AMD APU mountain lion support

312 posts in this topic

Congrats!

Now that you made it with our help, could you be nice enought to write a guide for your fellow APU users and post here on the topic? That way, you could also be the first to teach others to install Mountain Lion on an AMD APU machine. :D

All the best!

I have an APU but it does not seem to work, mine is an a6-3410mx, it does not have ssse3 and sse4.1/4.2 like pmmc's does

Congrats!

Now that you made it with our help, could you be nice enought to write a guide for your fellow APU users and post here on the topic? That way, you could also be the first to teach others to install Mountain Lion on an AMD APU machine. :D

All the best!

Once I get it up and running it would be my Honor :P 4 minutes ** cant wait..Im Stoned I wanna sleep xD I can hear Thunders..Its rainning high as "{censored}" :P

I have an APU but it does not seem to work, mine is an a6-3410mx, it does not have ssse3 and sse4.1/4.2 like pmmc's does

Maybe yours works..but only with sse3? (Try sinetek's kernel "mach_sse3_only") ?

Oh and USE CLOVER TO BOOT :P Its the biggest part of the puzzle to work ;b

I have no Idea dude :P it is already installing ** I have Clover..so that my CPU works :P I putted in EFI/Kexts/10.8 ,the PS2 ones that u had given to me :P and until now..100 per cent responsive ;D first bloody APU laptop to HAVE Mountain Lion being Instaled :D hehe :P and PROBABLY reaching the desktop :P hihi

EDIT: And I thought this laptop was impossible..I KNEW THERE WAS A WAY :P HAHA :D btw: will it install the mach_kernel I have currently? If so..AWESOMMEEEE :P

EDIT2: 7 Minutes to go..History being made here :P hehe

EDIT3: I might be using a USB3 xD Its the one I use for Data transfer to my External HDD that has 3.0 :P and the transfer rates are fast :P more than usual hehe

You might need to install the USB 3.0 ports, I am not sure for mountain lion but for Lion and SL you have to...

You need to copy the mach_kernel you used into the root of your new installation...

Once I get it up and running it would be my Honor :P 4 minutes ** cant wait..Im Stoned I wanna sleep xD I can hear Thunders..Its rainning high as "{censored}" :P

Maybe yours works..but only with sse3?

Oh and USE CLOVER TO BOOT :P Its the biggest part of the puzzle to work ;b

post-1122366-0-65411400-1364958373_thumb.gif

It could work, because the amd_kernel of the first page of Mountain Lion Kernel Testing topic has a built-in opcode emulator which provides all the modern simd instructions. Depending on the GPU, though, graphics might as well be buggy. I think you should try for the sake of testing it. :)

All the best!

ALright..I lost windows :( and Recovery.. can I UNDO this? :( ..and..also..there was an error at the end of the installation HELP :'(

Lemme g

ALright..I lost windows :( and Recovery.. can I UNDO this? :( ..and..also..there was an error at the end of the installation HELP :'(

Try this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasetup/thread/29a3ccc5-636e-421e-8b19-8253c4d79243

It could work, because the amd_kernel of the first page of Mountain Lion Kernel Testing topic has a built-in opcode emulator which provides all the modern simd instructions. Depending on the GPU, though, graphics might as well be buggy. I think you should try for the sake of testing it. :)

All the best!

Will give it a try when I get the chance, I have a bit of reading to right now, maybe later in the day. I have run SL and Lion before

Try this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasetup/thread/29a3ccc5-636e-421e-8b19-8253c4d79243

Nevermind the error: try to boot! Most of these error messages are fake.

About Windows and recovery, they're gone: you'll have to reinstall Windows, and the recovery partition is really lost forever.

alright then..but I have to put the mach_kernel on the partition? how will I do that? can I do it inside the Instalation? ..And that means I lost my stuff on Windows..Holly {censored} :/

EDIT: NO i didnt WIPE them.. I formatted the one for moutain lion and at the end.. RECOVERY and WINDOWS United.-- (wtf? ) all of nowhere..oh well..

Oh, he just lost the ability to boot Windows then? I thought he meant he wiped the partitions out :P

Yeah, just the ability to boot, and Microsoft is stupid, they do not have a guide to solve the problem, you have to do it manually, but reinstalling is another option, I would avoid it and use the guide in the link I posted in my last post

alright then..but I have to put the mach_kernel on the partition? how will I do that? can I do it inside the Instalation? ..And that means I lost my stuff on Windows..Holly {censored} :/

EDIT: NO i didnt WIPE them.. I formatted the one for moutain lion and at the end.. RECOVERY and WINDOWS United.-- (wtf? ) all of nowhere..oh well..

DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DRIVE, Windows and all your documents are still there, we just have to get you to be able to boot into it, by installing mountain lion the installation played with the mbr, making your Windows partition unbootable.

First we need to get you to copy your mach_kernel from the installation disk to the MAC OS X ML partition

Oh, he just lost the ability to boot Windows then? I thought he meant he wiped the partitions out :P

theconnactic,

can you please help pmmc with a simple guide to use the terminal to delete the current mach_kernel on his hard drive and copy the one from his installation disk? I would do it but I have to read a bit.

alright then..but I have to put the mach_kernel on the partition? how will I do that? can I do it inside the Instalation?

Boot the installer in single user mode (type -s and the other flags you were already using!).

Then, when prompted, type this: mount -uw / and hit enter. Then type cp /mach_kernel /dev/disk1/mach_kernel and hit enter.

Then reboot, still using your USB, but this time select your HDD: type the correct boot flags, and it should work.

• Like 1

Boot the installer in single user mode (type -s and the other flags you were already using!).

Then, when prompted, type this: mount -uw / and hit enter. Then type cp /mach_kernel /dev/disk1/mach_kernel and hit enter.

Then reboot, still using your USB, but this time select your HDD: type the correct boot flags, and it should work.

Im already at the Terminal of the installation..Still works right? :P

Works fine :D

Done :P ..and rebooted..maybe did not work as you said..going on -s now.. maybe the disk isnt the same? ...how can I list disk?

Keep using the terminal of the installer, since you can, and type diskutil list. Perhaps it's the wrong disk, i was guessing when i said disk1 :P

so..help me out bro :P USB installer is in disk1 partition 1 , and Mac OSX installed is on disk0 partition 3 :P

cp /mach_kernel /dev/disk0s3/mach_kernel

no such file or directory ? ;s

EDIT: Found Why..it says 3: (but then.. disk0s5 :P ) and now it meantions it is not a directory :/

try that way:

cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/name\ of\ your\ HDD

I.e.: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/Hackintosh

I.e.2: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/My\ HDD

(you have to use "\ ", without the quotes, when the name has more than one word. You were a good boy and named your HDD with a single work, right? That makes things rather easy)

try that way:

cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/name\ of\ your\ HDD

I.e.: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/Hackintosh

I.e.2: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/My\ HDD

(you have to use "\ ", without the quotes, when the name has more than one word. You were a good boy and named your HDD with a single work, right? That makes things rather easy)

WORKED :D WOW :P and I did named it with a lotttt of words muahah :P nailded it at first try on the name buddy :P

EDIT: It booted..fixed the HDD..and now..was stuck at macx_swaponf SUCCESS for a few seconds..BUT ...BUT THERE I HAVE IT :P I see the mouse... :P it spins xP and DONE :D (I know you dont allow bad words...but...MOTHAFUKAAAAAAA (HANK MOODY STYLE :P Heres a pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msbmcq81zpsxqct/2013-04-03%2004.55.33.jpg

Edited by pmmc
  • Like 1

Congrats! When everything is set up, don't forget to post here: http://www.insanelym...ds/page__st__40

Still a bit lonnngg way :P

EDIT: Graphics work..but.. 4 MB..that means kexts werent loaded? :/ I got two HD 7XXX ..Id like to use the second one..it has more RAm :P

To do list:

Wireless:Not done. (Atheros AR9485 , trouble awaits me from what I've been reading? :S)

Bluetooth: OOB.

Sound: not done.

Etc...

EDIT: will try to finish in a few hours..Now SLEEP :D **

Edited by pmmc

Graphics work..but.. 4 MB..that means kexts werent loaded? :/ I got two HD 7XXX ..Id like to use the second one..it has more RAm :P

That means you have no QE/CI. HD 7xxx needs at least 10.8.3. back up the mach_kernel in the Desktop and download (google is your friend) the Combo update 10.8.3. After the update finishes, but before reboot, put your custom mach_kernel back where it was and reboot. Cross fingers, because HD 7xxx are very tricky to get working.

All the best!

That means you have no QE/CI. HD 7xxx needs at least 10.8.3. back up the mach_kernel in the Desktop and download (google is your friend) the Combo update 10.8.3. After the update finishes, but before reboot, put your custom mach_kernel back where it was and reboot. Cross fingers, because HD 7xxx are very tricky to get working.

All the best!

Im at 10.8.3 :ohttps://www.dropbox....03 05.04.12.jpg https://www.dropbox....03 05.15.11.jpg In Fact it detects them both...but now what? :o

So you have to consider advanced hacks to make your graphics work properly. Ask help in the Graphics forum/ATI. Be sure to inform the exact model of your card, including the device ID (for an example, my HD5450 has the ID 0x68F91002)

P.S.: Ask here: http://www.insanelym.../forum/174-ati/

Just a tip: if you have Crossfire enabled on the BIOS, disable it. Crossfire doesn't and will never work under OSX.