[Guide] ML on Acer Aspire TimelineX 4830TG (3830TG or 5830TG)

superb921

110 posts in this topic

I have a 3830T with core i3 and only HD3000, the battery meter, graphics (QE/CI), sleep, card reader, don't work with the kexts of this post, I need a different DSDT.amd and a SSDT.aml? Were can I find this files for my computer?

Thanks.

voodoobattery fixed my battery problem thanks.

where can i find intel power gadget. it doesnt show up on the applications.

I downloaded it from here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20

It looks like the link from intel is broken, so ive attached my link: https://mega.co.nz/#!d0J3SChL!Je7nGCPbrDNdvEatvX4h-CClwBU4QLBoY7puDMkiVgI

enjoy

I have a 3830T with core i3 and only HD3000, the battery meter, graphics (QE/CI), sleep, card reader, don't work with the kexts of this post, I need a different DSDT.amd and a SSDT.aml? Were can I find this files for my computer?

Thanks.

You are correct, the DSDT and SSDT are meant for i5. Do not apply it.

What kind of i3 do you have?

you will need a new dsdt to patch up i3 (if it is not supported) and sleep. HD3000 should already be supported with no issue.

As for card reader, I'm looking for a kext, too.

thanks!

sometimes i'm having graphical glitches (horizontal lines, square loading animation for mouse pointer) has anyone else encountered a problem like this? (intel hd3000, gt540m inactive by default)

Or where is a guide to make my own DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml? Is this procedure difficult to do it?

My system is a Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830T with intel i3-2350M 2,30GHz, Intel HD3000 only, 750GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 1333.

Thanks again!!

thanks!

sometimes i'm having graphical glitches (horizontal lines, square loading animation for mouse pointer) has anyone else encountered a problem like this? (intel hd3000, gt540m inactive by default)

Yes, it happens sometimes. I found that updating FakeSMC.kext improves the condition.

Or where is a guide to make my own DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml? Is this procedure difficult to do it?

My system is a Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830T with intel i3-2350M 2,30GHz, Intel HD3000 only, 750GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 1333.

Thanks again!!

there are guides out there on how to create DSDT and SSDT. I would suggest looking for it first as it could just as easily damage your computer.

After install my audio didn't work, I use VooDooHDA 0.2.72 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] pot installation package, OS might crash after install, reboot then audio should works, but buggy playing bass

http://www.[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].com

Screen_Shot_2013_04_17_at_2_10_41_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2013_04_17_at_2_10_51_AM.png

• 1 month later...

Hello there!

I am just about to try out this method on my Acer 3830TG-6412. I've tried out some of the other methods for installing OS X on my laptop with various degrees of success (some versions installed but gave me boot0 errors, others installed fine but most of the kexts such as WiFi wouldn't work..). The thing that concerns me is with the CPU Power Management kexts. Since this laptop has a Core i3-2310m, most of the Power management kexts that are given with the tutorials for the Core i5-24xx systems give my system Kernel Panics! This is probably because of the turboboost functionality of the Core i5 chips which the Core i3 chips do not have. Other than that, I'll try this method out and report to you guys how it goes.

Thanks to "superb921" for posting this Tutorial!

Hello there!

I am just about to try out this method on my Acer 3830TG-6412. I've tried out some of the other methods for installing OS X on my laptop with various degrees of success (some versions installed but gave me boot0 errors, others installed fine but most of the kexts such as WiFi wouldn't work..). The thing that concerns me is with the CPU Power Management kexts. Since this laptop has a Core i3-2310m, most of the Power management kexts that are given with the tutorials for the Core i5-24xx systems give my system Kernel Panics! This is probably because of the turboboost functionality of the Core i5 chips which the Core i3 chips do not have. Other than that, I'll try this method out and report to you guys how it goes.

Thanks to "superb921" for posting this Tutorial!

boot0 error occurs because the computer doesnt have a system to boot with. It can be easily fix with a windows disk if you installed windows first before OSX. If you install OSX first, then you shouldnt be getting this error message.

Yes, the cpu kext are in fact specifically written for i5.

boot0 error occurs because the computer doesnt have a system to boot with. It can be easily fix with a windows disk if you installed windows first before OSX. If you install OSX first, then you shouldnt be getting this error message.Yes, the cpu kext are in fact specifically written for i5.

Which kexts should I remove in order to make sure nothing goes wrong, and do you know if the install will work without those kexts? Also, what would not function if I do not install the DSDT?

Edit: Has anyone tried this to get the GT 540m working? http://www.osx86.net/view/2517-gt_540m_worked_on_acer_4750g.html

I've been trying to get this working the entire night... I keep getting stuck here and the only way to boot into Osx is by booting into safe mode (-x) This happens after the reboot after the install, and any following reboots. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Yuvin

post-753306-0-43017600-1370755022_thumb.jpg

I've been trying to get this working the entire night... I keep getting stuck here and the only way to boot into Osx is by booting into safe mode (-x) This happens after the reboot after the install, and any following reboots. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Yuvin

Its always a hit and miss process when it comes to hackintosh.

When you install make sure you remove all connected devices in the usb ports and disable nvidia in the bios.

since you are not using the provided DSDT, or you wont be able to boot.

do NOT install anything in PATCH 1 and EXTRA, do not delete NullCPUPM

(until you find a working DSDT/SSDT)

Its always a hit and miss process when it comes to hackintosh.

When you install make sure you remove all connected devices in the usb ports and disable nvidia in the bios.

since you are not using the provided DSDT, or you wont be able to boot.

do NOT install anything in PATCH 1 and EXTRA, do not delete NullCPUPM

(until you find a working DSDT/SSDT)

Yeah, I figured out a way to get past this error while booting which was to select IOPCIFamily within the installation package, and to not disable the Nvidia card within the installation (Still set to integrated in BIOS however). After the install booted, I used MB (Not mentionable here..) to install VoodooHDA 0.2.72 and selected "Use SSE2" withing the VoodooHDA section of System Preferences. I also used the VoodooBattery kexts to get my battery meter working as the Kexts provided in Patch1 do not work. So far, this is what I've gotten working on the TimelineX 3830tg-6412 (Core i3-2310m, 1GB GT540m, 750GB HDD, 4GB Ram)

• WiFi (Works after install)
  • Ethernet
  • USB 2 Ports
  • Webcam
  • CPU (No Speedstep..)
  • Sound (VoodooHDA)
  • Battery Meter (VoodooBattery)
  • HD 3000 Graphics (But horribly glitchy, even with FakeSMC 4.2)
  • Sleep (Looks like it works!)

Doesn't Work:

• Screen Brightness
  • GT 540m
  • Bluetooth
  • Trackpad functions (KPs when I try to use the track pad kext found in the Patch 2 folder)
  • Anything else not listed above

I would really appreciate any help with getting my screen brightness working as the current brightness hurts my eyes when I try to use the damn thing :P. The screen brightness is the thing function I need the most right now! Also, the graphics glitches are really annoying and I've tried various versions of FakeSMC but I can't seem to get it to stop, any ideas? The battery life is also pretty bad, I can watch the battery drain at around 1% every 5 minutes.

One more thing; If I fix the Windows 8 bootloader and use EasyBCD to create an entry for OS X, will the install still boot? I'm under the impression that if I do this, the Windows Bootloader will overwrite the Chameleon boot arguments.

Yet another thing, do you know where I can find the patch required for our boards in order to compile a DSDT? I tried looking on "olarila" but they don't have one for the x830 series, they got one for the 3820 though, but I highly doubt that will work.

Thanks,

Yuvin

Yeah, I figured out a way to get past this error while booting which was to select IOPCIFamily within the installation package, and to not disable the Nvidia card within the installation (Still set to integrated in BIOS however). After the install booted, I used MB (Not mentionable here..) to install VoodooHDA 0.2.72 and selected "Use SSE2" withing the VoodooHDA section of System Preferences. I also used the VoodooBattery kexts to get my battery meter working as the Kexts provided in Patch1 do not work. So far, this is what I've gotten working on the TimelineX 3830tg-6412 (Core i3-2310m, 1GB GT540m, 750GB HDD, 4GB Ram)

• WiFi (Works after install)
  • Ethernet
  • USB 2 Ports
  • Webcam
  • CPU (No Speedstep..)
  • Sound (VoodooHDA)
  • Battery Meter (VoodooBattery)
  • HD 3000 Graphics (But horribly glitchy, even with FakeSMC 4.2)
  • Sleep (Looks like it works!)

Doesn't Work:

• Screen Brightness
  • GT 540m
  • Bluetooth
  • Trackpad functions (KPs when I try to use the track pad kext found in the Patch 2 folder)
  • Anything else not listed above

I would really appreciate any help with getting my screen brightness working as the current brightness hurts my eyes when I try to use the damn thing :P. The screen brightness is the thing function I need the most right now! Also, the graphics glitches are really annoying and I've tried various versions of FakeSMC but I can't seem to get it to stop, any ideas? The battery life is also pretty bad, I can watch the battery drain at around 1% every 5 minutes.

One more thing; If I fix the Windows 8 bootloader and use EasyBCD to create an entry for OS X, will the install still boot? I'm under the impression that if I do this, the Windows Bootloader will overwrite the Chameleon boot arguments.

Yet another thing, do you know where I can find the patch required for our boards in order to compile a DSDT? I tried looking on "olarila" but they don't have one for the x830 series, they got one for the 3820 though, but I highly doubt that will work.

Thanks,

Yuvin

First of all good job.

For screen brightness (temp. solution):

When rebooting> under the bootloader screen> press Fn --> or Fn <-- (just like in windows) to change

screen brightness. You will be stuck on this brightness until next restart

GT540M solution:

There are some developer out there working on drivers, but i wouldnt count on it.

Bluetooth solution:

I was able to make it recognize by OSX, but it wasn't functional. If you want the kext to test it out, I can post it.

Trackpad Solution:

Make sure you dont have voodooPS2 or related, or you will get KP. Here is the link for multitouch kext: http://forum.osxlati...river-mac-os-x/

Battery Issue:

I have not encounter such issue. do a full battery drain and report the total time.

Graphic Issue/FakeSMC:

Update to the most recent FakeSMC and do a couple reboots. For me it gets better overtime (happens less frequent). Update OSX via apps store as there are some fixes for i5 graphics.

Boot Confusion:

Yes, you will see selection menu (it should be text no graphic) for win8 and osx. you should be able to boot into both. Look at step 9 from the first page, select quite boot as seen on the picture to skip Chameleon boot menu.

• Like 1

First of all good job.

For screen brightness (temp. solution):

When rebooting> under the bootloader screen> press Fn --> or Fn <-- (just like in windows) to change

screen brightness. You will be stuck on this brightness until next restart

GT540M solution:

There are some developer out there working on drivers, but i wouldnt count on it.

Bluetooth solution:

I was able to make it recognize by OSX, but it wasn't functional. If you want the kext to test it out, I can post it.

Trackpad Solution:

Make sure you dont have voodooPS2 or related, or you will get KP. Here is the link for multitouch kext: http://forum.osxlati...river-mac-os-x/

Battery Issue:

I have not encounter such issue. do a full battery drain and report the total time.

Graphic Issue/FakeSMC:

Update to the most recent FakeSMC and do a couple reboots. For me it gets better overtime (happens less frequent). Update OSX via apps store as there are some fixes for i5 graphics.

Boot Confusion:

Yes, you will see selection menu (it should be text no graphic) for win8 and osx. you should be able to boot into both. Look at step 9 from the first page, select quite boot as seen on the picture to skip Chameleon boot menu.

Thanks for all your help. (:

The screen brightness trick works great and now I can finally use this as a laptop again!

I would also love to try out that bluetooth kext you have to see if I can get that working.

The trackpad unfortunatley does not work with that kext. When I booted up using verbose, I saw it state something like "Trackpad found, assuming version 2... Version 2 is not yet supported by this driver, please contact..." Wish I could get multitouch working on this.

The battery issue seemed to be a one-off thing, after I did another install, the battery lasted around 7 hours which is great!

I've also found that for one in every 3 reboots, there doesn't seem to be any graphic artifcating within OSX. I've already updated to 10.8.4 and I'll look for some more updates.

I'm just about to try and get the Windows install back up and see if this does work.

Thanks again,

Yuvin.

Also, does anyone know how to fix the Apple logo being off centre as shown in the attachment?

post-753306-0-13636800-1370905816_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your help. (:

The screen brightness trick works great and now I can finally use this as a laptop again!

I would also love to try out that bluetooth kext you have to see if I can get that working.

The trackpad unfortunatley does not work with that kext. When I booted up using verbose, I saw it state something like "Trackpad found, assuming version 2... Version 2 is not yet supported by this driver, please contact..." Wish I could get multitouch working on this.

The battery issue seemed to be a one-off thing, after I did another install, the battery lasted around 7 hours which is great!

I've also found that for one in every 3 reboots, there doesn't seem to be any graphic artifcating within OSX. I've already updated to 10.8.4 and I'll look for some more updates.

I'm just about to try and get the Windows install back up and see if this does work.

Thanks again,

Yuvin.

Also, does anyone know how to fix the Apple logo being off centre as shown in the attachment?

Bluetooth kext will be posted on the front page soon (in a couple of days), i need to organize my files a little bit.

the apple logo off center thing, look at step 9, make sure 1366*768*32 is selected.

Bluetooth kext will be posted on the front page soon (in a couple of days), i need to organize my files a little bit.

the apple logo off center thing, look at step 9, make sure 1366*768*32 is selected.

Yep, it was already on that resolution but I guess that doesn't want to work.. I just set it to 1280x900x32 and it's alright now.

Hey. I haven't written here for a while but i still use this ML ;) And almost everything works, except that microphone and HDMI audio... Is there any possibility to fix this? I've installed mounth ago VoodooHDA to try repair this but still no change... I have 5830tg

Hey. I haven't written here for a while but i still use this ML ;) And almost everything works, except that microphone and HDMI audio... Is there any possibility to fix this? I've installed mounth ago VoodooHDA to try repair this but still no change... I have 5830tg

Have you tried the digital input for the microphone? It works fine on my 3830tg. HDMI Audio, I'm not sure about but let me go check that out real quick.

BTW, i've just noticed that my touchpad don't work...i dont remember when i was using this last time but i remember that i was installing elan touchpad driver but it was working when i was using touchpad last time...

Does anyone know how to get Windows 8 to boot up again? It's giving me a boot missing error and every method I've tried to get it to work has failed. I'm at the point where I just want to format the entire HDD and just start from the beginning... 

Edit: Nevermind, needed to boot from the SYSTEM RESERVED partition, not the actual OS partition. Stupid new boot system on Windows 8. EasyBCD gives an error opening BCD registry. Any ideas on what to do next?

BTW, i've just noticed that my touchpad don't work...i dont remember when i was using this last time but i remember that i was installing elan touchpad driver but it was working when i was using touchpad last time...

Restart with -v -f

You should see elan touchpad success kind of code (dont remember).

post the code related to elan tech and touchpad

Does anyone know how to get Windows 8 to boot up again? It's giving me a boot missing error and every method I've tried to get it to work has failed. I'm at the point where I just want to format the entire HDD and just start from the beginning... 

Edit: Nevermind, needed to boot from the SYSTEM RESERVED partition, not the actual OS partition. Stupid new boot system on Windows 8. EasyBCD gives an error opening BCD registry. Any ideas on what to do next?

This doesnt sound right. I'll try to make a video or write a guide about it i guess.

Yep, confirmed that HDMI Audio out doesn't work with VoodooHDA..

HDMI audio is related to video card kext (HD3000). I have a kext on hand but it has not yet been tested. POSTED

I've already removed VoodooHDA and back to AppleHDA and i have only InternalMic and still nothing. At VoodooHDA I had digital input but no voice from mic.

I have reinstall my guide many times, mic works everytime. check that your mic is working under windows first then report back.

Bluetooth kext posted with working solution. See update 5