BIOS patch power management UEFI

• Please log in to reply
1710 replies to this topic

CodeRush

CodeRush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 412 posts

@Aigors, thank you for reporting, I'm aware of this problem, it will be fixed in 0.19.3 release soon.

UPD: UEFITool 0.19.2 build for OSX is updated, must be working now. 

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf
    computer
    hacking
    movie
    Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Police, Queen, St...

Thank you for your great work, CodeRush. I tried to flash my P8Z77-V LK bios with modded one using FTK tool. (wordpress site no longer has your tools....). Followed your instruction, renaming bios file to bios.bin, flashed using biosrefl, went thru and showed "FTP Operation Passed", then waited little more and got error saying Error 280 : Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space! as shown in the picture attached.

Is my board flashed or not?

Attached Files

Mactinos

Mactinos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Grab your BIOS file and drop it onto UEFIPatch binary, if .patched file is generated - some patches were applied.

On this screenshot you can clearly see "Usage: UEFIPatch image_file", so the only parameter you need is the path to tour BIOS file. Once, not twice or more.

Hi CodeRush,

I'm using MSI Z87 MPower, and when I grabbed my latest BIOS (7818) to UEFIPatch, nothing happened.

So what can i do to patch my BIOS?

It seems like I need to patch my BIOS to install OS X.

Thanks.

ZhuangJW

ZhuangJW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Can it patch the Notebooks' BIOS image-file ?

ikkoku

ikkoku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

@ikkoku, there is no way to check it without trying and I don't know any reliable method to flash modified BIOS on notebooks, so please just use Clover's patching engine, if you don't have a SPI flasher to use dump/patch/reflash approach.

Just to report back.

I used this guide http://www.win-raid....-using-AFU.html

used afudos to extract bios

patch extracted bios with UEFIPatch

used afudos (using /P /B /K flags) to flash bios back

rebooted to windows

shutdown and used afudos to extract new bios

tests

1) tried to use uefipatch and it says something like string not found or nothing to patch

2) searched for the 75 string with UEFITool but not found.  EB string found

3) use RWEverything and searched for 0xE2 converted string to binary bit 15 is 0

I'm hoping that the three tests confirms that it was patched correctly and flashed successfully

This is for Asus notebook Q301LA (whch is the same as S301LA) with S301LAAS.214 rom version

Take the above info with a grain of salt.  You can brick your notebook if you try to flash with a modded bios.  

crushers

crushers

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh,Windows,Linux and any more OS

@CodeRush 

Please post video or something how to patch bios.

I drag my bios file on UEFIPmpatch but always blink CMD windows and nothing.

Thanks in advanced!!

Hack24

Hack24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Can you help me with my mobo?  I patched it and it gives me the Security Verification Failed and I don't have a button for usb flashback or any info on it in the manual.  Mine's the ASUS Z77-A it isn't the sabertooth or nothing.

http://support.asus....=Z77-A&p=1&s=39

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf
    computer
    hacking
    movie
    Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Police, Queen, St...

Can you help me with my mobo?  I patched it and it gives me the Security Verification Failed and I don't have a button for usb flashback or any info on it in the manual.  Mine's the ASUS Z77-A it isn't the sabertooth or nothing.

http://support.asus....=Z77-A&p=1&s=39

You need to flash to older bios which doesn't have MSR lock, then flash with modded bios.

Hack24

Hack24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

You need to flash to older bios which doesn't have MSR lock, then flash with modded bios.

I couldn't do the oldest 0402 but went to the next one up at 0403 and tried from there with no luck still.

chriz74

chriz74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I got a problem with an asus laptop, I patched the bios version 211 for x301a. However the file becomes invalid for flashing, upon further research I found out that the bios has SMI lock, I tried to set that bit to 0 (as in this thread) but it resets itself to 1. By the way the dumped rom is 2k shorter than downloaded rom (6144KB vs 6146KB), did anyone apart the guy who bricked his laptop succesfully flash a patched rom using the /GAN option in AFU ? I don't have an eprom programmer and I prefer not trying this without further knowledge.

hammer87

hammer87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Confirmed working on P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3. I tested version 3202, 3304 and 3603. All works ok, flashed by bupdater under dos.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BIOS, patch, power management, UEFI

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy