[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

This is an example of a good notebook vendor that can hear it's users, even if it must take 2 years to finally realize their needs. :)

No more pmpatch for this notebook then. 

• Like 1

Hey i have sucessfully patched the Bios of my Asrock Z87M Pro4, but now i can't flash it.

When i try it with the Instant Flash it says Security verification failed
then i tried it with afuwinx64.exe but my windows 8 freezes  :(
now with afudos there appears a blinking cursor but nothing happend ... i have to press the reset button.

Have you maybe an idea how i can flash my bios ?

Open you BIOS in UEFITool, press right mouse button on "AMI Aptio capsule" item (top of the items tree), select "Extract body..." and save the result to bios.bin file.

You can now flash this file without any verifications, it's a useful feature available only on Asrock boards.

Let me say a big thanks for creating these great tools. :yes:

I no longer am in need for the binary for PMPatch for OS X since I built it myself and it patches the MSI Z87-G45 UEFI fine according to the Terminal output:

PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002C65D0 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007AF500 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

Whether the output'ed file will break my MSI board or not only time will tell. I'm getting parts together for the build.

original text

However...

I have a request for the PMPatch utility binary for OS X to be uploaded to the sendspace folder again if possible? It's the only tool that worked for me. Even on OS X the tool worked perfectly when patching the UEFI BIOS of the Z87-G43 MSI board(When on a real OS X system before building the hac). Now I want to build a similar system but with a Z87-G45 board instead. I just need the latest PMPatch binary for OS X.

I can't confirm anything here, I personally tried the patch only on ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z and Zotac Z77 ITX, but I see no reasons for the patch not to work on your board.

Hi, i would like to flash pmpatched bios on asus z97i-plus, but if pmaptch downloaded bios, ezflash inside bios refuse to flash, someone knows a valid methof that dont involve use of spi programmer? in this mobo bios chip is soldered and it can be hard to program using clips 

Hi Riley, thanks fro the answer, in this mobo i dont have button for flashback so, i dont know how to start flashback procedure, in the manual is wrote that i have to use mobo CD but is not specified where i have to put usb key, in what specific usb slot.

The port is marked green on the IO shield (you can see a pic of it here).

I'm guessing that if you have a USB stick with the BIOS file on it that it will automatically start flashback on power up? It is strange that there's no button to start it. Is there anything in the BIOS settings? Maybe under USB...

• Like 1

Hi, as you can see PM problem it's' fixed due to bios options to disable bit15 but remains ozmosis problem, i dont know howto flash bios with modules in 

post-840738-0-72250600-1405257107_thumb.jpg

Hi Riley, thanks fro the answer, in this mobo i dont have button for flashback so, i dont know how to start flashback procedure, in the manual is wrote that i have to use mobo CD but is not specified where i have to put usb key, in what specific usb slot.

post-217399-0-90151600-1405257449_thumb.png

that's what they tell on their website ;)

it's most likely the reset button in your case

edit, found in the manual:

USB BIOS Flashback
USB BIOS Flashback offers a hassle-free updating solution for your ultimate convenience.
Install a USB storage device containing the BIOS file, press the Reset button for about three
seconds, and the UEFI BIOS is automatically updated even without entering the existing
BIOS or operating system. It also allows you to regularly check for UEFI BIOS updates, and
download the latest BIOS automatically.

Good news :D the procedure runs well i'v successfully flashvack bios with ozmosis stuffs  thanks Ryley 

ok, but you'll need the "Bios Renamer for USB BIOS Flashback and Crashfree BIOS 2" from the downloads section for getting the correct recovery name.

Yes i know the trick,  but if you use UBU stuff to update orom, he rename itself the bios, now i'm installing mavericks on m2 disk 

I have notebook asus p551c and i had to use afuwin64 under windows to update bios, if you can, use windows to use afuwin64 afudos, maybe doesent work 

Flashing modified BIOS on ASUS P8xxx boards (and similar ROG ones) with FTK

Requirements

1. Latest version of FTK for DOS. Link is here.

I noticed there are 2 versions of FTK.  When it refer's to "8x series" is that referring to the board series (ie. P"8"Z68-V Pro/Gen3)? 

• 3 weeks later...

I used UEFIPatch to create a patched version of the 3602 BIOS currently installed on my Sabertooth P67, which seemed to have gone alright.

Before I flash it I'd like to know if I can just flash it (have to do it twice, apparently) or if I have to extract the extra information first.

Which way to flash is the safest?

Lastly, will my RAID information be preserved? I'm worried that it will get deleted and that I will have difficulties rebuilding the array.

Hi CodeRush,

I got this BIOS from ASRock it is for my Z87 Extreme6AC board. Since I still have problem install OSX. I want to verify that it was patched as I ask them to do. So I use your tool UEFITool v0.18.5_win to search for the string "75080FBAE80F89442430" but It didn't find anything on the message pane. Could you help me verify this? I'm greatly appreciated it.

Z87E6ACL2.35.zip

@supraTT, this BIOS is factory unlocked, no need to patch anything.

@naujoks, flash the latest version of your BIOS normal way, then make a BIOS dump with FTK (biosbck.bat), patch it (UEFIPatch) and flash it back (restore.bat).