into windows without the clover USB.
I guess I would have to install clover to the efi partition on the ssd but I don't see a EDI partition from Mac...I am able tonsee it only in windows..
And also please tell me if anyone knows to how to remove the unnecessary boot drives from.clover.l boot menu. Right now it shows many options like my partitions along with mavericks and windowas.I want it to show only windows or mavericks when booting up. In short how do I edit the boot options or settings of the clover bootoader.
And also please tell me if anyone knows to how to remove the unnecessary boot drives from.clover.l boot menu. Right now it shows many options like my partitions along with mavericks and windowas.I want it to show only windows or mavericks when booting up. In short how do I edit the boot options or settings of the clover bootoader.

Wizard_of_Oz

Wizard_of_Oz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

PLEASE HELP!!! My speakers doesn't work even though I used the method above. Sound output does work but only in Headphones.

rogergamer

rogergamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I am planning on getting the stealth pro with the 870m (not expecting the gfx to work) but I am not quite sure how to setup the super raid..... help?

linuxgirl

linuxgirl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey everyone!  Thanks for all the responses and I am glad that many of you have a working installation!  I hope mo.1's additions make it even better.  As you can tell from my name, I don't use the mac install much so apologies for slow responses to questions :)

A number of people messaged me about using this for everyday use - well, it works fine when I need it (usually for fixing other people's macs so basic disk utilities, etc) and occasionally I need to use/test a mac-only program.  I have never have problems except for glitchy trackpad.  As for your principal laptop, I dunno if it is worth have such an amazing laptop but not fully getting all the hardware advantages (video card).  For me, I like the extra geek cred for having a triple-boot and because I need basic things from a mac install to fix other people's macs and harddrives sometimes.  Otherwise it's linux (mint) all the way for me.

Continue to enjoy the tutorial.  In a month or so I am going to fiddle around some more and see if I can't get more hardware working based on the suggestions here and some config tweaks, will update the guide then.  If you installed additional kexts or did some config mods that helped get things working better, please post them here so I can include them.

xo, lg

jamesst20

jamesst20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Hi,

I got mine working aswell.

What I have done is installed Niresh and Clover UEFI (Yes UEFI!) and changed a few things in clover in order to get my Intel HD 4600 Working. I have successfully made my wireless working with a kext I have found on google.

However, I am stuck with the audio because I couldn't figure out where was the kext. The redirection to google is not very clear.

Edit : VoodooHDA 0.8.4 did it.

Any chance to get internal microphone?

Thanks

jamesst20

jamesst20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

By the way, the Ethernet Killer E2200 works flawlessly : http://www.tonymacx8...ller-e2200.html

pciavald

pciavald

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, 

I went through the installation process twice, and I just can't dance because Mac OS does not load from the SSD after being installed.

in verbose mode the loading stops at some point, not always the same depending on the flags and plugged devices, then waits for 2-3min and then shows

Resetting IOCatalog
I've tried to move away the intel graphics related extensions and booting with these flags :
-v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 -cpus=1

but nothing seems to make me pass this point...

I also deleted bluetooth kexts and didn't include Elan kexts just in case it would be the problem

Can anyone help me ?

PS: I tried jamesst20's method with Niresh + Clover but i couldn't boot from the key, just a black screen with cursor blinking.

jamice4u

jamice4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 14 posts

Thanks for the guide!!! I followed this guide and some others and now my system is working great. How to get the camera working?

jamice4u

jamice4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 14 posts

Okay I got the camera working and the audio ports working but how do you get the sd card port working?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mavericks, GS70, Haswell, MSI, install, howto, nvidia, laptop, linux, clover

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy