[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I managed to patcvh my bios using pmpatch last year. No I would like to update my bios and take the opprtunity to patch it using UEFIpatch; the issue is that I do not manage (had no issue with pmpatch) I always end up with an error no matter if I try on OS X or on Windows :(

Could someone help by applying the patch to the bios file in attchment (NB: MSI Z87 Mpower MAX)

Thanks a million !!!

Gipsy

7815v19.zip

Hi,

I managed to patcvh my bios using pmpatch last year. No I would like to update my bios and take the opprtunity to patch it using UEFIpatch; the issue is that I do not manage (had no issue with pmpatch) I always end up with an error no matter if I try on OS X or on Windows :(

Could someone help by applying the patch to the bios file in attchment (NB: MSI Z87 Mpower MAX)

Thanks a million !!!

Gipsy

What do you want to do? do you know the purpose of pmpatch? it's' not boot vanilla osx on pc, it's only to avoid to use AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement kext, to boot vanilla osx you need to patch your bios with ozmosis and not with pmpatch.

I know exactly what it does (as mentionned I did it before with pmpatch) I want to reinstall everything and take the opportunity to apply the uefipatch to my bios but since I have not managed (cant say that there are many explanations or at least not straight forward) I'm asking for help here . This ozmosis seems too complex to use; I'll stay with UEFIpatch.   :)

E7815IMS-patched.190.zip

Try at your own risk 

What do you want to do? do you know the purpose of pmpatch? it's' not boot vanilla osx on pc, it's only to avoid to use AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement kext, to boot vanilla osx you need to patch your bios with ozmosis and not with pmpatch.

you're a star :) I'll first backup my current bios and try this one; if there are issues, i'll roll back

cheers :)

are you using a spi programmer to backup your original bios? 

Who can explain step by step how to use PMPatch. Please pic or post terminal how to use this pack.

Thanks in advanced.

PMPatch as know obsolete, you have to use uefipatch, it's' simple, download uefipatch, extract it in some folder, put your bios in the same folder, run UEFIpatch bios.name, you have to see some infos about Patching.. excetera, if you read patched, your bios it's' ready and patched, if you see some weird message, post the messages before use the bios.

P.S. you have to use UEFIpatch from msdos prompt if you are using windows, from terminal if you are using Linux or OSX

It's simple, you dont need patch, search in bios settings, you should find some settings about power management, under MS registry you shuold unlock bit 15 

Ok thank you for answer but how work this. Please pic and attach.Does not have to be my bios can any.

Ok thank you for answer but how work this. Please pic and attach.Does not have to be my bios can any.

I can't attach any pic because in dont have your mainboard so, i dont know where exactly is this specific settings 

Crushers, its pretty simple:

1. Download latest version of UEFITool.

2. Open your BIOS file. If it fails to open, check it for being UEFI BIOS. Legacy ones are not supported.

3. Select "File->Search..." (or press Ctrl+F) and enter "75080FBAE80F89442430" as hex pattern, set search scope to "Body only".

4. Look for "Hex pattern found" string in Messages field, double-click on it to select found section. If not found - you have nonstandard BIOS that needs to be studied further, please upload it here.

5. Press RMB on found section and select "Extract body..." action. "Save file..." dialog will open, enter the name of file to save, for example, "pm.bin", and press Save.

6. Open saved file with hex editor, find that "75080FBAE80F89442430" pattern once again, replace 75 to EB and save modified file.

7. Select the same section you have found in step 4, press RMB and select "Replace body..." action. Select your modified "pm.bin" file in "Open file..." dialog, that will open and press Open. Old section will be marked "Remove", and another section marked "Replace" will be added after it.

8. Select "File->Save image file..." (or press Ctrl+S) and save your modified BIOS.

9. Reopen the saved file to see that it opens correctly.

10. Flash the result with any suitable method.

• Like 2

@CodeRush

What is this error?

5/17/15 11:18:29.000 AM kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c

It's' not about uefipatch, Osx doesn't recognize your CPU , read ozmosis thread to know howto to avoid it 

• 1 month later...