• PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

to

alexanderq,

same thing here too.

I also tried many times on my pc.... :(

i3 530.

does it mean it's hopeless on pc???

No it is not hopeless we can allways buy a new cheap card. :)

4520s

4520s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Well friend, welcome to the OS X family.  :)

Your HP Probook 4520 is fully compatible. I'm not sure why your trying to install 10.8.4 kexts on 10.8.2. You must update your OS X installation friend.

Thank you. Loving every single bit of OS X (even without QE) 

Is the update really really necessary? I am too afraid to update what if it bricks something?

Took me about a week to get OS X working (had to reinstall win7 too so 2 days were for repairing drives and getting my data out)

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

is there any chance to get qe on Hp Elitebook 8440p with edp cable?

As far as I know I don't think there will be support for eDP displays. I'm not sure if anyone is working on that.  Not saying that its impossible but someone has to have a great knowledge in analyzing the framebuffer but only Apple knows that. Not sure if developers here want to take a look at the framebuffer and see what else can be found. A guy named bbc9 seems to know a lot about the Intel HD Graphics IGPU series but I don't think he's willing to help us out on an old IGPU.

Please stop asking about other intel hd models. Intel gma 5700 IS THE ONLY COMPATIBLE MODEL.

Thank you Giofrida. I don't know how people miss the big sign saying 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics. Sorry people this thread is only for 2010 Arrandale processors. There are many forums out here on InsanelyMac for 2011 Sandy Bridge and 2012 Ivy Bridge.

any successful case on PCs with 1st gen HD card?

plz show merce !!!!

I have a question for you. Most desktop PCs have the capability to have dedicated graphics cards. Why would you want the Intel HD Graphics IGPU to work? I find that odd. To get the best performance, buy an AMD Radeon graphics card that is compatible with OS X and that can also fit inside your PC. 

Although the 2010 iMacs did have Clarkdale processors, the Intel HD Graphics IGPU was never utilized and Apple didn't bother adding support for it. Desktop PCs with 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics is not supported, but you guys are lucky since you can easily add dedicated graphics cards. 

I remember even my 2003 HP Pavilion desktop had an NVIDIA IGPU but I opened it up and found out it had capabilities to have a dedicated graphics card. It was pretty interesting.

Thank you. Loving every single bit of OS X (even without QE) 

Is the update really really necessary? I am too afraid to update what if it bricks something?

Took me about a week to get OS X working (had to reinstall win7 too so 2 days were for repairing drives and getting my data out)

I understand that updating is scary sometimes, but its not as bad as it looks. The only thing you have to worry about are the kexts that you have modified but they must be official Apple kexts. If its FakeSMC or VoodooPS2 or some other 3rd party kext, they won't get touched. But if its something like AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext or AppleHDA.kext and you have modified them, they will get replaced. 

Remember this. If you have modified Apple kexts, back them up since the combo update installer will replace them. Simple steps:

1. Download the 10.8.4 combo installer.

2. Go to System/Library/Extensions and back up the official Apple kexts you have modified.

3. Run the 10.8.4 combo installer and let it install. When it finishes, DO NOT press restart. 

4. Go to System/Library/Extensions and delete all the AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts and all the Apple kexts that need to be modified. (For example, if you have a patched AppleHDA, the installer would have installed a new AppleHDA and you need to delete that.)

5. Open Kext Utility and let it rebuild cache and stuff. Then once its done drag the modified Apple kexts that you have backed up into the Kext Utility window and let it rebuild cache again. Close it once its done.

6. Go back to the combo installer and press Restart.

7. You should be back at the desktop. Now you can follow the steps to enable QE/CI. 

Its not hard to be honest.

monsterrrrr

monsterrrrr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Mac,iphone developing and Music

i have dell inspiron n5010 6GB ram i have LVDS display i ran the intel_reg_dump in linux but i am still able to enable only CI why QE is not enabled i am running 10..8.4 with myhack on dell inspiorn5010 core i3 M370...plz Members help i do use the giofrida intel hd patcher and i have tried almost every kext but still no hope.framebuffer kexts loads with out a problem but as soon as i install intehHDGraphics.kexts ,upon restarting my screen get distored unable to use that distorted display i have smbios.plist of imac..plz help me i have been stuck at it over 5 months

there is a big possibilty that your disp;ay is edp and not ldvs which means that only CI can work can you confirm what your display is

i ran the intel reg dump and it says the LVDS enabled i can show u my intel_reg_dump.but it is confirmed i have LVDS display but still stuck at only CI.what do i need to do?perhaps DSDT edit.but i am noob here.i have installed using myhack on dell inspironn5010 corei3 370M 10.8.4.do u recommend me some other ways or other version i am using smbios.plist of imac..guide me people plz

4520s

4520s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the prompt reply GhostRaider. So I updated to 10.8.4 still unable to get anything working. OS X loads proper but the screen remains blank. If I connect my iPod it does make the audible alert. Everything else must be working too except for graphics.

