[GUIDE] Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mavericks 10.9.1 on ASUS N53SN/N53SV/N53SM Notebooks

* * * * * 4 votes Asus N53SN Asus N53SV Asus N53SM Asus N53sn

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Sicther

Sicther

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

My added Nvdia off DSDT , have a dual link patch for high display resolution screen ;

Because our display resolution Full HD:1920x1080 :)

Dual Link Patch depending on your screen resolution, if it is over 1400x800 .

For this reason , I used to dual link patch.

I think that's the your issue.

Nvidia 540m + 1366x768 if your notebook have a this resolution. You don't need dual link patch. You can delete this patched extra code on DSDT.

here the good guide for this changes dsdt. Edit our added old Dsdt and use;

http://goo.gl/UWSns

Can you try my added attachment dsdt. Maybe this fix your issue.

If your led is white again :) , I think something wrong your nvdia off dsdt. That's mean nvidia on again or 2 display card working together.

Thanks eng_matt, I will try it your DSDT with dual link off, I think that is my problem, because my Screen resolution is 1366x768, and the DSDT then I'm using now don't have the APPL,DUALLINK patch.

I will post the result when yet home.

Cheers

dig_lam

dig_lam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've patched bios to have native power management and no more KP for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement :)

Reached P States:
MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)
MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 12 16 20 21 24 25 26 27 28 29

1- N53SNAS_MOD is patched bios (ver.209) for ASUS N53SN-SZ076V

Check, if it is suitable for you. Don't forget that this is a modified bios and can damage your laptop, beware of risk, I don't take any responsibility.

If you can't flash because of date fault, run winflash utility with /nodate parameter

2- SSDT.aml is for P States. Copy it to your EXTRA directory.

3- Select 'NO' for 'Genererate P-States' and 'Generate C-States' and 'YES' for 'Drop SSDT' in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (You can use

Chameleon Wizzard)

mine:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,3)</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>InstantMenu</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Rescan</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Choose_Your_OS</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

4- Delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext from S/L/E and if exist from EXTRA directory.

and Restart.

I hope works for you also.

Attached Files

slayhert

slayhert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
This thread is amazing, I have the most stable system in Mac OS X to date. Native Power management, SSDT, etc is awesome.
I have one minor issue. The sensor kexts that you use dont work for me. I can not get any CPU information, Temps/Freq or system temps. The only system info I can get is the HDD Temps.

Has anyone found anything else to get the CPU to report information?

Thanks!

Edited to Add:

I just realized in the console log its reporting:

11/5/12 10:05:00.670 PM com.apple.kextcache[315]: IntelCPUMonitor.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
11/5/12 10:05:00.670 PM com.apple.kextcache[315]: IntelCPUMonitor.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
11/5/12 10:05:00.865 PM com.apple.kextcache[315]: ACPISensors.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.
11/5/12 10:05:00.865 PM com.apple.kextcache[315]: ACPISensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Do these require a different FakeSMC.kext than the one in the downloads?

Thanks!

Edited by slayhert, 06 November 2012 - 03:16 AM.

slayhert

slayhert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Woot! Nevermind, I just had to "reinstall" FakeSMC.kext, and now HWMonitor is reporting all the CPU info etc.

Thanks! So glad to have a fully operational hackintosh on this N53SV. (Minus the Optimus enabled nvidia card.)

Sicther

Sicther

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

My added Nvdia off DSDT , have a dual link patch for high display resolution screen ;

Because our display resolution Full HD:1920x1080 :)

Dual Link Patch depending on your screen resolution, if it is over 1400x800 .

For this reason , I used to dual link patch.

I think that's the your issue.

Nvidia 540m + 1366x768 if your notebook have a this resolution. You don't need dual link patch. You can delete this patched extra code on DSDT.

here the good guide for this changes dsdt. Edit our added old Dsdt and use;

http://goo.gl/UWSns

Can you try my added attachment dsdt. Maybe this fix your issue.

If your led is white again :) , I think something wrong your nvdia off dsdt. That's mean nvidia on again or 2 display card working together.

thank you very much, this dsdt works like a charm!!! imy laptop has a very much extended battery life and is cooler now.

but now i have two issues, the one is that i have random graphics glitches and the second is that my fn keys don't work for volume control with this dsdt, with my own dsdt its working the volume control with animations.

please any help with the fn keys and the graphics glitches.

slayhert

slayhert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

thank you very much, this dsdt works like a charm!!! imy laptop has a very much extended battery life and is cooler now.

but now i have two issues, the one is that i have random graphics glitches and the second is that my fn keys don't work for volume control with this dsdt, with my own dsdt its working the volume control with animations.

please any help with the fn keys and the graphics glitches.

Everyone that i know with these laptops have occasional graphics glitches. i notice in my own that I get them about 1 out of every 5 reboots. But all I do is reboot again and they go away.

As for the function keys, it sounds like the dsdt is missing the FN key patch as part of it. You should be able to add it much like the dual link patch edits.

chris weiler

chris weiler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi there,

I have an Asus N53SN-XR2, exact same specs as the original poster however I have 16gb of RAM.

I have followed the instructions exactly, however cannot get to install, it instantly restarts upon displaying "Starting darwin x86_64"

any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Got a new boot disk, now I get abit further, gets to [com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx] then it hangs on a grey screen with grey lines through it

slayhert

slayhert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi there,

I have an Asus N53SN-XR2, exact same specs as the original poster however I have 16gb of RAM.

I have followed the instructions exactly, however cannot get to install, it instantly restarts upon displaying "Starting darwin x86_64"

any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Got a new boot disk, now I get abit further, gets to [com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx] then it hangs on a grey screen with grey lines through it

Did you delete the nvidia graphics kexts?

Sebz4n

Sebz4n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings!
Before I throw myself into installing this on my N53SN, I have a few questions:
1. How stable is this? Can I use this as my daily driver in school?
2. How fast is this? What is the boot time? Is the intel gfx onboard enough to play full HD videos etc..?
3. Do you think we will ever fix NVidia for this?
And the most important 4. Does gestures work (how many fingers, is it precise etc...)?

Ok so I created a bootable drive, and I have gotten to the installer, but I am having a problem with my partitions...
I can't seem to be able to install OS X on any of them! I have tried fat32, ntfs and even a hfs+ partition made with GParted.
If I format it to (Mac OS Extended (Journaled) there is still the little triangle next to the drive...
I am trying to do this with my internal harddrive, without deleting windows

slayhert

slayhert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Greetings!
Before I throw myself into installing this on my N53SN, I have a few questions:
1. How stable is this? Can I use this as my daily driver in school?
2. How fast is this? What is the boot time? Is the intel gfx onboard enough to play full HD videos etc..?
3. Do you think we will ever fix NVidia for this?
And the most important 4. Does gestures work (how many fingers, is it precise etc...)?

Ok so I created a bootable drive, and I have gotten to the installer, but I am having a problem with my partitions...
I can't seem to be able to install OS X on any of them! I have tried fat32, ntfs and even a hfs+ partition made with GParted.
If I format it to (Mac OS Extended (Journaled) there is still the little triangle next to the drive...
I am trying to do this with my internal harddrive, without deleting windows

You have to have the drive setup to use a GUID partition map scheme in order to boot ML. I am guessing that you are not changing that. When you open disk utility, select the drive, select partition, and choose options.
Make sure GUID is selected.

slayhert

slayhert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Does anyone else have issues with the Wifi Connection randomly dropping? Doesn't matter if its after sleep, Or just a regular day. The browser will fail to load the page, and I will look up and see that I do not have a wifi connection. Then I have to reconnect manually. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
I copied your extra folder (I'm assuming that means I now have chameleon installed) however, when booting, I get a boot0 error. In order to boot, I must first plug in my external hard drive and use the chameleon on there.

What should I do?

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Does anyone else have issues with the Wifi Connection randomly dropping? Doesn't matter if its after sleep, Or just a regular day. The browser will fail to load the page, and I will look up and see that I do not have a wifi connection. Then I have to reconnect manually. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

I don't. However, I'm using the second wifi kext. The first one would not let me connect, I could just view connections.

dig_lam

dig_lam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I copied your extra folder (I'm assuming that means I now have chameleon installed) however, when booting, I get a boot0 error. In order to boot, I must first plug in my external hard drive and use the chameleon on there.

What should I do?

This may help
http://www.macbreake...oot0-error.html

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

This may help
http://www.macbreake...oot0-error.html

Thanks. I tried that, and although I can now boot from my HDD without a boot0: error, I get this when logging on:

Posted Image

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
UPDATE: Got it to work. Just installed chameleon over chimera.

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
The only problem now, is I'm getting artifacts. Anyone know how to stop the screen artifacts?

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
I'm also getting a lot of crashes and freezes.

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
blurple...

eng_matt

eng_matt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Artifacts issue didnt fixed yet. Driver issue . Hd 3000 driver update may fix that. I hope so. ;) , Most of other users have this issue. Problem is general.

Fix screen artifacts on your Hackintosh;

http://www.macbreake...ts-on-your.html try this one.

also you can look here;

http://legacy.tonyma...ic.php?p=351082

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Asus N53SN, Asus N53SV, Asus N53SM, Asus, N53sn

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy