[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

@Arkanis:

I read your previous posts again and as far as I understand you cannot flash the modified BIOS? Try the method I described a few posts earlier (link).

To summarize: 1. Backup using fpt, 2. Patch with PMPatch, 3. Flash using fpt.

You can find more information about fpt in post #4.

EDIT: I'm not sure fpt will work with your board. If it doesn't, you can try using flashrom instead.

Kenny,

Thank you for your reply, very kind of you. I tried PMPatch already but this is the message I get :

PowerManagement module at 006cb690 not patched : Patch pattern not found.

PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.

AMI nest modules not found.

Phoenix nets modules not found.

CpuPei module at 007c72b0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

My firmware is AptioV I believe from AMI, I know the board isn't the standard one since the Z9PE-D8 WS is a dual Xeon CPU board. I know it's MSR 0xE2 locked since the Asus guy confirmed that.

I don't really know what to do next... :-/ and sadly I'm not enough well versed in binary coding to do this myself.

K3nny:

Thank you for your help, do you want me to dump the bios portion usin the AMI tools ? Or FPT that you linked ? (I can try both in fact and send both if you want).

Thanks again, will send you the file in 30". sent !

A.

@terrybogard21:

Look at post #1365.

So from my understanding, I need to make a DOS bootable USB drive. Run FPT; run the first CMD line to backup my current bios & then run the second CMD line to upload the patched bios I got off CodeRush's site? This should allow me to run OSX without the NULLCPUmanagement issue correct?

Just seemed easier with FTK.

Edit: 

I assume I did things correctly. Have no way based on the guides to check. 

I made a DOS-Bootable drive. Copied the FPT DOS version over. Renamed the Patched Bios for my motherboard to bios.mod

Restart ~

ran the 1st command line

then ran the 2nd command line

waited for the FPT operation to finish. 

poweroff or any other commands didn't work so I did a simple restart

Prayed I didn't just ruin a bios.

System booted up with a bios number of 3903x64 down from 4101x64 that was the latest from ASUS. 

Guess the only next step is to try & install ML. 

Edit Edit:

I also noticed that I was also getting the same error the above poster was when trying to use PMPatch within Windows to patch my own bios. The method I was doing, was probably incorrect. 

@terrybogard21:

I don't see any error. If you mean hih64's screenshot, the output is fine as stated in the first post.

@everyone else:

Read the first post carefully. Stick to the instructions provided by CodeRush in his opening post. Everything you need is described there.

Flashing with the /gan switch will bypass BIOS locks set by BLE bit and also descriptor region locks. FPT just makes things more complicated in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

@CodeRush

I may possess a notebook Toshiba C75 a 154, I need a bios mod Can you please help me?

Toshiba Satellite C75-A-154

Prozessor: Intel® Core™ i5

Prozessornummer: 4200M

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,5 GigahertzGrafikkartenhersteller: Intel®

Grafikkartentyp: HD Graphics 4600

Laufwerke: Slim DVD-Supermulti

There is an immediate reboot, and I do not even get to the installation.

http://uploaded.net/file/098ko11s

@rus54:

What exactly do you need help with? The actual BIOS file can be found at the path I posted above. You can patch it using PMPatch and try to flash it using the tool in your archive.

If it doesn't work, refer to the first post where alternative methods are described.

I've got an ASUS H87M-E - I've tried flashing with fpt.exe but I get an error when running the backup command:

Error 201: [FPT.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor.

Is this related to my motherboard or current BIOS or something else? Should I try an alternative method of flashing?

Thanks

I've got an ASUS H87M-E - I've tried flashing with fpt.exe but I get an error when running the backup command:

Error 201: [FPT.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor.

Is this related to my motherboard or current BIOS or something else? Should I try an alternative method of flashing?

Thanks

you'll need intel fpt for series 8 ; )

Hi CodeRush,

I get error when trying to your PMPatch.    my MB is Gigabyte Z87x-UD5h V1.0

c:\Users\Sky\Desktop\PMpatch>PMPatch.exe Z87XUD5H.f8 123.rom

PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 0020958C not patched: Patch pattern not found.
AMI nest module at 00310048 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in nested module.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00F949C0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

c:\Users\Sky\Desktop\PMpatch>PMPatch.exe Z87XUD5H.f9 123.rom
PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002095AC not patched: Patch pattern not found.
AMI nest module at 00310048 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in nested module.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00F949C0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

What i tried:
  1. download the latest BOIS(F9) and F8 from Gigabyte website, both get the same error
  2. try to rename the BOIS file, for example from XXX.f9 to XXX.rom, but issue persists

please advise how i can do so, thank you for advance.

the report from AIDA64 attached

Report.txt