Someone wanna just give me a link to Un ib east please?

xdanisx

14 posts in this topic

Not sure why I was banned from Tonymac, but could someone please pm me a link to u ni beas t for mac until I can get my account straightened out?

Much appreciated.

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Repeat offender, warning level increased.

Hi, you might want to read these:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280252 - TonyMacx86 and Mac Man Steal Again

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=279451 - Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86

http://prasys.info/2011/01/tonymac-seriously/ - Well, seriously?

• Like 1

Why don't you just make another account with a different email? O_o

I've tried that, but they blocked my ip or something. I've tried clearing cookies/cache, using a proxy, and even tor. Nothing worked. What?

If TonyMac's point-and-click tools were the only way to successfully install OS X on a PC, InsanelyMac wouldn't exist.

Besides, why do you even want to use their product if you're banned from there, where will you go for help when it all falls apart? We can't support their tools here.

History will show that anyone you might come across on InsanelyMac who use TonyMac products are just as clueless as you (nothing personal!), and so they won't be able to help you either.

I recommend you use something else, or make your own. There is no special magic sauce in their tools, you can get the exact same ingredients here and elsewhere.

• Like 5

Not to mention you're missing on the fun and/or frustration of making your hackintosh to properly work. It's all part of the process, or if you may, magic!

Yes, with some christmas tree lights on it to make it look pretty.

Much in the same vein, their nvidia driver is the Quadro 4000 driver installer from nvidia with the model identifier check removed. Something you can easily do yourself in 10 seconds by editing distribution.dist inside the .pkg with a text editor.

• Like 3

oooohh, pretty lights!

It may be a bit harder making your own installer the first time you do it, but once you have it becomes by far the fastest, easiest way. And you can make yourself a folder with the kexts and stuff YOU need instead of what everyone else might need. I actually made a disk image of my completed installer and can now just restore it to a USB and be ready to go in one step if I remember too and don't just make a new one right quick instead. My own personalized "distro" to use the term incorrectly, but no "pretty lights", maybe I'll add some for kicks along with a mac boot chime for the "bells and whistles" :) PS, I won't.

As much as 10.8 is concerned, and as far as i know, the methods found in insanelymac are showing themselves more reliable than tonymac's site, yet less newbie-friendly. I assure you that i have a neutral opinion about tonymac's, and have even downloaded some of its tools a couple of times before, and they're cool. However, these are the facts: their support is very limited hardware-wise, and this is an option of them, and the combination of a somewhat limited support (but qualified and straightforward, i concede that) with an OS version, cool and modern at it is, which hasn't yet a fully predictable behavior (a lots of minor and not so minor bugs reported) is receipt for problems.

Using a cooking analogy, if you depends upon a strictly followed receipt to get the cake done, but can't certify the qualities of the main ingredient (not because it's bad but because it's not measure, and i'm talking here about Mountain Lion), there's a good probability that you'll have a misbaked cake, and then you'll have to improvise. You know, improvisation isn't one of the strenghts of that site , since they expect you to follow the script (uni, multi etc etc). It isn't uncommon that people follow their methods to get the work done and end up asking support here (do some search and see for yourself).

So, you lost the access to tonymac. Then you'll have to learn new tools. Is it such a big deal? You are at right place. Ask. Learn. Share.

These were my two cents at the subject.

• Like 1

~2 years ago when I started to trying make OSX work on my PC, I wanted to see what exactly I'm doing. (at first I installed some itakos snow leopard dvd) Then I started to figure out how is these kexts and bootloaders works, and when Lion came out, I made everything manually, I always wanted to make everything myself as much as possible. So that is the reason why I don't like these "checkbox to replace kexts" things... because I can't really see what the hell is happening and what is get modified. So for example if I got some problem/error, I'll never know what could be the problem.

This is the reason why I recommend to make everything on your own manually rather then using these "beasts" and stuffs.

I've tried that, but they blocked my ip or something. I've tried clearing cookies/cache, using a proxy, and even tor. Nothing worked. What?

You have a lot to learn. First of all forget using the stuff that guy posts. You can install Mountain Lion on your own using guides that are present in this forum.

Yes my understanding is most forum bans usually involved an IP ban as well. All you have to do is change your IP. Go to a coffee shop, library, or hop on your neighbors wifi. Then using a different email set up a new account and download away. Never use your new account from home. They will see the banned IP address and ban your new account.

Also you may want to learn to change the MAC address on your cable modem or DSL modem. If the modem is in "bridge" mode then you will need to change the MAC address on your router. Usually if you assign a new MAC address to the first device the ISP "sees" you will get a new IP address. Changing your MAC address to one for a device you do not own is against best practices though. There is a small chance you could change the MAC address to that of another device that is already connected to your ISP. It's a small chance... but still a chance.

Anyway on my router here is where the magic happens...

So then is ######/######, and other such tools legit just chameleon+kexts?

No. They are more than that, but the end result is just Chameleon+kext(s) on your PC. Basically that is something you can accomplish on your own... with a little help from forum members.

• Like 1

All you have to do is change your IP. Go to a coffee shop, library, or hop on your neighbors wifi. Then using a different email set up a new account and download away.
VPN for the winz! can even make it look like I'm in a different country for sites that block services for certain countries/regions. Secure encrypted tunnel will mask your true public IP address.

VPN for the winz! can even make it look like I'm in a different country for sites that block services for certain countries/regions. Secure encrypted tunnel will mask your true public IP address.

I have several problems with VPN

1) You take a bandwidth hit when using them. It's small but real

2) Cost. My understanding is good reliable VPN services cost $$$. Any free or low cost recommendations that work well?

3) Some forums ban them which could be an issue with the OP.

4) I'm not really doing anything that requires my WAN IP to be hidden all the time.