10.8.4 Betas Builds

artur_pt

195 posts in this topic

Haha, I don't mean flashing an Quadro on a Fermi for example. Mod ROM parts and flash it on the GPU. ;)

But you will need to know how what you're doing, bricking a GPU, and you're card is trash.

There are users/developers that found a way to activate openGL on non-supported cards. Maybe there's a part that also needs to be modded. But again, like you say dan542, you will first need to read the source.

Haha, I don't mean flashing an Quadro on a Fermi for example. Mod ROM parts and flash it on the GPU. ;)

But you will need to know how what you're doing, bricking a GPU, and you're card is trash.

That's one of the reasons I think tweaking the driver is a better idea, if you screw up, the worst thing that can happen is that you will have to restore the original driver from Windows/Linux... Also, a card with tweaked ROM may not function properly on Windows/Linux.

There are users/developers that found a way to activate openGL on non-supported cards. Maybe there's a part that also needs to be modded. But again, like you say dan542, you will first need to read the source.

I think that "enabling" OpenGL was done by telling the driver that the card is supported, even though it isn't.

Same as E36.

No changes.

E40 have newer GPU drivers than E36 = pacifist shows that. Maybe Apple didnt changed the finder info .plist version, but code changed between E36 and E40.

Happens to Intel, AMD and Nvidia. Also some gpu framework content changed, like OpenCL oder OpenGL.

But all that may not help if you have some probs with your gpu ;)

Yeah, 12E36 is better than 10.8.3 here, but it will eventually freeze... So far, I tried 10.8.0 (=10.8.1, same kexts), DP3, 10.8.2, 10.8.1 nvidia kexts, 10.8.2 nvidia kexts, 10.8.3, and every build of 10.8.4, and the only one that gave me ZERO freeze in a week is DP3 kexts.

I think DP3 had multiple builds, I'm not sure which build I'm using right know. I have yet to try DP4 kexts also, but at this point I doubt it will change much. Even DP3 ones are about the same performances as the 10.8.4 ones from what I can see.

I kept using APGM from 10.8.3 though... this works fine with DP3 kexts.

Just an update: I have used the DP3 kexts for this week.. so far no freeze! Very strange good!

Yesterday I've watched video's on YouTube, browsing (with Chrome), moving Finder-windows up/down, Photoshop, etc. all at the same time!

Really great! If only only knew this a time ago.. :P

Thanks for the help. :)

I haven't tested the newest 10.8.4 build, anyone has an update/tried them? :)

@beta992 : i think testing every build of 10.8.4 is a waste of time.... I mean our bug appeared since DP4+... Doubt it will disappear now. Which means we will be screwed when 10.9 appears I guess since we wont be able to use 10.8 Frameworks in it.

@beta992 : i think testing every build of 10.8.4 is a waste of time.... I mean our bug appeared since DP4+... Doubt it will disappear now. Which means we will be screwed when 10.9 appears I guess since we wont be able to use 10.8 Frameworks in it.

That's bad news :(

BTW, where could i get the DP3 kexts and frameworks ?

ANy news about AppleHDA solution - like other, my 889A stopped working using (modded) AppleHDA worked 10.8...10.8.3.

VOOODO 2.8.2 seem to get loaded but no sound (loooks good in Audio, but i can here no sound on both output, line & headphones)

If you have VoodooHDA pref panel in your System Preferences, you might look at the two buttons at the left directly under Show All and the back and forward arrows and click on them to see what the two different (or more) choices of the bottom one give you in the top one. On mine the first choice only gave me hdmi sound out from my video card (radeon HD 4350) and the other gave me the stuff from my built in sound card. And some of those sliders would move in the second choice which brought up my sound card when they were run up toward the max settings. PCM, Input Gain, and Imix in my case. Just a thought.

@xpamamadeus

About cuda

before E36 update i did some changes to cuda.

I make s copy of libcuda_304.11.00.dylib and rename it to libcuda_310.40.00.dylib.

I make some changes to info.plist attached,now it dont show anymore that it needs update

Could you please tell us witch info.plist do you edit and do you know the terminal comand to enable opencl for nvidia 4.../5... series?

thx in advance

@xpamamadeus

About cuda

before E36 update i did some changes to cuda.

I make s copy of libcuda_304.11.00.dylib and rename it to libcuda_310.40.00.dylib.

I make some changes to info.plist attached,now it dont show anymore that it needs update

Could you please tell us witch info.plist do you edit and do you know the terminal comand to enable opencl for nvidia 4.../5... series?

thx in advance

U have this info.plist attached in my post, u can have a look,or just use it.

Dont know how to enable it on 4/5 series,sry.

the terminal comand to enable opencl for nvidia 4.../5... series?

This has worked fine on ML 10.8.4 12E40 with a GTX 560 Ti:

sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

opencl.png

As for Fermi freeze, I'm running CUDA-Test.app set to draw 4 triangles on a different space + I have an edited AGPM, even though it probably doesn't make much difference. I know this is not the cleanest solution, but so far it has worked fine for me.

As for Fermi freeze, I'm running CUDA-Test.app set to draw 4 triangles on a different space + I have an edited AGPM, even though it probably doesn't make much difference. I know this is not the cleanest solution, but so far it has worked fine for me.

Try to run the DP3 kexts, I haven't got any freeze this week. With the latest nVidia kext I had freezes all the time.

Just one question about DP3 users, do you also have this problem with suspend:

02-05-13 16:12:29,000 kernel[0]: System sleep prevented by PEGP
02-05-13 16:13:02,260 WindowServer[328]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data
02-05-13 16:13:02,261 WindowServer[328]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data

Or does anyone know a solution for this? :)

Try to run the DP3 kexts, I haven't got any freeze this week. With the latest nVidia kext I had freezes all the time.

Just one question about DP3 users, do you also have this problem with suspend:

02-05-13 16:12:29,000 kernel[0]: System sleep prevented by PEGP
02-05-13 16:13:02,260 WindowServer[328]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data
02-05-13 16:13:02,261 WindowServer[328]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data

Or does anyone know a solution for this? :)

Try deleting the AGPM kext yet ?

I don't have any issue with sleep with any kext (DP3, 10.8, 10.8.2, 10.8.3, 10.8.4...) and it works with all of them. With and without AGPM. So I don't think your issue is related to them.

Try deleting the AGPM kext yet ?

Tried that, still same problem.

I don't have any issue with sleep with any kext (DP3, 10.8, 10.8.2, 10.8.3, 10.8.4...) and it works with all of them. With and without AGPM. So I don't think your issue is related to them.

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you give me some info about your setup. Are you also using Clover as your bootloader? (Did you have the same GPU as me?)

Thanks. :)