DSDT patch for TOSHIBA Satellite L750

future_ex_kid

230 posts in this topic

Hi Wewin!.

Shutdown is a problem that still has no solution, i had been trying to solve since the beginning, but no joy.

"sleep and the internal Speakers" <---- These have to be working if you are using my DSDT and the ToshibaHDA.kext for audio, remember to erase AppleHDA.kext and the caches (System/library/caches/com.apple.boot.caches/startup)

For the usb ports still giving power on sleep, remember that our laptop has the function "sleep&charge", you can change it on bios, i have it always on cause i recharge my devices with them.

Bluetooth always fails after sleep unless you patch bluetooth transport, adding a 5 second delay to bluetooth startup (Can´t find the link for the thread, sorry).

Try this things and post results.

Also, Yosemite is buggy as hell, i hope 10.10.3 solve some errors with hanged services.

Hey pere,

Oh nice that 10.10.3 is working nice for you:)

Ive got big problems after updating to 10.10.3 yesterday.

First the bluetooth is not working anymore, but its not necessary.

But Wifi and Ethernet is not working. Ive now got (AtherosWiFiInjector.kext + IO80211Family.kext) to get wireless working.

Without that OSX only says that there is no Hardware installed.

To the Ethernet problem, it says that the cable is not pulled in, but it is and its working ive switched it with another and tested it on another PC.
Another problem is that the internal laptop keyboard and trackpad are not working.

Ive got your DSDT and your Apple HDA (erased original) and the internal Speakers are not working..

Ah, and how hot does you CPUs get?:)

BTW: Iam using Clover, all my problems were solved with it but after the update nothing is working again.

Thanks for your work and help :)

Wewin, i did try clover, but gave me a lot of troubles, so i decided to use chameleon.

All your problems come from this, in fact, clover is not loading the dsdt nor ssdt, thats why nothing is working for you.

I suggest you use chameleon with my original files.

Hey Pere,

Thanks for your decision with Clover. Im now back on Chameleon, with your DSDT/Extra-Folder.

BT, Ethernet and the laptop keyboard + trackpad are working again, thanks.

But WiFi isnt so i think i have to go with my two Kexts for the it.

Ah, and at first boot with chameleon ive got a kernel panic because of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, so i removed it.

Now it works. Did you do that? or should i patch/use NullCPUpowermanagent?

So ive now patched the AppleIntel...kext with a tool.

I have patched my bios to use native power management.

The efi bios parcher from coderush works on our bios, check it out.

Wifi should work as it is hardcoded in the DSDT, if its not, maybe you should return all kexts to stock, erase the ones you have use and clear caches.

Okay i will look at the BIOS patch and make an complete reinstall of the system.

Sorry for the question, but how did you patch the Bios? 

If you could send a link or what i have to google i would be happy.

I have been trying to check if patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext was fine for the Toshiba L750 USB3, but after patching, i found that it is not, it appears to be working, but freezes the computer when something is plugged into the USB3 port and the device doesnt work.

In the process, i have created a little Hex patching utility, to help keeping all patches together and make easier the patching thingy.

How it works:

If you need to patch a kext, move it to your desktop (the app will not patch and save a kext if it´s in S/L/Extensions folder).

Navigate inside the kext into contents/MacOs

Drag the Binary you will find there into the app.

Add the codes to be patched and the patches to the app.

Patch the binary.

Save the binary (the app will do a backup from the binary prior to patching).

Install the kext with your favourite kext installer.

Enjoy!!

Link to Hex Patcher: https://www.sendspace.com/file/7mlczx

PD: it can patch whatever Mac Osx Binary. [;)]

post-98153-12714_thumb.png

• Like 1

I was thinking to do a detailed tutorial about the method to modify the Recovery partition to make it able to be booted by chameleon, but...

It is needed to add and merge partitions, and i don´t want anyone to lose its data following this method, so i have simplify this a lot.

Here it is a .dmg file from my modified Recovery partition, it can be restored into a USB flashdrive to get a portable recovery.

Steps:

Use a 4gb flashdrive.

Restore the dmg into the Flashdrive.

Install chameleon on the flash drive.

Copy your extra folder into the flashdrive (erase any extra folder created by chameleon)

Boot the flashdrive to get sure it works.

That´s it.

Recovery dmg download link: https://mega.nz/#!4AcB0CJA!y_-e3lqXsQnAtNTymM5fYZdl5yfm5fkkmRis2zCe4Co

PD: If you are skillfull enough, you will find for sure the way to modify the original Recovery HD partition. :) , also, the dmg can be restored into an internal 2,5gb partition. (In this case chameleon no need to be installed in the partition, just need the extra folder and the chameleon "boot" file.).

goldgraeber: "I have a problem using it: I see the + sign adding empty lines after some patches that were already present, but I can neither type nor paste into these fields"

Hi Goldgraeber, after adding empty rows with the "+" button, you should be able to write on the cells and pasting code just double clicking on them. ( if there are no already edited rows, first avaliable row will be the 1st one, if there are already some rows, the new one created will be the one after the last edited row.

If you want to create your own set of patches, just go to the upper part of the app, write a name for your set in "New set name", and click on "add set", now you can select your new set on the popup menu.

If you want to modify an existing set, just modify what you need and then press the "Save set" button.

EDIT: Tested on Yosemite 10.10.3 and Mavericks 10.9.5, no problems editing new cells so far.

post-98153-0-89206000-1429340709_thumb.png

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am about to buy the L750, and update it to 8GB RAM instantly...

I am currently booting 10.10.5 on an MBR Acer Aspire, with no EFI partition or Recovery partition -- and it is working beautifully.

I assume it is a similar approach here, but with the installer on it's own partition due to limitations of the device (like my Aspire not seeing GUID drives as bootable - EVER).

Any help, DSDT files and extras (for Yosemite 10.10.5) you could reply with, would be most welcome indeed.

Many thanks in advance.

OK, I have Yosemite 10.10.4 installed (I hope I can update to 10.10.5 without extra partitions).

Firstly, SSDT files cause the dreaded "pstate stepper error 18", so needed to recreate SSDT with latest ssdtPRGen.sh master.

USB 3.0 only appears to work with USB 3.0 devices, ( I might try using -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle, and see if that helps). Might even try patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext plugin?!

No sound device(s). I thought I would at least see NVIDIA HDMI-Audio?

I have found a patched AppleHDA from Mirone for the Conexant CX20585 (8086:1c20) + Enabler, so will give that a whirl :-)

Apart from that, it looks and runs fantastic... Is there an AHCI patch that I need (Third Party AHCI?) because disk access speeds could be faster I think?! I know there was one for 10.8.x

I'm getting ready for a massive software reinstall, and I have ordered an ODD HDD-Caddy so I can dual-boot with Windows or Linux (probably Linux)

Many thanks for all the great work, I really want to try Clover, and I will now, because my Chameleon boot USB is working perfectly... I'll get back to you with results (latest Clover release).

Cheers!!! Finally have a laptop with NVIDIA graphics!

Issue 1: Power button will not power on laptop after shutdown... need to remove AC and Battery, then replace... then it will work :-/

Issue 2: USB 3.0 is iffy at best. Once a USB 3.0 HDD has been mounted, it will keep working with all devices after that... may need to inject something in this respect?!

Issue 3: Strange locked keys on resume (+ beeps). Caps Lock, Ctrl and Alt etc. Very annoying.

Issue 4: Numpad not working... :-(