Issues with iMessages/FaceTime/Game Center/PhotoStream/App Store and RAID on ML

djouija

4 posts in this topic

Man am I ever considering downgrading back to Lion! Had the perfect setup running, even with sleep and power management working 100%.

Since upgrading to the latest "improvement" by Apple, nothing but headaches. My biggest one as follows:

I've tried everything in my arsenal to try and get the damn thing to work, but I just cannot seem to get iCloud/iMessages/FaceTime to work on my RAID 0 Hackintosh setup. Works fine when booting up from a single disk. Have used ALL the tricks known to man, such as adding my Ethernet EFI to com.apple.boot.plist / org.chameleon.Boot.plist, Adding "EthernetBuiltIn" flag, Creating a System Id with my mac address and adding that to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, removing the Network connections plist and deleting all devices under the network control panel, creating a new smbios.plist, blah {censored} blah, and NOTHING seems to work.

The ONLY time I can ever get it to work is if I clone my raid drive to a single HD, boot up from that, login to all these services, and then clone the single drive back over to my RAID drives, and everything now works being that it remembers the previous logins. However, this is only temporary until the next software update is released by Apple, then I'm back to square one.

I'm really getting frustrated with this, and being that these services are almost the entire reason I even use ML to begin with make me want to scrap using a RAID configuration all together and buy a larger SSD instead.

I hoping to find a solution and beg you all for your insight.

Thanks.

-One hell of a disgruntled hackintosher.

• 2 weeks later...

For me this is how it worked

Like anyother with this error, wired network was on "en1" and wifi was on "en0", so after reading a lot of www pages with solution this is what worked for me

1. removed all interfaces from system preferences->network

2. deleted "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist"

3. edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist with <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

I tryed without but not working

4. rebooted

5. added interfaces in system preferences->network in this order, first Ethernet and second wi-fi

PS. You have to have a kext for your wired ethernet card in S\L\E, I do not needed any key with "systemid" or "device-properties" keys in my boot plist, but I have a corect serial number in smbios.plist

6. After my EXTRA was OK I use this terminal commands to copy extra to "Apple_Boot Boot OS X" partitions from my RAID 0

diskutil list [Enter] to see what numbers I use on X in diskXs3 commands

diskutil mount disk0s3 [Enter] (First drive in Raid)

cp -R Extra /Volumes/Boot\ OS\ X/ [Enter]

diskutil unmount disk0s3 [Enter]

diskutil mount disk1s3 [Enter] (Second drive in Raid)

cp -R Extra /Volumes/Boot\ OS\ X/ [Enter]

diskutil unmount disk1s3 [Enter]

My tutorial to make raid was from here

Thank's for the input @santa1 :) In this case the OP's issue run quite a bit deeper than just Ethernet as en0, as you can see by this line.

The ONLY time I can ever get it to work is if I clone my raid drive to a single HD, boot up from that, login to all these services, and then clone the single drive back over to my RAID drives, and everything now works being that it remembers the previous logins. However, this is only temporary until the next software update is released by Apple, then I'm back to square one.

but, 99.99% of the time the fix you described would work fine, and should always be tried first, your experience helps to illustrate that point. Always try the simple ways first. Even if needing to add MAC address to systemID, once you have logged into the apple services once, it's no longer needed for that user account, until maybe a software update comes along.