AMD APU mountain lion support

312 posts in this topic

Yeah, just the ability to boot, and Microsoft is stupid, they do not have a guide to solve the problem, you have to do it manually, but reinstalling is another option, I would avoid it and use the guide in the link I posted in my last post

DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DRIVE, Windows and all your documents are still there, we just have to get you to be able to boot into it, by installing mountain lion the installation played with the mbr, making your Windows partition unbootable.

First we need to get you to copy your mach_kernel from the installation disk to the MAC OS X ML partition

theconnactic,

can you please help pmmc with a simple guide to use the terminal to delete the current mach_kernel on his hard drive and copy the one from his installation disk? I would do it but I have to read a bit.

Now to recover windows.. how ? ** (WIndows is back..and RECOVERY is still there UFF ** stupid disk utilities from mac xD WOWO :P

So you have to consider advanced hacks to make your graphics work properly. Ask help in the Graphics forum/ATI. Be sure to inform the exact model of your card, including the device ID (for an example, my HD5450 has the ID 0x68F91002)

P.S.: Ask here: http://www.insanelym.../forum/174-ati/

Just a tip: if you have Crossfire enabled on the BIOS, disable it. Crossfire doesn't and will never work under OSX.

I dont..the BIOS is Poor.. :(

I am able to run OS X SL on my a6-3410mx but the instruction sets I have differ from yours as you have ssse3 and sse4.1/4.2, my apu does not have that...

Here is a photo of it running, sorry for the photo, it will not let me take screenshots as I do not have the right graphics drivers...

I use chameleon, my bootflags are arch=i386 busratio=10 PCIRootUID=1...

post-1122366-0-47955100-1364941003_thumb.jpg

Hi clemj06, what kernel are you using with that A6-3410MX? I'd like to add it to the wiki page.

Still a bit lonnngg way :P

EDIT: Graphics work..but.. 4 MB..that means kexts werent loaded? :/ I got two HD 7XXX ..Id like to use the second one..it has more RAm :P

To do list:

Wireless:Not done. (Atheros AR9485 , trouble awaits me from what I've been reading? :S)

Bluetooth: OOB.

Sound: not done.

Etc...

EDIT: will try to finish in a few hours..Now SLEEP :D **

Which kernel and kernel flags are you using? Sinetek's mach_sse42_only or AnV's amd_kernel?

Thank you both for the testing!

Hi clemj06, what kernel are you using with that A6-3410MX? I'd like to add it to the wiki page.

Which kernel and kernel flags are you using? Sinetek's mach_sse42_only or AnV's amd_kernel?

For MAC OS X SL I am using legacy kernel-10.6.8.v2, with flags: arch=i386 busratio=10 PCIRootUID=1

For MAC OS X Lion I have to check later, I am currently in college so a bit busy to reboot into OS X to check the file I use, will edit this post later

Edited by clemj06

AnV's amd_kernel, it works 100 per cent well ;b with flag: -nossse3bit

ANV's amd_kernel gives me an instant reboot...

With Clover? you have to rename it to mach_kernel! ALSO: use -nossse3bit -nosse42bit -v etc...

EDIT: When I used the Windows DVD it restored everything back to when I didnt have a partition for mac :o gonna partition my external HDD to make it have the Recovery part there :P and then FULL Format on the laptop :P

EDIT2: im screwed with the wireless..the thing is i got an hp that has another wireless that works but doesnt have bluetooth..the thing is if i switch them will it still have bluetooth?.. or is it atached to the wireless?

System Info:

2013_04_03_15_51_41.jpg

Edited by pmmc

what version of clover did you use?

The latest one mate ;b ..Now im trying to install Windows in UEFI mode.. :D

@pmmc From my knowlege (dell latitude laptops) the wireles card comes bundled wit ha little bluetooth receiver ,u cant use the bluetooth without a card that support that little adaptor .

It`s internal ,i can provide pictures of it if ur interested

@pmmc From my knowlege (dell latitude laptops) the wireles card comes bundled wit ha little bluetooth receiver ,u cant use the bluetooth without a card that support that little adaptor .

It`s internal ,i can provide pictures of it if ur interested

Im focused on the other stuff to do..cant even get sound.. :s but Clover is new for me..USB 3.0 ports aint working..

usb 3.0 kext, not sure if it will work with your laptop but try it. -f

Your back :) I am considering rebranding my atheros wireless.. I cant even get the ethernet working.. :/

EDIT: AND I can only boot clover with UEFI.. :( this way it will give me a big pain in the ass to put windows booting with UEFI..and ALSO I installed Clover on my HDD and it doesnt boot into clover :s (UEFI only method that works with the usb pen) will try now those kext

By ethernet you mean LAN right? Lemme look around and get back to you... I do not know how to rebrand

I cant get to work wireless.. (Atheros AR9485) and Ethernet..

By ethernet you mean LAN right? Lemme look around and get back to you... I do not know how to rebrand

http://www.osx86.net...er_amp;_...html Try that for audio

wont be the first time I try voodooHDA :/ but Ill try again.

EDIT: USB 3.0 did not work :/ ..audio im still trying to install

Do you know what your ethernet chip is? Could it be a realtek RTL81XX?

I am surprised that the voodoohda 2.8.2 did not work before because I use it in SL and I have the same audio device as you and I just assumed it would work in ML because it has ML support.

post-1122366-0-19464100-1365038076_thumb.gif

Sorry, gave you the wrong kext for the usb, it is for my desktop, device 1033:0194, will look for one for your device :)

Edited by clemj06

Do you know what your ethernet chip is? Could it be a realtek RTL81XX?

I am surprised that the voodoohda 2.8.2 did not work before because I use it in SL and I have the same audio device as you and I just assumed it would work in ML because it has ML support.

post-1122366-0-19464100-1365038076_thumb.gif

I dont know..and I dont have windows installed :( made a full erase :P and I dont know Why it isnt being able to boot without the usb clover pen..I made a 1 Gb parition Fat 32.. but I couldnt modify it inside the mac..dont know why.. :/

EDIT: Tomorow Ill remove the laptops HDD ..connect it to this pc..then create a bootable Clover UEFI partition on that 1 Gb one..as the current installation wont allow me to do so..and for today..I cant struggle more.. :P SLEEPPP :) must sleep

EDIT2: Audio didnt work..even tried a voodoobattery, and didnt work too..Tomorow will fight again :P if you find a kext for USB 3.0 that is awesome :P and..IF Graphics work and everything else except wireless..Ill rebrand the Atheros..but until then..big fight..Especially in making the OS bootable without Usb pen.--

Edited by pmmc

I dont know..and I dont have windows installed :( made a full erase :P and I dont know Why it isnt being able to boot without the usb clover pen..I made a 1 Gb parition Fat 32.. but I couldnt modify it inside the mac..dont know why.. :/

EDIT: Tomorow Ill remove the laptops HDD ..connect it to this pc..then create a bootable Clover UEFI partition on that 1 Gb one..as the current installation wont allow me to do so..and for today..I cant struggle more.. :P SLEEPPP :) must sleep

EDIT2: Audio didnt work..even tried a voodoobattery, and didnt work too..Tomorow will fight again :P if you find a kext for USB 3.0 that is awesome :P and..IF Graphics work and everything else except wireless..Ill rebrand the Atheros..but until then..big fight..Especially in making the OS bootable without Usb pen.--

Try this for your ethernet

RealtekRTL81xx.kext.zip

Try this for your ethernet

Trying now and then ill turn this off..btw..made a test on cinebench..weak cpu hehe :P it got 1.00 pts xD

EDIT: I gotta manage to make Clover boot with legacy..or try another bootloader..cuz I aint having success on any kext.. :( Bloody hell..

EDIT2: That kext is a no go too

EDIT3: Made clover uefi bootable without the usb pen drive :P and still got no sound and etc.. WORKs: Kernel, Clover boot without usb, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, PS2 and nothing else until now I guess..

EDIT4: Should I try another kernel? maybe this AnV's is not allowing the voodooHDA to work? :/ (I dont understand kernels.. :x , I tried a Distro Iatkos_ML2 and It gave me kp with the voodooHDA couldnt even reach the installation.. , and this one isnt even loading it :( )

EDIT5: I GOT EXCELENT NEWS :D See for yourself: :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skhir8v1nzaaehq/2013-04-04%2015.01.09.jpg

Sound, Battery recognition, just ethernet to go.. oh and Graphics (Still have to manage how to make that Graphic card as primary..but it got recognized :P )

Edited by pmmc

Trying now and then ill turn this off..btw..made a test on cinebench..weak cpu hehe :P it got 1.00 pts xD

EDIT: I gotta manage to make Clover boot with legacy..or try another bootloader..cuz I aint having success on any kext.. :( Bloody hell..

