Need DSDT EDIT to get my 7xxx working...HELP

xmaniak100

13 posts in this topic

1. Dont post more than one topic

2. Need more info. Does it panic?

1. Im sorry I didnt notive that there is a DSDT section... and i made a topic there and I have no idea how to delete existing one...

2. Everything is explained in the tutorial GPU need a dsdt fix to make it working, or else the FB wont start...

1. Im sorry I didnt notive that there is a DSDT section... and i made a topic there and I have no idea how to delete existing one...

2. Everything is explained in the tutorial GPU need a dsdt fix to make it working, or else the FB wont start...

edit:

Nevermind, found it. One sec.

OK im waiting... I hope itll work

Also if you give up or smthing... write it here so im in a right light

After fooling around for quite a bit, I cannot do it myself. The instructions are rather poor. I know that the author meant well, and we gotta give him props for that, but this isnt gonna be the way to get your card working

I think I found out why it is damn hard

You have an AMD processor and an AMD system. I dont have much experience with them, but AMD processor desktops are extremely difficult getting to work on OSX properly.

You will probably have to wait until someone incorporates a bootloader fix because AMD sucks ass when editing a DSDT.

Edited by q64ceo

Hello guys, i wanna get my GPU working in 10.8.3 but I need dsdt edit for that...

Could someone do it for me please?

DSDT and IOREG in desc.

DSDT,IOREG.zip

Tutorial, Directions, IDs, Steps:

http://rampagedev.wo...g-with-full-qe/

I have AMD HD 7770

Thanks in advance... Youre my heroes!

Hi,

My HD 7770 worked without modification, i installed the latest 10.8.3 beta build then i put my card into pci slot, then i disabled onboard graphics then i booted with this bootflag : GraphicsEnabler=No

After loading screen i got the "White screen problem" i just did the sleep trick : push power button one time then wake your PC by pushing an keyboard key or simply push the power button again..

If sleeping won't work just add into your Extansion folder the Sleeping kext ( i can't remenber exact name)

i hope it helps

Sorry for my bad english

But by experiance just wait for the final release of the 10.8.3, i think it'll be avaible soon

PS:

I sent an email to amd developers, and i asked about amd driver , why they can't provide full driver installation method, i'm waiting for an reply i'll share it with you :)

Have a nice day/night

Hi,

My HD 7770 worked without modification, i installed the latest 10.8.3 beta build then i put my card into pci slot, then i disabled onboard graphics then i booted with this bootflag : GraphicsEnabler=No

After loading screen i got the "White screen problem" i just did the sleep trick : push power button one time then wake your PC by pushing an keyboard key or simply push the power button again..

If sleeping won't work just add into your Extansion folder the Sleeping kext ( i can't remenber exact name)

i hope it helps

Sorry for my bad english

But by experiance just wait for the final release of the 10.8.3, i think it'll be avaible soon

PS:

I sent an email to amd developers, and i asked about amd driver , why they can't provide full driver installation method, i'm waiting for an reply i'll share it with you :)

Have a nice day/night

Does not work. No framebuffer is loaded.

After fooling around for quite a bit, I cannot do it myself. The instructions are rather poor. I know that the author meant well, and we gotta give him props for that, but this isnt gonna be the way to get your card working

I think I found out why it is damn hard

You have an AMD processor and an AMD system. I dont have much experience with them, but AMD processor desktops are extremely difficult getting to work on OSX properly.

You will probably have to wait until someone incorporates a bootloader fix because AMD sucks ass when editing a DSDT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piqrpofQFYM

How is it hard?

• Like 2