Project SmoothMouse - mouse behaviour fix

bbeepp

10 posts in this topic

Project SmoothMouse is looking for developers who want to improve mouse experience in Mac OS X. Since most of us use or used Windows or Linux where mouse behaves much beter than in OS X a guy called Eugene is working on a fix and also asks developers for help.

More here...

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Wow! I installed here, and gave one hell of a difference compared to before. I use a Logitech G9, and greatly improved!

Thanks for the tip! =D

PS: Working perfectly in mavericks. ;)
  • Like 1

I've never noticed a problem with the mouse in osx. Is this one of those things where I don't know what I'm missing until I try it?

Edit: I didn't know what I was missing... This is pretty awesome. I just tried it on my Macbook Pro with both the built-in touchpad and my Logitech M705 and the difference is phenomenal. I didn't care for the Windows curve, even though I am also a Windows user, but the OS X curve still makes a big difference. Now I'm wondering if I can use the OS X curve in Windows, I didn't even realize they were different until now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey buddy, the last version work on Yosemite?  :wacko:

I'm using 1.0.10 on Yosemite 10.10.3 with my Logitech AnywhereMX. Without it I am forced to install the acursed Logitech packages to make the device usable.

• Like 1

Do I need to uninstall Logitech Control Center first, to use this tool?

I would advise it. The Logitech Control Center breaks more things than it solves for me (Anywhere MX, NX80).

When removing please ensure that you change any/all settings you have changed back to their defaults as when you remove it, it leaves a lot of settings (e.g. cursor sensitivity) settings in-place and really messes up other tools/utilities (including Apple's) government of cursor related options.

The only real benefit to having the Logitech Control Center installed is for button 3 & 4 support (e.g. Back & Forward) but this can be easily remedied via other tools (e.g. BetterTouchTool) that can map 3F Swipe Left / Right or Internet Back and Internet Forward.

Here's what I have mine set to which closely mimics how it behaves in Windows, Ubuntu & OpenSUSE for me:

u4eU3On.png

I also own an Apple Magic Mouse, the same settings don't make a great deal of difference (device is still horrible to use but is consistent outside of OS X as well).

• Like 1