[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

GhostRaider have a few questions for you

1. What setup do you have intelHd only or some other card such as Nvidia or Ati

2. Going back i see you had some success with Snow Leopard and Qe/Ci again the answer to question one depends on this.

#Not really a question but have you though of trying out your snow setup with the resolution module. I beleive the more data we collect the more lickely we are to come up with a fix.

Something interesting would be if someone with a real mbp and intel hd, could delete their Ati or Nvidia kext living the intelhd and observe the result.This would allow us to know if intelhd is complete on its own or not,and also if it displays desktop, fuzzy screen or black screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Dears

I can get the 1388x768 in lion 10.7.0, But the AppleintelHD seems load failed, My intel HD is 0x0046. rev ox0002. but it shows oxdc008016.

How to make a screenshoot to this forum ?

Mar 4 18:54:13 andersonmengmatoiMac kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 3

Mar 4 18:54:13 andersonmengmatoiMac kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid segment type in MH_KEXT_BUNDLE kext: 42.

Mar 4 18:54:13 andersonmengmatoiMac kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics - link failed.

Mar 4 18:54:13 andersonmengmatoiMac kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics.

Mar 4 18:54:13 andersonmengmatoiMac kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics failed to load (0xdc008016).

Mar 4 18:54:13 andersonmengmatoiMac kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics (error 0xdc008016).

Mar 4 18:54:13 andersonmengmatoiMac kernel[0]: AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx

I have same effect without AAPL,os

If I add IntelHDGraphicsFB kext and IntelHDGraphics kext into Extensions folder I have full resolution an QE enable in VNC. I rename my video in dsdt to IGPU My results is here https://www.dropbox....y1/XLjcYZ4Xxt?m

Any ideas?

Hmm.. i saw your image and these are my conclusions:

Have you ever seen this topic about QE/CI? The Lenovo X201 has a resolution of 1280x800.

I also found some infos from macbooks which have an intel hd graphics. The resolutions are:

1440x900

1920x1200

and let's add the resolution of the Lenovo: 1280x800

All these resolutions are 16:10, while our is 16:9.

Coincidences?

Edited by giofrida
  • Like 1

@Giofrida:

I have a DELL Latitude E5410 (8086 0046 revision 2), native resolution 1280 x 800. Following this thread I got:

- proper resolution

- Core image

no QE though...

Try to install the original kexts and boot, if you see artifacts and distortion lines on your screen, my conclusions are totally wrong.

Try to install the original kexts and boot, if you see artifacts and distortion lines on your screen, my conclusions are totally wrong.

I've tried with the original kexts (10.8.2) and:

- with framebuffer kext I get the usual black screen. Laptop is accesible thorugh treamviewer/VNC

- without frame buffer kext I get a heavily distorted (unusable) screen. Laptop accessible through team viewer/VNC.

- Removing all IntelHD kexts I get proper resolution but no QE/CI (card is recognized as standard VGA, no DVD player, no flash videos...)

- including the kexts within this thread I get proper resolution and CI (as per first posting within this thread)

without

Edited by macandrea

I've tried with the original kexts (10.8.2) and:

- with framebuffer kext I get the usual black screen. Laptop is accesible thorugh treamviewer/VNC

- without frame buffer kext I get a heavily distorted (unusable) screen. Laptop accessible through team viewer/VNC.

- Removing all IntelHD kexts I get proper resolution but no QE/CI (card is recognized as standard VGA, no DVD player, no flash videos...)

- including the kexts within this thread I get proper resolution and CI (as per first posting within this thread)

without

Which SMBIOS are you using?

Which SMBIOS are you using?

MBP 6,1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP62.88Z.5671.B99.0867221733</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42D89C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>W834765J1GA</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

• Like 1

Hi everybody. I have follow this guide and it worked!! I'm on Packard Bell TK85 380SP.

Only one thing, the vga connector. If I plug in with the laptop off and boot it after, the image shows on external screen but not on the internal display. If I plugin the VGA after ML boots up, the external display isn't recognized. Can I enable mirroring using the VGA???

Thanks!!!

MBP 6,1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP62.88Z.5671.B99.0867221733</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42D89C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>W834765J1GA</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

OK, so my conclusions are wrong.. don't know how to help more about this topic

Thank you, I follow the instruction and core image enabled, intelhd kext loaded, but I can not see the transparent menu,when click lunch pad seems freeze,after10sec, then have display.

You have to choose between part 2 or 3. If want to try and get QE/CI skip to part 3 and follow the instructions.

In all the guides, the graphics enabler string isn't needed.

The problem is the variety of hardware. Adding it won't do any harm and it may cause problems for other computers if its not added.

I upgrade to 10.8.3 CI not work, intelhd kext loaded but openGL view only software renderer.

I hope Apple did not make huge changes in the way 10.8.3 handles Intel HD Graphics. I doubt they discovered this and changed it at the last minute.

10.8.3 is working ok, have intel "ga" as well don't know if that makes a difference

Your running the native Intel HD kexts from 10.8.3 right with AppleIntelHDGraphics, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver, AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA? and then you just patched the framebuffer with the singlelink patch?

People are saying it doesn't work, I'm not sure who's right... a screenshot from 10.8.3 would help to confirm.

Yup and now with a patched 10.8.3 framebuffer i just made Proof in screechshot attached

Set up is No DSDT

Clover latest boot loader "Clover_v2_r1174"

Fakesmc latest 5.1.41

Macbook pro 6,2 15" mid 2010

patched applecpuintelpower

you get the idea.

i tried to stay away from dsdt as i'm not in the mood of late to tinker with it and , with "plnf device" with frambuffer kext = instant reboots.

I removed all entries from natit only left os-info

I dont use any resolutions hacks either...everything graphics related left vanilla of-course with exception of intelFB

post-532802-0-67196900-1363453099_thumb.png

Yup and now with a patched 10.8.3 framebuffer i just made Proof in screechshot attached

Set up is No DSDT

Clover latest boot loader "Clover_v2_r1174"

Fakesmc latest 5.1.41

Macbook pro 6,2 15" mid 2010

patched applecpuintelpower

you get the idea.

i tried to stay away from dsdt as i'm not in the mood of late to tinker with it and , with "plnf device" with frambuffer kext = instant reboots.

I removed all entries from natit only left os-info

I dont use any resolutions hacks either...everything graphics related left vanilla of-course with exception of intelFB

Thank you for clarifying things 2bad0. B) I successfully upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with full QE/CI support.

Thank you very much GhostRaider. I used your AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (alternate one) with other kexts from manor and now I got full QE/CI working in my Dell Inspiron 1464 now. :D

Glad that this guide has helped you out and others as well. :)

Alright friends, I have updated the guide to support 10.8.3. For some reason the Intel HD Graphics IGPU seems to run a bit more smoother now. Thank you for your continued support Apple! :smoke:

I just want to clarify something that my guide does not show. I did mention about Natit, and I'm sorry that I haven't talked about it. The Natit kext is not included in none of my downloads because I completely forgot about it.

The thing is, I don't use Natit because I added a DSM method under GFX0 in my DSDT. In there, I have added the os-info that the framebuffer produces.

I'm not sure if that is why some people say that QE/CI is broken on 10.8.3. But just to confirm all is good on 10.8.3, see screenshots:

post-620531-0-86422100-1363467018_thumb.pngpost-620531-0-83339800-1363467054_thumb.png

Thank you for clarifying things 2bad0. B) I successfully upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with full QE/CI support.

Glad that this guide has helped you out and others as well. :)

Alright friends, I have updated the guide to support 10.8.3. For some reason the Intel HD Graphics IGPU seems to run a bit more smoother now. Thank you for your continued support Apple! :smoke:

I just want to clarify something that my guide does not show. I did mention about Natit, and I'm sorry that I haven't talked about it. The Natit kext is not included in none of my downloads because I completely forgot about it.

The thing is, I don't use Natit because I added a DSM method under GFX0 in my DSDT. In there, I have added the os-info that the framebuffer produces.

I'm not sure if that is why some people say that QE/CI is broken on 10.8.3. But just to confirm all is good on 10.8.3, see screenshots:

post-620531-0-86422100-1363467018_thumb.pngpost-620531-0-83339800-1363467054_thumb.png

You could include my patcher later in your topic (never mind, see this), the brightness guide from mnorthern and his next work: backlight on wake up.

However i think Natit is not needed because for example i use no DSM method in GFX0 or IGPU on my DSDT and QE/CI works the same (maybe is better remove it because it changed the name of my discrete card with 'Intel HD Graphics').