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Just wondering: Has anyone tried Kext patching via Clover?  I know it can do hex edits on the fly, and one added benefit is that as long as the hex edits don't change, you can update and run our integrated GPU seamlessly without having to patch it manually or roll back to an older patched kext.  See what I mean here: http://www.insanelym...s/#entry1853204

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Just wondering: Has anyone tried Kext patching via Clover?  I know it can do hex edits on the fly, and one added benefit is that as long as the hex edits don't change, you can update and run our integrated GPU seamlessly without having to patch it manually or roll back to an older patched kext.  See what I mean here: http://www.insanelym...s/#entry1853204

No, but the patch could be added to Clover (send a feature request). It's need a more complex patch. But it may be possible after all. :)

monsterrrrr

monsterrrrr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Mac,iphone developing and Music

i have dell inspiron n5010 6GB ram i have LVDS display i ran the intel_reg_dump in linux but i am still able to enable only CI why QE is not enabled i am running 10..8.4 with myhack on dell inspiorn5010 core i3 M370...plz Members help i do use the giofrida intel hd patcher and i have tried almost every kext but still no hope.framebuffer kexts loads with out a problem but as soon as i install intehHDGraphics.kexts ,upon restarting my screen get distorted unable to use that distorted display i have smbios.plist of imac..plz help me i have been stuck at it over 5 months.

sonic1187

sonic1187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey, just want to toss my 2 cents in here. I've been following this form for a while now (thank you very much to everyone and their hard work) and thought i'd create an account to post my own experience. My system is a Toshiba L655-S5155 With an Intel core i5 430m Processor and 1st gen IGPU. The Display is a LVDS connection and thus a pretty good candidate for enabling CI/QE. I followed this guide and patched my own framebuffer, but as soon as i would reboot i would get stuck on the boot screen with a frozen wheel. i was able to remote in and discover that 10.8.4 wasn't detecting my LCD.

The solution was very simple: I had to patch the framebuffer as VGA (Not LCD) then reboot with an external monitor attached to the VGA port. The computer would then boot into OS X, display on the built-in LCD panel, and fully detect it as a built in display with full CI/QE. After it fully booted i could then freely remove the external display and use the built-in display. It continues to work just fine after numerous reboot without needing to reconnect the external display..........so why it needed it connected that 1 time when i applied the framebuffer kext i don't know, but it works great. Just thought i'd pass that along if anyone else is struggling with the frozen boot wheel like i was for weeks. :)

Guest: Super_LoP_*

Guest: Super_LoP_*
  • Guests

Does someone managed to got VGA out?

legot28

legot28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:tout ou presque

hello

i succesfully install 10.8.3 on my acer 7741g (i3-380) with this guide

all is ok except sleep

after sleep and wake my system freeze and hard reset is necessary

the desktop is like before sleep 

only the mouse move but have no effect when i click and only the fn key for backlight have effect

i can acces to the share rep with another desktop but i can't access to the screen share

the wake reason is allways SLPB LID0

i suppose that it's a video problem with intel hd  that can be fixed in the dsdt

if someone can take a look in the dsdt i post

thank you for the help

Attached Files

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

No and, boy!, how i tried. Same for sleep, just as the guy posting immediately above.

Chaitanya_cr8

Chaitanya_cr8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Like others in this thread, I have QE/CI (i3 370M) working but I too have low OpenGL scores. ATI 5650 (Switchable graphics disabled. No problem) 

Now the interesting part:

1) My OpenGL Cube tests never give me above 60FPS in window mode no matter what edits I do in my AGPM kext. In full screen mode this test ramps up to 380FPS range

2) Iron fist Boxing King 6 FPS (windowed or full screen)

2) If I switch screens during the test in windowed mode (move from one workspace to other) my Cube score ramps up to 200 FPS range. No such behaviour in Iron fist test.

3) In my console, I find these lines

29/08/13 6:42:39.000 PM kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor8086Device0046
29/08/13 6:42:39.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = GFX0 Initialized, Control ID 16
29/08/13 6:42:40.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(0, 0): fHwPstate = 3 fFB = 0xffffff801027f800
29/08/13 6:42:40.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 0. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
29/08/13 6:42:41.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = GFX0 G-state set to 0 from 3, ControlID = 16. SW occupancy updated.

We see that the GPU is booted into power state 3, then immediately, setAggressiveness tries to boost it to state 0 of High performance and it stays there.

But I see NO performance changes no matter what I do. Plus, the GPU never changes state after that till I restart to see the same message again.

My guess is that the GPU is unable to change states. So when Mac tries to change the state, it fails. But there is nothing in the console. Also, OpenGL performance and desktop performance are different stories. Desktop performance is Good but chess runs choppy, VLC full screen switch is choppy, etc. 

What could be the reason for this?

LVDS display(1366x768) AppleIntelHDGraphics and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB (not the alternate, the first one) No Natit (did DSDT patching)

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Hey, just want to toss my 2 cents in here. I've been following this form for a while now (thank you very much to everyone and their hard work) and thought i'd create an account to post my own experience. My system is a Toshiba L655-S5155 With an Intel core i5 430m Processor and 1st gen IGPU. The Display is a LVDS connection and thus a pretty good candidate for enabling CI/QE. I followed this guide and patched my own framebuffer, but as soon as i would reboot i would get stuck on the boot screen with a frozen wheel. i was able to remote in and discover that 10.8.4 wasn't detecting my LCD.

The solution was very simple: I had to patch the framebuffer as VGA (Not LCD) then reboot with an external monitor attached to the VGA port. The computer would then boot into OS X, display on the built-in LCD panel, and fully detect it as a built in display with full CI/QE. After it fully booted i could then freely remove the external display and use the built-in display. It continues to work just fine after numerous reboot without needing to reconnect the external display..........so why it needed it connected that 1 time when i applied the framebuffer kext i don't know, but it works great. Just thought i'd pass that along if anyone else is struggling with the frozen boot wheel like i was for weeks. :)

That's an interesting workaround lol, but hey maybe it could also be a discovery. Has any user with an eDP display tried this and see what happens?

Well technically VGA output does work, but not in the way its suppose to. For example, for my Gateway laptop (should also happen to Acer laptops as well) if you patch the framebuffer with LVDS+VGA, and you restart your computer, connect the VGA monitor once the Apple boot screen appears and at one point, the VGA display will display the exact same thing as the internal LCD. However, the VGA monitor isn't detected at all and you can't change the resolution of it. In other words, the VGA output gets activated and transmits a picture, but never actually detects the actual VGA display.

No and, boy!, how i tried. Same for sleep, just as the guy posting immediately above.

While I do have sleep working, waking up is the issue that I haven't bothered fixing. Laptop wakes up but LCD, keyboard/trackpad and usb ports are dead. Maybe in the future I'll revisit this issue and see what else to do.

Like others in this thread, I have QE/CI (i3 370M) working but I too have low OpenGL scores. ATI 5650 (Switchable graphics disabled. No problem) 

Now the interesting part:

1) My OpenGL Cube tests never give me above 60FPS in window mode no matter what edits I do in my AGPM kext. In full screen mode this test ramps up to 380FPS range

2) Iron fist Boxing King 6 FPS (windowed or full screen)

2) If I switch screens during the test in windowed mode (move from one workspace to other) my Cube score ramps up to 200 FPS range. No such behaviour in Iron fist test.

3) In my console, I find these lines

29/08/13 6:42:39.000 PM kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor8086Device0046
29/08/13 6:42:39.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = GFX0 Initialized, Control ID 16
29/08/13 6:42:40.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(0, 0): fHwPstate = 3 fFB = 0xffffff801027f800
29/08/13 6:42:40.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 0. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
29/08/13 6:42:41.000 PM kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = GFX0 G-state set to 0 from 3, ControlID = 16. SW occupancy updated.

We see that the GPU is booted into power state 3, then immediately, setAggressiveness tries to boost it to state 0 of High performance and it stays there.

But I see NO performance changes no matter what I do. Plus, the GPU never changes state after that till I restart to see the same message again.

My guess is that the GPU is unable to change states. So when Mac tries to change the state, it fails. But there is nothing in the console. Also, OpenGL performance and desktop performance are different stories. Desktop performance is Good but chess runs choppy, VLC full screen switch is choppy, etc. 

What could be the reason for this?

LVDS display(1366x768) AppleIntelHDGraphics and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB (not the alternate, the first one) No Natit (did DSDT patching)

I'm not sure if this is relevant (or necessary) but there is something that I did that I haven't explained in the guide and that was patching FakeSMC to support the native SMC version of MacBook Pro 6,2. FakeSMC uses an older SMC version that does not emulate a MacBook Pro 6,1/6,2. It did seem to improve the performance a bit, but not by much. I haven't tried emulating other SMBIOS so someone else can try that and report their findings. 

Discovered by Prasys:

http://prasys.info/2...diting-fakesmc/

Chaitanya_cr8

Chaitanya_cr8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I am unable to run OpenGL Extension Viewer in Core mode. It crashes. Runs fine in Compatibility mode.

Is it the same with everyone here?

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I am unable to run OpenGL Extension Viewer in Core mode. It crashes. Runs fine in Compatibility mode.

Is it the same with everyone here?

Umm I believe the Core profile is only for graphics cards or IGPUs that supports OpenGL 3.1+. The 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics IGPU only supports up to OpenGL 2.1 so that is why it only pops up in Compatibility profile. 

Attached Files

Chaitanya_cr8

Chaitanya_cr8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Thanks GhostRaider! Very helpful of you. I am looking into the fakesmc thing discussed above. What do you think about the AGPM issue in my case?? Any thing more I can try??

Chaitanya_cr8

Chaitanya_cr8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I tried the FakeSMC edit thing, it didn't help.

On further research, I found that when I select Apple Software Renderer instead of Intel HD Graphics, it shows "0Mb Video memory". I would like this to be confirmed. Is it the case with everyone else? Is it normal?

What I am concluding to now is that somehow, our patched frame buffers and kexts are not being used by *SOME* of the OS's engine to draw and refresh UI. Some applications which directly access the OpenGL are giving acceleration but not other such as Chess, clicking on reading list in Safari, the page moves choppily, VLC full screen switch is slow and finally, the OpenGL benchmarks are different in windowed and full screen mode which ideally must not be so. All this, I have found out by reading about the API page for OpenGL graphics implementation by Apple where there is tons of data that I didn't understand to be honest. :P 

I think I am getting on to something here. Please guide further. Is there any such thing like a plist file etc. where we can specify such stuff?  :unsure:

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I tried the FakeSMC edit thing, it didn't help.

On further research, I found that when I select Apple Software Renderer instead of Intel HD Graphics, it shows "0Mb Video memory". I would like this to be confirmed. Is it the case with everyone else? Is it normal?

What I am concluding to now is that somehow, our patched frame buffers and kexts are not being used by *SOME* of the OS's engine to draw and refresh UI. Some applications which directly access the OpenGL are giving acceleration but not other such as Chess, clicking on reading list in Safari, the page moves choppily, VLC full screen switch is slow and finally, the OpenGL benchmarks are different in windowed and full screen mode which ideally must not be so. All this, I have found out by reading about the API page for OpenGL graphics implementation by Apple where there is tons of data that I didn't understand to be honest. :P

I think I am getting on to something here. Please guide further. Is there any such thing like a plist file etc. where we can specify such stuff?  :unsure:

The only way to confirm that this issue only happens to our hackintoshes is to find someone with a 2010 MacBook Pro and disable the dedicated graphics card. In other words, force the Intel HD Graphics IGPU to do all the rendering. If there is lag, then the Apple engineers did not do a good job in coding the kexts for our IGPU. That is something that we can't fix.

I've searched Google and there are reports that the Intel HD Graphics IGPU lags even on 2010 MacBook pros while others say they don't notice anything. Again that doesn't really confirm anything.

There might be better graphics support on the final release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks as Apple said their main focus was on battery life, and well IGPUs are known to conserve power. The DP releases are not final so its best to wait for the real thing. 

I'm not sure if anyone has ever noticed but let's say you have 3 application windows open.  If you keep pressing the Mission Control button (F3) or keep clicking on the Mission Control icon, you will notice that at some points it lags and then later animations moves smoothly. How's that possible?

Another example. Pressing the Dashboard button (F4) once opens Dashboard. Pressing it again goes back to the desktop. Now, press the the Dashboard button twice and then the Mission Control button (F4). At one point, the animations will feel smooth. So keep repeating it. Keep pressing Dashboard (F4) twice, mission control (F3) twice and repeat. Eventually you'll see what I mean.

In other words, that is basically telling us that something is controlling the Intel HD Graphics power. Some points it has full power, other times it doesn't switch fast and lag appears. Again that leads us back to the AGPM kext. Either we haven't played around enough with that kext, or something else is controlling the IGPU.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,485 posts

Guys, I want to share my working SSDT table of injections (SSDT-5.aml in my case), which is loaded from /Extra. Basically, the Internal Graphic device is called IGPU, so that mean that the name come from the DSDT, previously I renamed all his declarations from GFX0. And, that's all I need... no more GE=Yes (instead I have GE=No to disable the graphic injection from Chameleon), and also I don't need Natit.kext. Just loading from SSDT injection or DSDT injection (if you prefer that way). Of course + the patched FrameBuffer (AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext) installed in /S/L/E. I hope this helps.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel GMA HD, Arrandale, Intel GMA 5700HD

11 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy