Mavericks Vanilla Installation doesn't find my drive

Toucanet

41 posts in this topic

I have put the IOATAFAMILY.KEXT in my Hard Disk with OS X Mavericks ALREADY installed (I have removed my disk from computer, put it in a USB Dock, boot my computer from the USB with mavericks installation, then terminal, copy the kext from another USB pendrive to the disk).

But no progresses. The disk Connected via USB 2 it boots correctly, with Maveriks working perfect. Connected via SATA the problem "still waiting for root device" persist.

Any idea?

Thank you very much! You are really Kind.

you do the same likewise IOATAFAMILY.KEXT

add boot flag at chameleon

-f

okay. Is ok if I try connecting the disk to the computer via esata without plug the disk inside the computer so as I can easily skip to USB in case this still won't work (now I have the disk in a dock with both esata and usb2 port)?

So I need Appleahciport and not Ahciportinjector, right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

my problem is that I reach to the installation but no hard drives in disk utility. :( Only the flash drive which is named installer is listed there. I can't obviously install in that one. And I don't have AHCI option available in the BIOS. Does that mean no hackintosh for me? Is this the end of it? Or there's some solution for mobo's with no AHCI support? mine is gam68mt-s2p rev 3.1.  I'll see about the video card later... plz help me with this... It's not necessary that I do have to install Mavericks... If I could get any of the older versions running that would be great...