EDIT2: That kext is a no go too

EDIT3: Made clover uefi bootable without the usb pen drive :P and still got no sound and etc.. WORKs: Kernel, Clover boot without usb, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, PS2 and nothing else until now I guess..

EDIT4: Should I try another kernel? maybe this AnV's is not allowing the voodooHDA to work? :/ (I dont understand kernels.. :x , I tried a Distro Iatkos_ML2 and It gave me kp with the voodooHDA couldnt even reach the installation.. , and this one isnt even loading it :( )

EDIT5: I GOT EXCELENT NEWS :D See for yourself: :P

https://www.dropbox....04 15.01.09.jpg

Sound, Battery recognition, just ethernet to go.. oh and Graphics (Still have to manage how to make that Graphic card as primary..but it got recognized :P )

That is good news, are the graphics working properly?

Let me see your device list in OS X, here is a link for system info, it should show more devices in OS X:

http://olarila.com/kexts/SystemInfo.zip

Edited by clemj06

That is good news, are the graphics working properly?

Let me see your device list in OS X, here is a link for system info, it should show more devices in OS X:

http://olarila.com/k.../SystemInfo.zip

Still dont have internet connection on it :P (It will ask to update :/

EDIT: And only got the non onboard Graphics card rolling..so..not good :/

EDIT2: Made System Info Work,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vhx3tnlf8i2700/2013-04-04%2018.15.00.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skl7wy8kubrqs10/2013-04-04%2018.15.11.jpg?m

my first post, just got a windows 8 laptop which has an AMD A6-4400M cpu so really pleased to see the progress in this thread. Looking forward to your tutorial on how to get this up and running. not quite sure I understand all this Clover stuff yet as I have only ever used OS X on my MBP so doing some reading atm - but if there is any good tutorial available I would be grateful.

my first post, just got a windows 8 laptop which has an AMD A6-4400M cpu so really pleased to see the progress in this thread. Looking forward to your tutorial on how to get this up and running. not quite sure I understand all this Clover stuff yet as I have only ever used OS X on my MBP so doing some reading atm - but if there is any good tutorial available I would be grateful.

Ill make it as soon as I get the system 100 per cent running (excluding or including the atheros)

Ill make it as soon as I get the system 100 per cent running (excluding or including the atheros)

Thanks. I've spent hours reading up on Clover and tried many many times, but I cannot get clover to even boot to the clover menu. I enabled the syslog function inthe refit2 config file and have a log of what happens, but it stops at :

1:731 0:003 CPU: 2700 MHz

1:734 0:003 TSC: 2700 MHz

1:737 0:003 PIS: 400 MHz

1:740 0:003 PCI (00|00:00.00) : 1022 1410 class=060000

1:743 0:003 PCI (00|00:01.00) : 1002 9990 class=030000

I've tried 2 usb sticks, I even tried to boot uefi ubuntu and that works, so I'm now at a loss to why I can't even get clover to boot.

Would it be possible for you to upload your config.plist file for me to compare with please? I maybe missing a setting or 2 that helps.

Thanks. I've spent hours reading up on Clover and tried many many times, but I cannot get clover to even boot to the clover menu. I enabled the syslog function inthe refit2 config file and have a log of what happens, but it stops at :

1:731 0:003 CPU: 2700 MHz

1:734 0:003 TSC: 2700 MHz

1:737 0:003 PIS: 400 MHz

1:740 0:003 PCI (00|00:00.00) : 1022 1410 class=060000

1:743 0:003 PCI (00|00:01.00) : 1002 9990 class=030000

I've tried 2 usb sticks, I even tried to boot uefi ubuntu and that works, so I'm now at a loss to why I can't even get clover to boot.

Would it be possible for you to upload your config.plist file for me to compare with please? I maybe missing a setting or 2 that helps.

IF it is a laptop same as mine, you have to disable safe boot in uefi mode..so it works ;b (and choose the option UEFI initialization while instaling it to the usb pen drive)

Good Luck buddy ;)

It's not the same laptop but its the same cpu and gpu. Safe boot is disabled and set to UEFI mode - My windows 8 install is an EFI one but even if I enabled UEFI + Legacy I can boot from windows 7 DVD so I m certain it's not the EFI config thats the problem.

Clover _is_ being booted, but it is stalling at the PCI inspection stage. I have been doing some further digging around it seems clover might be hanging/crashing when trying to access the GPU. Do you have any kexts installed on the clover boot stick? I'm trying to figure out what I have missed.