34 replies to this topic

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hi everyone!
I have a old Dell XPS 410, I was run 10.7.5 and with many attempt to run 10.8. I got great news as it works in 10.8.3 for me, I learn form many sources I will give credit to the place I learn.
let begin.
To be continue from
Dell XPS 410 Resource Extravaganza

http://www.insanelym.../page__st__1320

my hardware specific
you need to downgrade bios to 1.3
Cpu core2duo 6300 1.8 ghz
Ram 3 Gb : 2x1GB, 2x512 Mb
Graphic card Nvidia PNY 9800 gtx+
hard drive 1TB.
you need MountainLion app fromt he app store 10.8 or 10.8.3
first you create an usb installer like 8 GB at least and follow this guide credit to Still Win Fan
http://www.insanelym...thout-usbvideo/

the same for mountain lion. when you done the usb installer.

then you install extra folder to that usb installer from myhack from Conti

http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

we need to prepare some thing like this for it to able to boot into 10.8 install srceen is put on PciRoot=4 because this guide credit go to oldnapalm

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=28&t=154

used text edit to edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist for the PciRoot=4

used chameleon wizard to create a SMBios and place it in extra folder.

for the ATA drive to be recognize need kext IOATAFamily.kext from

http://www.osx86.net...?do=file&id=319

run myfix from myhack.

it is ready to install now.

after install success get to desktop then run combo update to 10.8.3 the the rest for you to enjoy you hack

I have it running Maverick, this time I found a easy way to tunning to a workable machine,   this time I have the graphics to nvidia GT 610 which have a audio over HDMI with voodoo HDA 2.8.2

i have attack the extra filer from my machine, when you created usb installer, I recommend MyHack, then use my hack to install this extra folder to USB installer, this way will help your tune the machine easy. follow the installation to the end, it may not be finish but it is ok.  boot up with the usb installer again, don't install, go to utility and then Myhack, then install extra folder from download, done and reboot and enjoy the machine. 

Attached Files

Dr Phred

Dr Phred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
What's the reason for the bios downgrade?

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
downgrade bios, because when I have bios version 2.5.3 maybe, I could not get the machine run osx until I downgrade to 1.3 then I could run osx on this.
correct me if I am wrong to this.

Dr Phred

Dr Phred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
any tricks to booting off the usb stick? choosing USB from F12 does nothing. THe XPS just hangs til i reboot.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

you can put the kext

GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0

http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3745

in Extra/Extentions then run my fix/myhack then it will be ready.

in your usb installer

discussion in

http://www.insanelym...-x-with-source/

and let see.

Dr Phred

Dr Phred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
didn't make any difference. the symptom is that when i choose USB from the F12 the screen freezes on that same screen and nothing else happens. looking at the flash drive, there is no disk access light.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
how you make the usb?
second can you post the picture
-v
boot when chameleon load, It would help to determine what is going on

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Hi, does anyone know the link to the bios downgrade... I cant find it anywhere

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

this is the downgrade bios link

http://www.dell.com/...riverId=R132620

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I am using u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t where should I put the Ioatafamily.kext on the installer flash drive? Also once I put it on a flash drive wherever it needs to go do I need to repair permissions on the flash drive or can i just boot it up ?

For all those who don't yet know our position about tonymac, and your ##### software, your Forun, Tolls, links, thank you for reading  http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/   

p.s : pls read the forum rules  !!! 

InsanelyMac doesn't support tonymac's tools.   

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Attempted 10.8 with my hack. I also put in the Generic Extra Folder and the IOATAFAMILY.Kext. For some reason when ever I add the IOATAFAMILY.Kext there is a Kernel Panic. When I try MYHACK without the IOATAFAMILY.KEXT it does not boot, it hangs on Bluetooth. When I boot with u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t it boots but there are no drives shown. And when I add the IOATAFAMILY.Kext to u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t it kernel panics. What do I do?

Attempted 10.8 with my hack. I also put in the Generic Extra Folder and the IOATAFAMILY.Kext. For some reason when ever I add the IOATAFAMILY.Kext there is a Kernel Panic. When I try MYHACK without the IOATAFAMILY.KEXT it does not boot, it hangs on Bluetooth. When I boot with u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t it boots but there are no drives shown. And when I add the IOATAFAMILY.Kext to u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t it kernel panics. What do I do?

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

boot with -f -v -x

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

boot with -f -v -x

And should I boot with or without the IOATAFAMILY.kext? Also what does the -f flag do? just wondering?

And should I use myhack or u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t.?

Sorry but I have one more question..... should I install the generic extra folder from my hack and if yes should I put the IOATAFAMILY.kext in s/l/e or /extra/extensions?

Thanks for helping me by the way! :)

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Ok, I tried booting with -x -v -f and without the IOATAFAMILY.Kext and it booted with no drives shown. I tried booting with -x -v -f and with the IOATAFAMILY.Kext and it kernel panicked. Also when I go into my bios for a second it said that my drive is controlled by the rain bios and that another bios (could not read because it disappeared so quickly) is not installed. So could it be that my drive is raid signed? It is the one that came with the pc from dell. Also could the problem be that I upgraded my CPU from a dual core to a quad core? Or could it be that I upgraded my PC from 2 GB's of ram to 6GB's of ram? I only think so because in the Kernel panic is said CPU(s) 4 and I was wondering if that had anything to do with the KP or if it was just listing my cpu specs

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Just checked and when I first boot my bios the screen says that my hdd is controlled by the raid bios. Then a few lines down it says ahci bios is not installed. What does this mean? I'm really determined to get sox working on this pc

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

you need downgrade the bios version with the link above first.

you need to turn the raid setting in bios OFF.

with my hack generic Extra folder, you would need to add IOATAFamilly.kext, and AppleAHCIport.kext and you need to run myfix in myhack.app to put those kext together.

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

you need downgrade the bios version with the link above first.
you need to turn the raid setting in bios OFF.
with my hack generic Extra folder, you would need to add IOATAFamilly.kext, and AppleAHCIport.kext and you need to run myfix in myhack.app to put those kext together.

I will try that as soon as I get home. I already down graded the BIOS. Did the my hack. Added the extra folder and added the ioatafamily.kext. I just forgot the appleahciport.kext so I will add that. Thanks

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Could you provide a like to the correct appleahciport.kext? I found a few and I'm not sure which one to use.

Also what do I have to do with the SMBIOS? 

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Did the directions step by step. I did everything that it said and I still get a Kernel Panic On IOATAFAMILY.Kext. I am not sure if I used the right appleahciport.kext because I could not find one that had not been modified. I ran myhack, installed generic extra folder, and booted with PciRoot=4. I have my bios set to Raid Autodetect / ATA. When I set it to raid the installer hangs on Bluetooth. I was not sure what to do with chameleon wizard so I skipped that part. What can I do? There are a lot of people on this fourm who have succeeded with this exact same pc so I can't understand why mine wont work :(

I saw that you said to set raid setting to off. I do not see an option to do that, did you mean to set it to the setting that I did (Raid Autodetect/ ATA)?

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Does anyone have anymore suggestions? I am doing everything correctly yet it still can not boot. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XPS 410, Dimension 9200, 10.8, mountain lion, vanilla, update work 10.8.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy