[Guide] ML on Acer Aspire TimelineX 4830TG (3830TG or 5830TG)

* * * * * 2 votes Mountain lion acer aspire timelineX 4830TG 3830TG 5830TG

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

mgmft

mgmft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Go to Settings>Energy Saver. Make sure "Show battery status in menu bar" is checked.
Tell me more about your computer and detail of your problems so i can troubleshoot.
All links have been tested working.

Yes, I was able to reproduce the issue. iMessage fix has nothing to do with it, it's all USB 3.0 kext's fault.
I am proactively looking for a fix, but in the mean time:
- Keep the kext, if you choose USB 3.0 function over sleep
- delete the kext, if you choose sleep over USB 3.0 (still able to charge devices)

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you, if you weren't here I was never get enough courage to install osx.

The link i was mentioning is the one tytbro mentioned before.

About battery issue, i've downloaded this kext ( http://www.osx86.net...ile&id=3169) and works nice.

My system:
ACER 4830TG
INTEL 2450M
NVIDIA GT540M (disabled)
INTEL HD3000
4GB DDR3 1333
640 GB HDD

mgmft

mgmft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi,

this fixed headphone problem for me.

http://www.osx86.net...nt_cx20588.html

superb921

superb921

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you, if you weren't here I was never get enough courage to install osx.

The link i was mentioning is the one tytbro mentioned before.

My system:
ACER 4830TG
INTEL 2450M
NVIDIA GT540M (disabled)
INTEL HD3000
4GB DDR3 1333
640 GB HDD

battery should already be working after all the patches.
Try VoodooBattery kext if it is still not showing up

mgmft

mgmft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi,

this fixed my speedstep problem for 2430m (sorry i was mentioned 2450m above)

Hackintosh Turbo Boost + Speedstep i5-2410M , i5-2430m ...

mgmft

mgmft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

battery should already be working after all the patches.
Try VoodooBattery kext if it is still not showing up

voodoobattery fixed my battery problem thanks.

where can i find intel power gadget. it doesnt show up on the applications.

borlam

borlam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a 3830T with core i3 and only HD3000, the battery meter, graphics (QE/CI), sleep, card reader, don't work with the kexts of this post, I need a different DSDT.amd and a SSDT.aml? Were can I find this files for my computer?

Thanks.

superb921

superb921

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

voodoobattery fixed my battery problem thanks.

where can i find intel power gadget. it doesnt show up on the applications.

I downloaded it from here: http://software.inte...power-gadget-20
It looks like the link from intel is broken, so ive attached my link: https://mega.co.nz/#!d0J3SChL!Je7nGCPbrDNdvEatvX4h-CClwBU4QLBoY7puDMkiVgI
enjoy

I have a 3830T with core i3 and only HD3000, the battery meter, graphics (QE/CI), sleep, card reader, don't work with the kexts of this post, I need a different DSDT.amd and a SSDT.aml? Were can I find this files for my computer?

Thanks.

You are correct, the DSDT and SSDT are meant for i5. Do not apply it.
What kind of i3 do you have?
you will need a new dsdt to patch up i3 (if it is not supported) and sleep. HD3000 should already be supported with no issue.
As for card reader, I'm looking for a kext, too.

mgmft

mgmft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks!

sometimes i'm having graphical glitches (horizontal lines, square loading animation for mouse pointer) has anyone else encountered a problem like this? (intel hd3000, gt540m inactive by default)

borlam

borlam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
My computer has a intel i3-2350M 2,30GHz. Somebody has a DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml for my system? Or the correct kexts I need?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

borlam

borlam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Or where is a guide to make my own DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml? Is this procedure difficult to do it?

My system is a Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830T with intel i3-2350M 2,30GHz, Intel HD3000 only, 750GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 1333.

Thanks again!!

superb921

superb921

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

thanks!

sometimes i'm having graphical glitches (horizontal lines, square loading animation for mouse pointer) has anyone else encountered a problem like this? (intel hd3000, gt540m inactive by default)

Yes, it happens sometimes. I found that updating FakeSMC.kext improves the condition.

Or where is a guide to make my own DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml? Is this procedure difficult to do it?

My system is a Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830T with intel i3-2350M 2,30GHz, Intel HD3000 only, 750GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 1333.

Thanks again!!

there are guides out there on how to create DSDT and SSDT. I would suggest looking for it first as it could just as easily damage your computer.

WorlBossOH

WorlBossOH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

After install my audio didn't work, I use VooDooHDA 0.2.72 from ##### pot installation package, OS might crash after install, reboot then audio should works, but buggy playing bass

http://www.multibeast.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yuvin

Yuvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hello there!

I am just about to try out this method on my Acer 3830TG-6412. I've tried out some of the other methods for installing OS X on my laptop with various degrees of success (some versions installed but gave me boot0 errors, others installed fine but most of the kexts such as WiFi wouldn't work..). The thing that concerns me is with the CPU Power Management kexts. Since this laptop has a Core i3-2310m, most of the Power management kexts that are given with the tutorials for the Core i5-24xx systems give my system Kernel Panics! This is probably because of the turboboost functionality of the Core i5 chips which the Core i3 chips do not have. Other than that, I'll try this method out and report to you guys how it goes.

Thanks to "superb921" for posting this Tutorial!

superb921

superb921

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Hello there!

I am just about to try out this method on my Acer 3830TG-6412. I've tried out some of the other methods for installing OS X on my laptop with various degrees of success (some versions installed but gave me boot0 errors, others installed fine but most of the kexts such as WiFi wouldn't work..). The thing that concerns me is with the CPU Power Management kexts. Since this laptop has a Core i3-2310m, most of the Power management kexts that are given with the tutorials for the Core i5-24xx systems give my system Kernel Panics! This is probably because of the turboboost functionality of the Core i5 chips which the Core i3 chips do not have. Other than that, I'll try this method out and report to you guys how it goes.

Thanks to "superb921" for posting this Tutorial!

boot0 error occurs because the computer doesnt have a system to boot with. It can be easily fix with a windows disk if you installed windows first before OSX. If you install OSX first, then you shouldnt be getting this error message.

Yes, the cpu kext are in fact specifically written for i5.

Yuvin

Yuvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

boot0 error occurs because the computer doesnt have a system to boot with. It can be easily fix with a windows disk if you installed windows first before OSX. If you install OSX first, then you shouldnt be getting this error message.Yes, the cpu kext are in fact specifically written for i5.

Which kexts should I remove in order to make sure nothing goes wrong, and do you know if the install will work without those kexts? Also, what would not function if I do not install the DSDT?

Edit: Has anyone tried this to get the GT 540m working? http://www.osx86.net...acer_4750g.html

Yuvin

Yuvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I've been trying to get this working the entire night... I keep getting stuck here and the only way to boot into Osx is by booting into safe mode (-x) This happens after the reboot after the install, and any following reboots. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Yuvin

Attached Files

superb921

superb921

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I've been trying to get this working the entire night... I keep getting stuck here and the only way to boot into Osx is by booting into safe mode (-x) This happens after the reboot after the install, and any following reboots. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Yuvin

Its always a hit and miss process when it comes to hackintosh.
When you install make sure you remove all connected devices in the usb ports and disable nvidia in the bios.

since you are not using the provided DSDT, or you wont be able to boot.

do NOT install anything in PATCH 1 and EXTRA, do not delete NullCPUPM
(until you find a working DSDT/SSDT)

Yuvin

Yuvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Its always a hit and miss process when it comes to hackintosh.
When you install make sure you remove all connected devices in the usb ports and disable nvidia in the bios.

since you are not using the provided DSDT, or you wont be able to boot.

do NOT install anything in PATCH 1 and EXTRA, do not delete NullCPUPM
(until you find a working DSDT/SSDT)

Yeah, I figured out a way to get past this error while booting which was to select IOPCIFamily within the installation package, and to not disable the Nvidia card within the installation (Still set to integrated in BIOS however). After the install booted, I used MB (Not mentionable here..) to install VoodooHDA 0.2.72 and selected "Use SSE2" withing the VoodooHDA section of System Preferences. I also used the VoodooBattery kexts to get my battery meter working as the Kexts provided in Patch1 do not work. So far, this is what I've gotten working on the TimelineX 3830tg-6412 (Core i3-2310m, 1GB GT540m, 750GB HDD, 4GB Ram)
  • WiFi (Works after install)
  • Ethernet
  • USB 2 Ports
  • Webcam
  • CPU (No Speedstep..)
  • Sound (VoodooHDA)
  • Battery Meter (VoodooBattery)
  • HD 3000 Graphics (But horribly glitchy, even with FakeSMC 4.2)
  • Sleep (Looks like it works!)
Doesn't Work:
  • Screen Brightness
  • GT 540m
  • Bluetooth
  • Trackpad functions (KPs when I try to use the track pad kext found in the Patch 2 folder)
  • Anything else not listed above
I would really appreciate any help with getting my screen brightness working as the current brightness hurts my eyes when I try to use the damn thing :P. The screen brightness is the thing function I need the most right now! Also, the graphics glitches are really annoying and I've tried various versions of FakeSMC but I can't seem to get it to stop, any ideas? The battery life is also pretty bad, I can watch the battery drain at around 1% every 5 minutes.

One more thing; If I fix the Windows 8 bootloader and use EasyBCD to create an entry for OS X, will the install still boot? I'm under the impression that if I do this, the Windows Bootloader will overwrite the Chameleon boot arguments.

Yet another thing, do you know where I can find the patch required for our boards in order to compile a DSDT? I tried looking on "olarila" but they don't have one for the x830 series, they got one for the 3820 though, but I highly doubt that will work.

Thanks,

Yuvin

superb921

superb921

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Yeah, I figured out a way to get past this error while booting which was to select IOPCIFamily within the installation package, and to not disable the Nvidia card within the installation (Still set to integrated in BIOS however). After the install booted, I used MB (Not mentionable here..) to install VoodooHDA 0.2.72 and selected "Use SSE2" withing the VoodooHDA section of System Preferences. I also used the VoodooBattery kexts to get my battery meter working as the Kexts provided in Patch1 do not work. So far, this is what I've gotten working on the TimelineX 3830tg-6412 (Core i3-2310m, 1GB GT540m, 750GB HDD, 4GB Ram)

• WiFi (Works after install)
  • Ethernet
  • USB 2 Ports
  • Webcam
  • CPU (No Speedstep..)
  • Sound (VoodooHDA)
  • Battery Meter (VoodooBattery)
  • HD 3000 Graphics (But horribly glitchy, even with FakeSMC 4.2)
  • Sleep (Looks like it works!)
Doesn't Work:
  • Screen Brightness
  • GT 540m
  • Bluetooth
  • Trackpad functions (KPs when I try to use the track pad kext found in the Patch 2 folder)
  • Anything else not listed above
I would really appreciate any help with getting my screen brightness working as the current brightness hurts my eyes when I try to use the damn thing :P. The screen brightness is the thing function I need the most right now! Also, the graphics glitches are really annoying and I've tried various versions of FakeSMC but I can't seem to get it to stop, any ideas? The battery life is also pretty bad, I can watch the battery drain at around 1% every 5 minutes.

One more thing; If I fix the Windows 8 bootloader and use EasyBCD to create an entry for OS X, will the install still boot? I'm under the impression that if I do this, the Windows Bootloader will overwrite the Chameleon boot arguments.

Yet another thing, do you know where I can find the patch required for our boards in order to compile a DSDT? I tried looking on "olarila" but they don't have one for the x830 series, they got one for the 3820 though, but I highly doubt that will work.

Thanks,

Yuvin

First of all good job.
For screen brightness (temp. solution):
When rebooting> under the bootloader screen> press Fn --> or Fn <-- (just like in windows) to change
screen brightness. You will be stuck on this brightness until next restart

GT540M solution:
There are some developer out there working on drivers, but i wouldnt count on it.

Bluetooth solution:
I was able to make it recognize by OSX, but it wasn't functional. If you want the kext to test it out, I can post it.

Trackpad Solution:
Make sure you dont have voodooPS2 or related, or you will get KP. Here is the link for multitouch kext: http://forum.osxlati...river-mac-os-x/

Battery Issue:
I have not encounter such issue. do a full battery drain and report the total time.

Graphic Issue/FakeSMC:
Update to the most recent FakeSMC and do a couple reboots. For me it gets better overtime (happens less frequent). Update OSX via apps store as there are some fixes for i5 graphics.

Boot Confusion:
Yes, you will see selection menu (it should be text no graphic) for win8 and osx. you should be able to boot into both. Look at step 9 from the first page, select quite boot as seen on the picture to skip Chameleon boot menu.

Yuvin

Yuvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

First of all good job.
For screen brightness (temp. solution):
When rebooting> under the bootloader screen> press Fn --> or Fn <-- (just like in windows) to change
screen brightness. You will be stuck on this brightness until next restart

GT540M solution:
There are some developer out there working on drivers, but i wouldnt count on it.

Bluetooth solution:
I was able to make it recognize by OSX, but it wasn't functional. If you want the kext to test it out, I can post it.

Trackpad Solution:
Make sure you dont have voodooPS2 or related, or you will get KP. Here is the link for multitouch kext: http://forum.osxlati...river-mac-os-x/

Battery Issue:
I have not encounter such issue. do a full battery drain and report the total time.

Graphic Issue/FakeSMC:
Update to the most recent FakeSMC and do a couple reboots. For me it gets better overtime (happens less frequent). Update OSX via apps store as there are some fixes for i5 graphics.

Boot Confusion:
Yes, you will see selection menu (it should be text no graphic) for win8 and osx. you should be able to boot into both. Look at step 9 from the first page, select quite boot as seen on the picture to skip Chameleon boot menu.

Thanks for all your help. (:

The screen brightness trick works great and now I can finally use this as a laptop again!

I would also love to try out that bluetooth kext you have to see if I can get that working.

The trackpad unfortunatley does not work with that kext. When I booted up using verbose, I saw it state something like "Trackpad found, assuming version 2... Version 2 is not yet supported by this driver, please contact..." Wish I could get multitouch working on this.

The battery issue seemed to be a one-off thing, after I did another install, the battery lasted around 7 hours which is great!

I've also found that for one in every 3 reboots, there doesn't seem to be any graphic artifcating within OSX. I've already updated to 10.8.4 and I'll look for some more updates.

I'm just about to try and get the Windows install back up and see if this does work.

Thanks again,

Yuvin.

Also, does anyone know how to fix the Apple logo being off centre as shown in the attachment?

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain, lion, acer, aspire, timelineX, 4830TG, 3830TG, 5830TG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy