Mac Pro PowerMac G5 OS X 10.7 10.8 Hack Pro ATX mATX Mac Pro ATX Mod Hackintosh

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
actually - that IS what I am talking about - just not your ATX/uATX Intel/AMD board, I mean the original G5 logic board - cutting out the part in the back where the ports were. If you look closely, that is what was done in that picture. If you have the original G5 main board/logic board/mother board and don't care about it, that is what some people have done.. I sold mine so I no longer have it - otherwise I mighta considered this...

sorry for the confusion on my end!

ohhh - and it looks like the guy that I claimed was dead has reanimated to provide everyone with parts lists/sources and PCB drawings. Check out the first post in the thread!

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
If you don't have access to tools to cut the logic board off CLEAN, save yourself the headache and don't attempt this. There are many layers of conductive traces inside the board and it will cross if not done correctly. I know this because that's my photo ;)

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
Good point - one that was made in one of the posts here. Probably the one I took that picture from!

Glad to see you're not dead as previously reported... by... well, me.

I may attempt what you started in your post about making the PCB. My dad worked for IBM for 25 years as a EE/tester and I picked up a few things. The only thing I lack is time. But I definately want to do it. Check out this thread for what I did with my G5.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Ahhhh, picture of it already cut totally threw me off, assumed it was the OP's own pic. Know what happens when you "assume"?

TechiEmmanuel

TechiEmmanuel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Technology (obviously), Science, Tampering with Electronics
Oh, sounds like a lot of work. I'll skip the vlog when it comes to soldering. I have a Late 2005 G5, so I can't use any of those custom back I/O panels. I haven't got much soldering skills, only the basics. :(

Thanks for the links, though. I changed my parts list. Look at the first post.

Thanks!

psxdadz

psxdadz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I have a pre-modded G5 case for sale if you want it. It fits ATX or M-ATX
Where are you in the world?

just saw your post is the modded G5 case still for sale i'am in manchester

TechiEmmanuel

TechiEmmanuel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I found a Broadcom BCM20702+BCM94313 mPCI-E card on eBay. If both the Bluetooth and WiFi won't work, are there any other combo cards that are dual-band and have BT4.0?

TechiEmmanuel

TechiEmmanuel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I made a checklist for the parts I got. View first post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac Pro, PowerMac G5, OS X, 10.7, 10.8, Hack Pro, ATX, mATX, Mac Pro ATX Mod, Hackintosh

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy