• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Upload your clover folder and a boot log, otherwise it is impossible to tell anything.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:golf
    computer
    hacking
    movie
    Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Police, Queen, St...

Weird. Now it boots fine. 

Now about the DSDT editing. I like to have system wake by mouse or keyboard. Your DSDT has "AAPL,clock-id" to prevent wake by USB devices. Do I just remove all those? I see four of them in DSDT.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Correct. As you decided to use the DSDT file, you need to disable device property injection at Devices\Inject to avoid injection of duplicates or unwanted properties.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

When using DSDT, do I still use the config.plist you provided?

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

I have stock 1402 bios and want to flash with your modded 1402, do I need to flash back to 1001 then flash to 1402 as it has write protection?

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

K3nny, is your sound working properly. I got the AppleHDA from the link you provided in #1 and using your config.plist but the sound is coming out of Black and Orange port, not from green port. Is this normal?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hi todesto,

When using DSDT, do I still use the config.plist you provided?

you can use it, but you need to remove Devices/Properties from your configuration file and disable Devices/Inject.

I have stock 1402 bios and want to flash with your modded 1402, do I need to flash back to 1001 then flash to 1402 as it has write protection?

Correct. You won't be able to flash a modified version with 1402 due to the write protection. Revert to 1001 and the protection is lifted.

K3nny, is your sound working properly. I got the AppleHDA from the link you provided in #1 and using your config.plist but the sound is coming out of Black and Orange port, not from green port. Is this normal?

I doubt that. I use stereo speakers and connected them to the green port. Try removing Devices/Properties first and see, if that helps.
Which AppleHDA do you use? You might want to try another version.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

Never mind. Stupid me. I didn't notice my volume level was at 0 when clicked internal speaker. Green port is working fine.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

Sorry for many questions. Now I am just using config.plist w/o DSDT and the system only wakes with power button. What DSDT patch do I need to remove to have system awake by USB devices?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Hi, that'ts fine. I was a bit busy the last days, didn't have much sleep, and had to focus on other things.

You only need to change the section Devices/Properties in your config.plist and remove all "AAPL,clock-id" lines.

I wrote a small how-to earlier in this thread, take a look: http://www.insanelym...v-lk/?p=1955132.

I hope this helps.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

Thanks. Do you have system freezing issue after a use for a while? It randomly freezes so that I have to reboot. Could this be my graphic card HD6870 problem? if it panics right away, it would give me a idea but after 3-4 hour then freezing..... confused.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
No freezes here.. Does your system log say anything unusual, when the freeze happens?

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

No. everything works normally, then it jiust stops. sometimes, it will just reboot. using your DSDT and config does same thing, so

I extracted DSDT using Maciasl and patched using Pjalm and Toleda clean UEFI patch and applied dedicated graphic card patch. Can you take a look if that could be a problem? I got my config.plist as minimal as possible also.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
ACPI/DSDT/Fixes - since you use a patched DSDT, disable Clover's DSDT fixes. Just keep NewWay_80000000 and enable FixRegions_10000000 to be on the safe side.
ACPI/SSDT/DropOem - disable it. Use Pike's script to generate an SSDT for your CPU and you won't need (and should not) to drop any OEM tables.
Devices/Audio/Inject - audio is patched in your DSDT, disable it.

Otherwise it looks good.

I don't know what Pjalm's and toleda's patches do exactly, but the DSDT looks fine at first sight.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

Thank you.

from reading other thread, I thought you have to DropOEM SSDT = Yes, Generate P, C state = No when you have SSDT in ACPI/patched folder.

I was using Z68 board with same stuffs and never had problem freezing or panic once I booted and got it going. (I had to check fixHPET in config.plist, without it, the system will boot operate for about 3, 4 minutes then will have kernel panic)  So I am thinking it has to do with something similar?

The difference I have with this Z77 board is I don't my HD6870 identified in DSDT.  Freezing after using 4.5 hour usage could be from Graphic card?

but it seems it freezes right around 4 hour usage.  So I am thinking it has to do with power management.  I was using SSDT made from Z68 board, so I remade SSDT from this board.

I also edited IOPlatformplugin to get speedstep working as macbook pro8,3 ( I have MacPro5,1 SMBIOS) and HD6870 added to AGPM (added to FakeSMC).  But cold this cause freeze after 4+ hour usage? when you have bad kext, it should panic right away upon boot?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
It all depends on the methods in the extra SSDT. The main thing is that there are no duplicates between the methods in the original ACPI tables and the injected ones.
Clover uses a rather old method to generate the states, which collides with the methods in the original ACPI tables and you need to drop some of them. When using Piker's script, this doesn't happen.
Besides, there are multiple SSDT tables with info about your SATA ports, for example, which should not be dropped.

I think the best way is to start with as few modifications to the system as possible, add them one by one with long test runs in between. This way you will eventually figure out, what causes the crashes. You can also try to disable unneeded devices in the BIOS, like the COM port or the ASMedia USB ports.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

Thank you so much for clarifying that.  You mean there are SSDT table in my DSDT?

Anyway, I figured it has to do with power management so I put vanilla IOplatformplugin kext and it seems to work as I was able to use past 6 hour mark which wasn't able to do. 

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

The DSDT and SSDT are both ACPI tables. DSDT is the main one, SSDTs act as extensions for it. In the end both types end up in one place, so it is important not to have the same function in both the DSDT and an SSDT, for example.

Glad to head it worked.

I always wondered about video power management, as I have an AMD card myself. I did some tests with IOPlatformPlugin earlier and couldn't see any difference.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
    computer
    hacking
    movie

well, got attacked by freezing again! It was after a day use. I used for half day, slept the system, came back next day, woke it up, it was working for about 3 hours, then froze.   :(

I believe it has to do with power management so I checked my SSDT (recreate one), checked Fix HPET in clover, others same then installed 10.10.1 update then reboot and checked everything in clover GUI and found something strange.  

in CPU setting, I notice CPU clock showing Turbo clock at 66?  I had everything auto in bios, so I set everything manual in bios including clock speed, reboot, now CPU show correct clock speed. Rebooted w/o problem and was able to use until I left office.  Hope it works throughout the day today.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asus, p8z77-v lk, dsdt, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy