Booting trouble Mac OSX 10.7.3 Niresh's!

mac osx booting amd fx 8150 stuck at grey screen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

didair

didair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:PHP
Hello! I'm a Hackintosh newbie but i after a while managed to install Niresh's AMD Mac OSX 10.7.3 but when i try booting i get stuck at the grey screen (no apple logo) and after a while it looks like this:
http://fiskbugg.se/fb/img_01031.jpg (Had to link it the uploader didn't cooperate)

I Now boot it with:
"Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386 -v
The same thing happens when i try w/out -v

Any suggestions? Or is it anyone that already have solved this problem?
Specs:
AMD FX-8150
ATI Radeon HD4870
1x 4GB Corsair RAM (Took out one stick)

M83

M83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Medicine and Make-Up
At the boot type the Chameleon function GraphicsEnabler=Yes
if it doesn't work boot using the flag -x to come to desktop.

didair

didair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

At the boot type the Chameleon function GraphicsEnabler=Yes
if it doesn't work boot using the flag -x to come to desktop.

No. I'm sorry but that didn't work. Thanks for the quick reply.

M83

M83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Medicine and Make-Up
Try GraphicsEnabler=NO -x

if it doesn't work try with the other connector of the graphics card

didair

didair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Try GraphicsEnabler=NO -x

if it doesn't work try with the other connector of the graphics card

Nope, still no luck. I'm getting pissed at this. y u no work
Combinations I have tried:
"Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386 -v
"Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386
"Kernel Cache"=\amd -x and or -v (Got stuck at Apple logo)
"Kernel Cache"=\amd GraphicsEnabler=Yes / No (Got stuck at Apple logo)
"Kernel Cache"=\amd GraphicsEnabler=Yes / No -x and or -v (Got stuck at Apple logo)
Also I have tried all these combinations in both the Chimera bootloader and when booting from the DVD and selecting the HDD. So I think you can understand I'm getting a bit frustrated.. :wallbash:

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Are you certain this Niresh thing offers working AMD kernel? I have never seen this boot flag "Kernel Cache"=\amd but would make a lot more sense if it were written as Kernel Cache="amd"

Why double quote the command and then use a \ to escape a space before the variable name? And even then it would be "Kernel Cache"= \amd with a space after the = just observation, never used this on AMD so way your doing it maybe right

you will never boot from the retail DVD without a patched AMD kernel included in the bootloader. I hope you realize AMD is not supported and takes additional efforts to get working and will always require a patched kernel be used and it must be specific to the OS revision #

didair

didair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Are you certain this Niresh thing offers working AMD kernel? I have never seen this boot flag "Kernel Cache"=\amd but would make a lot more sense if it were written as Kernel Cache="amd"

Why double quote the command and then use a \ to escape a space before the variable name? And even then it would be "Kernel Cache"= \amd with a space after the = just observation, never used this on AMD so way your doing it maybe right

you will never boot from the retail DVD without a patched AMD kernel included in the bootloader. I hope you realize AMD is not supported and takes additional efforts to get working and will always require a patched kernel be used and it must be specific to the OS revision #

Hi thanks for the answer! Niresh's build includes a AMD kernel and I am muc aware that AMD os not supported by default. I have no idea if you are right about the command but i used it to boot the installer DVD and install sucessfully. I am currently re installing and was just wondering if i maybe should skip installing the Chimera bootloader?

When I get a grip off this whole Hackintosh thing I will seriously make my own AMD pack. :-)
P.S im on my iPad sorry for crappy writing. Ask if u dont understand

didair

didair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I fixed it! Re installed my mac and im now running it with: UseKernelCache=amd arch=i386
It starts in notime and all apps like Safari and Finder pop up like a bolt.
Now i only need to fix my screen res and network drivers... :P EDIT: I changed my screen resolution in the control panel and it works fine! :) but how do I install the drivers? I know i included them when I installed Mac OS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, osx, booting, amd, fx, 8150, stuck at grey screen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy