[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

oSxFr33k, RMB is an acronym for right mouse button. Make 209 patch yourself, there is nowhere to make any mistake there.

ranza, please update to this BIOS first and then you can make a BIOS dump, patch it and flash it back. You need special updater because of BIOS platform update and ME firmware major version change. I can extract BIOS image from that executable, but it will brick your system if not flashed properly.

ASRock H61M VS - Bios Version 2.70

Bios patched and updated BIOS flashed to M.board - all fine.

The little testing I have done seems not to allow native power management - it just KP's,

so I just used NullCPUPM adding GenerateP and C states in org.chamelion.Boot.plist.

Im pretty much a noob with hacintoshes so it is very possible that it would work with native power management if one knew how.

Thanks.

nick 

i bought an asrock h87m updated to bios 2.20...but i cant install osx in anyway...maybe depends from this patch?!i tried using pandora installer but stuck on pci configurstion begin...someone can tell me why?!and how can resolve?

Agostino:

This is not the place to post about general issues with installation, your question is off topic, please create a new topic somewhere else.

This topic is for discussing PMPatch and related issues.

Unless I remember wrong, if you're stuck at PCI Configuration Begin then your boot process is past the point where it would have kernel panic'd if your MSR 0xE2 was locked.

Ranza:

CodeRush already told you what you have to do:

ranza, please update to this BIOS first and then you can make a BIOS dump, patch it and flash it back.

Agostino9446, this BIOS is factory unlocked, no need to patch it.

ranza, please use patched kext for 10.8 and patched kernel for 10.9\10.10, if you can't dump your BIOS. I can't help you any further.

nicksoph, I would try to start 10.9 installer for USB flash on unlocked BIOS to test it, if it also KPs - there are still unpatched locking code somewhere. You can use NCPM.kext further, if sleep mode is not a problem for you.

I have just finished alpha stage of long awaited PMPatch successor, first release is now pushed to UEFITool repository.

The new utility is called UEFIPatch and uses UEFITool's engine to patch files inside UEFI images without unpacking them on disk.

It's a command-line utility, but I tried to make it both easier to use and more powerful then PMPatch.

Simple usage: unpack this archive to any folder with write permissions, copy your BIOS image to that folder and drag the copied image onto executable file. If any of patches from patches.txt is applied, new file with .patched extension will be created.

Advanced usage: run the program from terminal without any parameters to see it's advanced usage help text, read commentaries in patches.txt to be able to add your own patches.

UEFIPatch doesn't aims to replace UEFITool in any way, it's made just for making patching a bit easier (and to test the engine, of course).

GUI for patching will soon be added to UEFITool too.

I'm waiting for your feedback and possible bugreports, thank you all in advance. And for now PMPatch is officially dead, BTW. ;) 

• Like 8

ranza, please use patched kext for 10.8 and patched kernel for 10.9\10.10, if you can't dump your BIOS. I can't help you any further.

I am beginner in this world

What patched kext

which kernel patched

Thanks

ranza, go read some topic about OSX installation for beginners and return after getting some experience. I have no more help for you here, repeating the basics written in the first post of this topic on each page of it makes me angry.

• Like 1

ranza, go read some topic about OSX installation for beginners and return after getting some experience. I have no more help for you here, repeating the basics written in the first post of this topic on each page of it makes me angry.

I install osx 10.9.3 the run I have everything working except the speedstep, that read should I patch the bips for 2011

Thanks the same

I have just finished alpha stage of long awaited PMPatch successor, first release is now pushed to UEFITool repository.

The new utility is called UEFIPatch and uses UEFITool's engine to patch files inside UEFI images without unpacking them on disk.

It's a command-line utility, but I tried to make it both easier to use and more powerful then PMPatch.

Simple usage: unpack this archive to any folder with write permissions, copy your BIOS image to that folder and drag the copied image onto executable file. If any of patches from patches.txt is applied, new file with .patched extension will be created.

Advanced usage: run the program from terminal without any parameters to see it's advanced usage help text, read commentaries in patches.txt to be able to add your own patches.

UEFIPatch doesn't aims to replace UEFITool in any way, it's made just for making patching a bit easier (and to test the engine, of course).

GUI for patching will soon be added to UEFITool too.

I'm waiting for your feedback and possible bugreports, thank you all in advance. And for now PMPatch is officially dead, BTW. ;)

Thnx for the new tool. I think i'm ok now with x79-ud3 rev1.1 Gigabyte bios f20

Letest (28juli15); uefi tool with beta bios (F21) from http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios-429.html

Finaly!! always perfect working sleep/wake

X79UD3pm.F20.zip

X79-UD3 F21e beta MOD rev3 & pm.zip

S500CASS.204 is the BIOS download from ASUS SUPPORT.

reconstruct: Aptio capsule checksum and signature can now become invalid

afuwin.rom is the BIOS i extract with Afuwin.

Image patched.

Asus S500CA bios: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/S500CA/S500CAAS204.zip

now im really confused, what file i need to use to flash my bios?

thanks a lot .

intel i5 3371U
asus s500ca
v.bios 204

post-1348108-0-33953900-1403193661_thumb.jpg

You need to flash S500CASS.204.patched file with AFU /GAN (it still has capsule header from original file).

OSX binaries for UEFIExtract and UEFIPatch are uploaded. 

You need to flash S500CASS.204.patched file with AFU /GAN (it still has capsule header from original file).

OSX binaries for UEFIExtract and UEFIPatch are uploaded. 

C:\Users\paul\Downloads\amiflash\amiflash\Aptio\afuwin\64\afuwin64\AfuWin64>AFUW
INx64.EXE S500CAAS.204.patched /GAN
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                 AMI Firmware Update Utility  v3.05.04                     |
|      Copyright ©2013 American Megatrends Inc. All Rights Reserved.      |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reading flash ............... done
3 - Error: ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size.

C:\Users\paul\Downloads\amiflash\amiflash\Aptio\afuwin\64\afuwin64\AfuWin64>

hi, im' reading everything related and havn't found the answers yet.

i just bought an Asus z77-a mobo, it does not have the flashback option so i need to rely on other techniques to get the modified bios to work. i'm aware of the afwin /gan method, but i didnt' see any report of success with it. also the regional lock introduced in asus z77 mobos, i'm not sure wthers this affect me or not and if pmapatch already takes care of it.

can someone please guide me here as i want to get my mobo with lthe latest bios version and patched so i can build a hackintosh in int

Hi, everything you need is in the first post. All methods described do work as long as you stick to the instructions. Besides, CodeRush wouldn't include an error-prone method, despite his name. :P

The regions locks are bypassed with /gan, as you can read in this topic.

• Like 1

k3nny, this "error-prone" method relays on AMI's SMIFlash code, that is nether error-prone, nor available on every AMI-based BIOS.

Most vendors have developed their own flash routines, and using SMIFlash may be compatible with them, and may be not, no one will test it.

So if this method works - cool, if not - you brick your PC and need a programmer and full SPI chip dump to bring it back to life. 

I must say thousand times: all BIOS flashes are risky, even "normal" "vendor-way-done" ones, and hardware SPI programmer is your only "95%-error-prone" option.

• Like 2