iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Changed boot.plist file and network.plist file - Help

hamzab

418 posts in this topic

MLB is not the same as serial number. It starts with the same few characters but it is the the Main Logic Board (i.e. motherboard) serial number which is not the same as system serial number. I don't think it's yet known if that needs to be unique so try creating a dummy one with the first 3 characters of your system serial number (i.e. C02) and then 14 other characters. For ROM, use the ethernet mac of en0 on your hack. I don't have time to test whether this works but its worth a shot for those of you without a real mac to use the values from.

Worked this way for me. Clover adds the ROM for you from the ethernet MAC so it's not necessary.

With Clover r980, adding 5 more characters at the end of system serial number ( C02XXXXXXXXXFAU7I ) does the job. And yes, ROM isn't necessary here.

Download and install Clover_v2_rL980.zip and use default settings other than setting it to HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi because i have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1), F10 Bios, then and

RtVariables

MLB

XXXXXXXXXXX123456

to some kind of plist, and I'm good?

It's added to the config.plist which is Clover's version of org.chameleon.Boot.plist. The MLB is going to be the same serial # your already using/have now that can be seen in System Information. You just need to add some junk to make it a little longer, i.e. 17 digits instead of only 11 digits.

I'd rather keep it open for now, since fix is still new, on topic discussion may still be needed.

So please stay on topic people!

Clover questions and stuff go here: Clover General discussion

Will try to put together a quick and easy "how to" or something a bit later.

aw man, ok, fantastic. I will hold off trying to do this on my own until you post the how to!

I think I need to complete "SMBIOS" zone in config.plist, hard try, again again and again "Call support" error ....

+1. Struggling to make it work.

I think I need to complete "SMBIOS" zone in config.plist, hard try, again again and again "Call support" error ....

+1. Struggling to make it work.

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>

<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>

<string>02/29/08</string>

<key>BiosVersion</key>

<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>

<key>Family</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>Manufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>ProductName</key>

<string>MacPro3,1</string>

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<string>xxxxxxxxxxx</string>

<key>Board-ID</key>

<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>

</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

<string>xxxxxxxxxxx234567</string>

I already installed clover r980 and added the MLB on config.plist as stated above, booted fine, but unfortunately still cannot get iMessage to work. Any help is appreciated

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>

<key>BiosVersion</key>

<key>Family</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>Manufacturer</key>

<key>ProductName</key>

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<key>Board-ID</key>

</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

I already installed clover r980 and added the MLB on config.plist as stated above, booted fine, but unfortunately still cannot get iMessage to work. Any help is appreciated

What did you get about the error?

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>

<key>BiosVersion</key>

<key>Family</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>Manufacturer</key>

<key>ProductName</key>

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<key>Board-ID</key>

</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

Do you have the ending </dict> for the RtVariables section. You can also try setting ROM variable but that shouldn't matter.

Do you have the ending </dict> for the RtVariables section. You can also try setting ROM variable but that shouldn't matter.

Hi, rcork. Do you have answers for the call Apple issue ?

Ive changed my appleid's password and the time. But it just didn't work. :(

Nope. Only the MLB values. I tried setting both, not working.

By chance do you have a real mac to try logging in with your apple id to see if you still get the error. That would help narrow down to whether this is a problem with the hack or a problem with your apple id.

By chance do you have a real mac to try logging in with your apple id to see if you still get the error. That would help narrow down to whether this is a problem with the hack or a problem with your apple id.

I do not. Maybe I can try borrow my classmates idevice to test. :(

For MLB I have been adding the extra 6 digits to serial before the last 3 like this: XXXXXXXX234567XXX where the X is all orig serial number. Don't know that it really matters, but have not seen errors when doing it this way.

For MLB I have been adding the extra 6 digits to serial before the last 3 like this: XXXXXXXX234567XXX where the X is all orig serial number. Don't know that it really matters, but have not seen errors when doing it this way.

:( My hack use MBP6,1 smbios whose fake serial is 12 digits. Dunno if this is the reason why call Apple issue raises.