• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

Did you tried backup by Acronis True Image and restore by it ?

TimeMachine wont help.

HideouslyRandom3141279

HideouslyRandom3141279

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:PC repair, troubleshooting, tweaking, the whole nine yards...
It's a good job I keep the serial numbers of all my old Apple gear lying around... Simply changed the relevant settings in smbios.plist to include my very dead MBP's serial # and all is good.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

It's a good job I keep the serial numbers of all my old Apple gear lying around... Simply changed the relevant settings in smbios.plist to include my very dead MBP's serial # and all is good.

Where did you find the serial number on that old MPB?

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Which settings did you change? I changed the serial number to one of my macbook pros but it didn't fix the problem. What properties in smbios.plist did you change?

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Which settings did you change? I changed the serial number to one of my macbook pros but it didn't fix the problem. What properties in smbios.plist did you change?

same questions

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts

Maybe you have to set your model to your real mac's. And those related info must be the same to your real mac as well.

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

TimeMachine wont help.

I'm using Acronis True Image to backup and i think it's helped me :)

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

i doubt it, bro

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts

All I can do is wish you success though I don't really think it may work out.

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
when 10.8.3 released, i will try restore that backup and testing about it :)

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 190 posts
If you load your hackintosh Disk to a real Mac, and access iMessage it works fine. Transfer it back and it does not work.

Perhaps a fix might lie in Fakesmc.kext as it is that file that persuades OSX it is running on real Mac hardware.

Come on you Devs out there any ideas as many would appreciate it. I would also confirm that the problem is confined to hacks irrespective of whether they are booted with Chameleon or the amazing Clover....

Perhaps Mr. Slice a Fakesmc expert might consider what the issues are.???

Pleeeeze....

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
That sounds promising

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

I'd be very interested to here some more on this? Log out and back in? Detailed specs for hack and Mac? Hasn't worked for anyone else who's tried, so if it has for you than it would be insanely important info! Even the still logged in ones and restored from backups will still fail in a few days, they all seem to be auto-logging out at some point:(

fffeee

fffeee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I'd be very interested to here some more on this? Log out and back in? Detailed specs for hack and Mac? Hasn't worked for anyone else who's tried, so if it has for you than it would be insanely important info! Even the still logged in ones and restored from backups will still fail in a few days, they all seem to be auto-logging out at some point:(

I think the authorization just expires after n days; that's the way other services in the iCloud/ubiquity family handle it any rate.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts

I think the authorization just expires after n days; that's the way other services in the iCloud/ubiquity family handle it any rate.

n is my unlucky number :)

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I'm pretty sure that Apple's just switched their authorization method to have a limited number of activations per machine serial number. If someone uploads a generic smbios.plist, then the people who download will all be using the same serial number. I think that if you generate a serial number using Chameleon Wizard it'll get fixed.

Oh, and OP, where did you get the idea that Apple was banning Hackintosh to iCloud? I think it's more of a security issue than anything.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I just used my girlfriend's old Powerbook G4's serial and it didnt work.

I was just being dramatic when i said banned

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Trying to modify my smbios to match an old Powerbook G4 I have lying around here, but all I see is the serial number. I dont know what I should do with the other numbers. DOing it with hopes that it will fix the "iMessage hackintosh ban"

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
BANNED!!??
Attached File  1232550297_Dramatic chipmunk.gif   629.93KB   32 downloads
Generating a new serial via tried and true methods, "borrowed" from matching real Mac and/or change UUID doesn't fix it. It's been over 2 weeks, I think all the easy stuff has been tried already :) On older Intel Mac's the UUID 00000000-0000-1000-8000-<EthernetMACAddress>, anyone know exactly when that changed?

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

BANNED!!??
Generating a new serial via tried and true methods, "borrowed" from matching real Mac and/or change UUID doesn't fix it. It's been over 2 weeks, I think all the easy stuff has been tried already :) On older Intel Mac's the UUID 00000000-0000-1000-8000-<EthernetMACAddress>, anyone know exactly when that changed?

What are we gonna do if this can't be fixed?

BANNED!!??

Bro, your 2000th post is coming up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy