iMessage on Hackintosh Banned

dannymichel

79 posts in this topic

Which settings did you change? I changed the serial number to one of my macbook pros but it didn't fix the problem. What properties in smbios.plist did you change?

Maybe you have to set your model to your real mac's. And those related info must be the same to your real mac as well.

I'm using Acronis True Image to backup and i think it's helped me :)

All I can do is wish you success though I don't really think it may work out.

• Like 1

If you load your hackintosh Disk to a real Mac, and access iMessage it works fine. Transfer it back and it does not work.

Perhaps a fix might lie in Fakesmc.kext as it is that file that persuades OSX it is running on real Mac hardware.

Come on you Devs out there any ideas as many would appreciate it. I would also confirm that the problem is confined to hacks irrespective of whether they are booted with Chameleon or the amazing Clover....

Perhaps Mr. Slice a Fakesmc expert might consider what the issues are.???

Pleeeeze....

It's a good job I keep the serial numbers of all my old Apple gear lying around... Simply changed the relevant settings in smbios.plist to include my very dead MBP's serial # and all is good.

I'd be very interested to here some more on this? Log out and back in? Detailed specs for hack and Mac? Hasn't worked for anyone else who's tried, so if it has for you than it would be insanely important info! Even the still logged in ones and restored from backups will still fail in a few days, they all seem to be auto-logging out at some point:(
  • Like 2

I'd be very interested to here some more on this? Log out and back in? Detailed specs for hack and Mac? Hasn't worked for anyone else who's tried, so if it has for you than it would be insanely important info! Even the still logged in ones and restored from backups will still fail in a few days, they all seem to be auto-logging out at some point:(

I think the authorization just expires after n days; that's the way other services in the iCloud/ubiquity family handle it any rate.

I think the authorization just expires after n days; that's the way other services in the iCloud/ubiquity family handle it any rate.

n is my unlucky number :)
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that Apple's just switched their authorization method to have a limited number of activations per machine serial number. If someone uploads a generic smbios.plist, then the people who download will all be using the same serial number. I think that if you generate a serial number using Chameleon Wizard it'll get fixed.

Oh, and OP, where did you get the idea that Apple was banning Hackintosh to iCloud? I think it's more of a security issue than anything.

BANNED!!??

1232550297_Dramatic chipmunk.gif

Generating a new serial via tried and true methods, "borrowed" from matching real Mac and/or change UUID doesn't fix it. It's been over 2 weeks, I think all the easy stuff has been tried already :) On older Intel Mac's the UUID 00000000-0000-1000-8000-, anyone know exactly when that changed?

• Like 2

BANNED!!??

post-734613-0-60713600-1357103849.gif

Generating a new serial via tried and true methods, "borrowed" from matching real Mac and/or change UUID doesn't fix it. It's been over 2 weeks, I think all the easy stuff has been tried already :) On older Intel Mac's the UUID 00000000-0000-1000-8000-<EthernetMACAddress>, anyone know exactly when that changed?

What are we gonna do if this can't be fixed?

BANNED!!??

post-734613-0-60713600-1357103849.gif

Generating a new serial via tried and true methods, "borrowed" from matching real Mac and/or change UUID doesn't fix it. It's been over 2 weeks, I think all the easy stuff has been tried already :) On older Intel Mac's the UUID 00000000-0000-1000-8000-<EthernetMACAddress>, anyone know exactly when that changed?

Bro, your 2000th post is coming up
  • Like 1

What are we gonna do if this can't be fixed?

Use Growl Message :) -- or whatever people do on Windows?

Also there is another thread with a bit more info on what's been tried iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Chan...

Lame my 2000th post is about iMessage not working :(

Use Growl Message :) -- or whatever people do on Windows?

Also there is another thread with a bit more info on what's been tried iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Chan...

Lame my 2000th post is about iMessage not working :(

That's really sad. Lose one of the best methods to communicate with u :(

I dare you to sign out and try signing back in

Thus begins the end of hackintosh. was a good run guys

Like to point out even if this was deliberate there's a massive difference between not being able to run an OS and a messaging application not verifying with a server properly...

yup, they banned hackintosh

It's not confined to Hackintosh, also dislike the use of the term banned. :P

If you load your hackintosh Disk to a real Mac, and access iMessage it works fine. Transfer it back and it does not work.

Perhaps a fix might lie in Fakesmc.kext as it is that file that persuades OSX it is running on real Mac hardware.

Come on you Devs out there any ideas as many would appreciate it. I would also confirm that the problem is confined to hacks irrespective of whether they are booted with Chameleon or the amazing Clover....

Perhaps Mr. Slice a Fakesmc expert might consider what the issues are.???

Pleeeeze....

Not FakeSMC related as far as I can tell. Although it doesn't fake the information properly in itself, people have done it manually and it still hasn't worked.

Agreed. Had a working Messages via Snapshot and worked for a good couple of weeks after the initial issue. Think the authorization ran out at the New Year, although can't be specific because I don't use iMessage day-to-day.