APU AMD Pavilion

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

alright then..but I have to put the mach_kernel on the partition? how will I do that? can I do it inside the Instalation?

Boot the installer in single user mode (type -s and the other flags you were already using!).

Then, when prompted, type this: mount -uw / and hit enter. Then type cp /mach_kernel /dev/disk1/mach_kernel and hit enter.

Then reboot, still using your USB, but this time select your HDD: type the correct boot flags, and it should work.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Gaming, Mechanical Engineering and so on :P

Boot the installer in single user mode (type -s and the other flags you were already using!).

Then, when prompted, type this: mount -uw / and hit enter. Then type cp /mach_kernel /dev/disk1/mach_kernel and hit enter.

Then reboot, still using your USB, but this time select your HDD: type the correct boot flags, and it should work.

Im already at the Terminal of the installation..Still works right? :P

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Works fine :D

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Works fine :D

Done :P ..and rebooted..maybe did not work as you said..going on -s now.. maybe the disk isnt the same? ...how can I list disk?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Keep using the terminal of the installer, since you can, and type diskutil list. Perhaps it's the wrong disk, i was guessing when i said disk1 :P

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Keep using the terminal of the installer, since you can, and type diskutil list. Perhaps it's the wrong disk, i was guessing when i said disk1 :P

so..help me out bro :P USB installer is in disk1 partition 1 , and Mac OSX installed is on disk0 partition 3 :P

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
cp /mach_kernel /dev/disk0s3/mach_kernel

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

cp /mach_kernel /dev/disk0s3/mach_kernel

no such file or directory ? ;s

EDIT: Found Why..it says 3: (but then.. disk0s5 :P ) and now it meantions it is not a directory :/

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
try that way:

cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/name\ of\ your\ HDD

I.e.: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/Hackintosh

I.e.2: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/My\ HDD
(you have to use "\ ", without the quotes, when the name has more than one word. You were a good boy and named your HDD with a single work, right? That makes things rather easy)

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

try that way:

cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/name\ of\ your\ HDD

I.e.: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/Hackintosh

I.e.2: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/My\ HDD
(you have to use "\ ", without the quotes, when the name has more than one word. You were a good boy and named your HDD with a single work, right? That makes things rather easy)

WORKED :D WOW :P and I did named it with a lotttt of words muahah :P nailded it at first try on the name buddy :P

EDIT: It booted..fixed the HDD..and now..was stuck at macx_swaponf SUCCESS for a few seconds..BUT ...BUT THERE I HAVE IT :P I see the mouse... :P it spins xP and DONE :D (I know you dont allow bad words...but...MOTHAFUKAAAAAAA (HANK MOODY STYLE :P Heres a pic:

https://www.dropbox....03 04.55.33.jpg

Edited by pmmc, 03 April 2013 - 03:57 AM.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Congrats! When everything is set up, don't forget to post here: http://www.insanelym...ds/page__st__40

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Congrats! When everything is set up, don't forget to post here: http://www.insanelym...ds/page__st__40

Still a bit lonnngg way :P

EDIT: Graphics work..but.. 4 MB..that means kexts werent loaded? :/ I got two HD 7XXX ..Id like to use the second one..it has more RAm :P

To do list:
Wireless:Not done. (Atheros AR9485 , trouble awaits me from what I've been reading? :S)
Bluetooth: OOB.
Sound: not done.
Etc...

EDIT: will try to finish in a few hours..Now SLEEP :D **

Edited by pmmc, 03 April 2013 - 05:14 AM.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Graphics work..but.. 4 MB..that means kexts werent loaded? :/ I got two HD 7XXX ..Id like to use the second one..it has more RAm :P

That means you have no QE/CI. HD 7xxx needs at least 10.8.3. back up the mach_kernel in the Desktop and download (google is your friend) the Combo update 10.8.3. After the update finishes, but before reboot, put your custom mach_kernel back where it was and reboot. Cross fingers, because HD 7xxx are very tricky to get working.

All the best!

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

That means you have no QE/CI. HD 7xxx needs at least 10.8.3. back up the mach_kernel in the Desktop and download (google is your friend) the Combo update 10.8.3. After the update finishes, but before reboot, put your custom mach_kernel back where it was and reboot. Cross fingers, because HD 7xxx are very tricky to get working.

All the best!

Im at 10.8.3 :o https://www.dropbox....03 05.04.12.jpg https://www.dropbox....03 05.15.11.jpg In Fact it detects them both...but now what? :o

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
So you have to consider advanced hacks to make your graphics work properly. Ask help in the Graphics forum/ATI. Be sure to inform the exact model of your card, including the device ID (for an example, my HD5450 has the ID 0x68F91002)

P.S.: Ask here: http://www.insanelym.../forum/174-ati/

Just a tip: if you have Crossfire enabled on the BIOS, disable it. Crossfire doesn't and will never work under OSX.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Yeah, just the ability to boot, and Microsoft is stupid, they do not have a guide to solve the problem, you have to do it manually, but reinstalling is another option, I would avoid it and use the guide in the link I posted in my last post

DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DRIVE, Windows and all your documents are still there, we just have to get you to be able to boot into it, by installing mountain lion the installation played with the mbr, making your Windows partition unbootable.
First we need to get you to copy your mach_kernel from the installation disk to the MAC OS X ML partition

theconnactic,
can you please help pmmc with a simple guide to use the terminal to delete the current mach_kernel on his hard drive and copy the one from his installation disk? I would do it but I have to read a bit.

Now to recover windows.. how ? ** (WIndows is back..and RECOVERY is still there UFF ** stupid disk utilities from mac xD WOWO :P

So you have to consider advanced hacks to make your graphics work properly. Ask help in the Graphics forum/ATI. Be sure to inform the exact model of your card, including the device ID (for an example, my HD5450 has the ID 0x68F91002)

P.S.: Ask here: http://www.insanelym.../forum/174-ati/

Just a tip: if you have Crossfire enabled on the BIOS, disable it. Crossfire doesn't and will never work under OSX.

I dont..the BIOS is Poor.. :(

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I am able to run OS X SL on my a6-3410mx but the instruction sets I have differ from yours as you have ssse3 and sse4.1/4.2, my apu does not have that...
Here is a photo of it running, sorry for the photo, it will not let me take screenshots as I do not have the right graphics drivers...

I use chameleon, my bootflags are arch=i386 busratio=10 PCIRootUID=1...

Hi clemj06, what kernel are you using with that A6-3410MX? I'd like to add it to the wiki page.

Still a bit lonnngg way :P

EDIT: Graphics work..but.. 4 MB..that means kexts werent loaded? :/ I got two HD 7XXX ..Id like to use the second one..it has more RAm :P

To do list:
Wireless:Not done. (Atheros AR9485 , trouble awaits me from what I've been reading? :S)
Bluetooth: OOB.
Sound: not done.
Etc...

EDIT: will try to finish in a few hours..Now SLEEP :D **

Which kernel and kernel flags are you using? Sinetek's mach_sse42_only or AnV's amd_kernel?

Thank you both for the testing!

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, System building

Hi clemj06, what kernel are you using with that A6-3410MX? I'd like to add it to the wiki page.

Which kernel and kernel flags are you using? Sinetek's mach_sse42_only or AnV's amd_kernel?

For MAC OS X SL I am using legacy kernel-10.6.8.v2, with flags: arch=i386 busratio=10 PCIRootUID=1
For MAC OS X Lion I have to check later, I am currently in college so a bit busy to reboot into OS X to check the file I use, will edit this post later

Edited by clemj06, 03 April 2013 - 11:01 AM.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

AnV's amd_kernel, it works 100 per cent well ;b with flag: -nossse3bit

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, System building

AnV's amd_kernel, it works 100 per cent well ;b with flag: -nossse3bit

ANV's amd_kernel gives me an instant reboot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy