steveharman

steveharman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Mr.D,

Excellent & useful posts, many thanks!

With regard to squeezing an ATX PSU into the G5 enclosure, do you have any details on hooking up the existing G5 PSU enclosure fans to their new PSU? (where to connect up the leads to....)

Thanks again,

Steve

SirKeldon

SirKeldon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Omg, i didn't saw your work till now, it's impressive and almost identical to the kind of look i wanted to accomplish with the "Talulah" project. Close to stock as possible. Very nice work and lighting effects with the RAM and btw, i hope the PSU was totally discharged after leaving it for applying pressure lol!

For the PCI divider i kept the 3 original standoffs close to the front of the case, and put some rubber spacers between standoff and bolt. Then the back is laying pretty much on top of the rear fan mounting. Though that, i didn't balance it very well, needs to be better measured because it's falling 1-2 mm, when i continue with it, i'll let you know.

Posted Image

Btw, it's finished or are you improving anything else?

Cheers!

Edited by SirKeldon, 07 March 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
thank you!

... and with regards to the connection of the old TeslaConverter fans to the new PSU, I would assume that most PSUs (ones that cost over 30 bucks that is - and mine only cost 40) have a 2 pin connector for the fan that came with that PSU. I just cut those wires off at the fan and joined the wires from the original fans to those wires. A good place to see this would be here, or here. The first link is to the [Tutorial] on PSU conversions, and the second is a thread that someone had asked me a similar question.

Replacing those fans are the next thing on my list to do for this build - they are too loud. I could under-volt then, or I could just buy 2 new fans for 6 bucks that are quieter, move more air and more energy efficient. I am also lazy and the existing set-up works right now so I'm in no hurry.

Hope that helps!

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
It should be possible to solder the two fans wires to one red and one black from the PSU inside the case like WTTech has done here :

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: G5 Mod, Hackintosh, PowerMac

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy