new Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Updater - late 2012 models - Nvidia drivers

mitch_de

47 posts in this topic

It's not needed, but i think without it I had problems with connecting and removing displays while the system is running. Check ioregs dumps of real macs.

Thanks, I added it to my DSDT with no issues. The only issue now I am having is the DSDT injection code that I have been using for several months no longer works on Asus x79 3xxx BIOS for no apparent reason. I am still digging into this.

Whe you change things in DSDT, you need to be aware of buffer and package lengths, best is to leave the parentheses empty and let the compiler do the calculation. I put my code into a spoiler because of 2 things: Im changing the subsystem id via hardware register and i'm using a modified dsm method. But lets solve this in an other topic or via pm because this is not the subject here.

Is it possible to just update the nvidia kexts on a normal 10.8.2 by using this new update and pacifist? Anyone tried it?

You can first custom your model to the new model to install this update.

After finishing, revert to your previous model :D

Whe you change things in DSDT, you need to be aware of buffer and package lengths, best is to leave the parentheses empty and let the compiler do the calculation. I put my code into a spoiler because of 2 things: Im changing the subsystem id via hardware register and i'm using a modified dsm method. But lets solve this in an other topic or via pm because this is not the subject here.

I found out what the issue was. I had to remove _SUN method. Then I had no more issues.

My GTX 460 start to freeze with this drivers, Since Lion came out 1 year and a half a go none a single freeze but whit this new drivers 304.XX.XX brake this so I go back to 10.8.2 default drivers ( I also test the drivers from Nvidia and the same issue).

It seems that they are implemented some new stuff in this drivers but they broke something, at least for me.

Tried twice and it didn't work

(this one http://digitaldj.net...abler-for-lion/ )

someone has posted a new patch in the comments

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Yep - sometimes Apple Updates get removed if they produce more probs than fixing it.

Or, because it was only for some new 2012 models with older ML installed, the now (past 2 weeks) shipped same models have already that update now.

Apple have released a 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 to fix the issue.

It popped up in Software Update here and installed without issue. The download was actually only 700k or so (the filesize listed on the Apple download page is wrong).

But this is not the combo model update, right? This doesn't include any new nvidia kext, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

My GTX 460 start to freeze with this drivers, Since Lion came out 1 year and a half a go none a single freeze but whit this new drivers 304.XX.XX brake this so I go back to 10.8.2 default drivers ( I also test the drivers from Nvidia and the same issue).

It seems that they are implemented some new stuff in this drivers but they broke something, at least for me.

Having the same issues with my GTX 570, same as the Nvidia 304... drives available on their website. Had to revert to stock 10.8.2 12C60 drivers. It's the familiar "NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error" in the logs that seems to happen mostly with Flash-heavy websites. No issues at all with the stock 10.8.2 drivers.

Having the same issues with my GTX 570, same as the Nvidia 304... drives available on their website. Had to revert to stock 10.8.2 12C60 drivers. It's the familiar "NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error" in the logs that seems to happen mostly with Flash-heavy websites. No issues at all with the stock 10.8.2 drivers.

Have you tried the new drivers inside the 10.8.3 beta?

• 1 month later...

My hackintosh (asus p8z68-vpro with bios hack, i5, radeon 6870, ssd) after apply this update crash at boot before the login screen... and safe mode not help! The system start only in single user, now i have revert back to standard 10.8.2 with time machine.

P.s. and verbose mode show nothing of significant... the system only freeze

P.s. sorry for my english :blush: