[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

hello

why use the graphics onboard ? hd 3000 ?

use only the ati card... disable in bios onboard graphics..

if any graphics problem with off board.. only remove ati5000controller..

speedstep must be enabled..

and boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

if need use also npci=0x2000

the bios config u must test.. and try to boot..

good hack

hello

why use the graphics onboard ? hd 3000 ?

use only the ati card... disable in bios onboard graphics..

if any graphics problem with off board.. only remove ati5000controller..

speedstep must be enabled..

and boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

if need use also npci=0x2000

the bios config u must test.. and try to boot..

good hack

Hey thx for answer,

I deleted all that video kexts, i dind say i use hd3000 :)

I booted, installed, all fine now i am at dsdt step.

i Booted without any command, it worked straight, but i had problem configuring lan at finished install, so i choose no internet, how can i enable it now?

Also should i put back ati5000controller or the other ati kexts i deleted as you said to delete?

Bios Video is set to Auto so igpu is disabled. the monitor is on discrete card connected and all went fine.

Bios works for now with intel lan, bluetooth, asmedia usb3.0 all enabled

hello

man if u install the system ... and gonna see in /system/library/extensions.. u will see that all the kext are there..

now if all working enjoy and learn how to work with mac os x... and read all about the system.

try this for lan..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/213990-appleintele1000kext/

good hack

hello

man if u install the system ... and gonna see in /system/library/extensions.. u will see that all the kext are there..

now if all working enjoy and learn how to work with mac os x... and read all about the system.

try this for lan..

http://www.insanelym...intele1000kext/

good hack

Unfortunately my adapter version is not there, mine is "Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection" with ROM: Intel® Boot Agent GE v1.4.10 IBA GE Slot 0000 v1410 PXE 2.1 Build 092 (WfM 2.0)

post-1161716-0-98598800-1368459305_thumb.jpg

i will finish the dsdt and the rest of the guide, than if not work, ill try what you recommend but first to finish all the guide. in the previous post, i attached a pic with the device id also, i dont know exactly how to work with this ill need some specific explanation.

Hello,

I forgot something, i have patched my Bios with pmpatch, but because i forgot i did the bellow command, so if my bios is already patched can i remove the nullcpupowermanagement.kext? The computer worked with reboot and shutdown from start.

3.B Fixing the OS X install

1. From the installer go to Utilities and Terminal.

2. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

Hello, please help!

At Part 5 -DSDT

After i extract the dsdt and than go compile, finds 12 errors, It fixes 11 errors but 1 error it cannot fix it and i can`t save AML, i dont know what to do here please check the s-shots bellow and maybe you can help me, or i can save this way but how?

post-1161716-0-74797100-1368606625_thumb.png

post-1161716-0-04874700-1368606686_thumb.png

post-1161716-0-35325000-1368606719_thumb.png

post-1161716-0-72551800-1368606731_thumb.png

post-1161716-0-60338200-1368606746_thumb.png

post-1161716-0-13819600-1368606770_thumb.png

hello

replace the string by "PNP0C15"

anyway only compile the dsdt.. if u don't apply any patches.. is already compiled...

only use the original dsdt present in u bios..

good hack

• Like 1

I deleted the old pci.ids.gz had a lot of UNKNOWN DEVICES and copy the latest one, that resolved almost all unknown devices :D here is how it looks now, so in this case do i need new dsdt? or compile save aml etc?

hello

replace the string by "PNP0C15"

U mean this string

ABCDEFGH ?

anyway only compile the dsdt.. if u don't apply any patches.. is already compiled...

only use the original dsdt present in u bios..

Hmm..can you be more specific details, im not sure i understand right :D

post-1161716-0-89672800-1368607883_thumb.png

hello

if is all working good ,, u don't need to patch the dsdt.. u boot loader already apply to it the basic patches ...

when u patch the dsdt .. is to try to resolve problems.. (like powermanagement , sound, usb..) but dsdt is not GOD...

if it is i have a macbookpro (retina ) in my old notebook...

rsrrsrsrs

good hack

hello

what u are only using is a editor...

if u don't apply nothing new to the dsdt.. no sense compile it

take a good look here

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

good hack

Ok i think i can understand, i changed that string, and i saved DSDT.aml, now is better to delete it and see if all things works first? and if not to extract/fix/change string/save DSDT.aml and than apply other patches if need?

Or should i let the changed string and saved DSDT.aml for now and only if i need for other patches ill patch the DSDT?

hello

man what i'm trying to tell u.. is edited dsdt is not mandatory to run mac os x.. like u see already.. u don't have the system installed...

and running... now u doing nothing to u original dsdt.. if don't apply to it the patches to modifiing the original dsdt..

what i try to say to u.. is read ... about mac os x .. u are a little confused.. and following a guide.. and doing things.. u don't understand because are u doing it..

hack is a process of learning .. to use a system.. is not a few hours or days to install it ..

enjoy the system.. and learn how it work..

good hack

Okay thanx!

Also your HD5670 is perfect for OS X so that I doubt that's the problem. Once you get installed you can set GraphicsEnabler and UseATIROM in chameleon wizard and the card will run perfect.

As i read i have to put this ati rom in the Extra folder, but from where i get this rom? any link? i search a bit and didnt think i find right.

Use Ati ROM: Use an alternate Ati ROM image

(path: /Extra/<vendorid>_<devid>_<subsysid>.rom)

So no need for this rom is saying ill have to get it in Extra?

No more drivers? no more kexts? just check the 2 boxes and full graphics mode enabled change higher resolution etc? :D :D