TonyMacx86 and Mac Man Steal Again

45 posts in this topic

:worried_anim:

Do like me, anything that relates closely or from afar on HMM is automatically censored because this type plagiarize from any developers InsanelyMac your site has nothing to bring to the Ummah, I think that soon Apple will take care of him vigorously as monetize your work is a disgrace!

it is clear that it is not thanks to him if my MHAC AMD FX 6100 works perfectly.

it is best to forget this {censored}! :thumbsdown_anim:

There are still lot of good guides by users in tony forum. It's very active without appearance of macman or tonymac. I used his tool because I was very new here (without any knowledge about hackintosh), and I can't find any guide here for my machine. It worked so so, then I wonder arounf his forum and find many things new (from users, of course), they helped me very much and now I can remove stuff from his tool for a vanilla system, and learn a lot of things too. I didn't notice any pay while using his tool. And the selling parts threads there are from users, not from him. He doesn't have anything to sell :P.

I admit he doesn't mention original credit, but at least he created (or copy then modify) a good tool for newcomer, and create a active forum to share.

Anyway, I don't think he created all the DSDTs (maybe he collect from user threads), and he doesn't make the DSDT simply because he is unable to do that.

• Like 1

There are still lot of good guides by users in tony forum. It's very active without appearance of macman or tonymac. I used his tool because I was very new here (without any knowledge about hackintosh), and I can't find any guide here for my machine. It worked so so, then I wonder arounf his forum and find many things new (from users, of course), they helped me very much and now I can remove stuff from his tool for a vanilla system, and learn a lot of things too. I didn't notice any pay while using his tool. And the selling parts threads there are from users, not from him. He doesn't have anything to sell :P.

I admit he doesn't mention original credit, but at least he created (or copy then modify) a good tool for newcomer, and create a active forum to share.

Anyway, I don't think he created all the DSDTs (maybe he collect from user threads), and he doesn't make the DSDT simply because he is unable to do that.

Err... they sell a all in one installer for systems they support. They do sell products and they make a lot of money via advertising via user build hardware links.

They did not create the tool. They stole it from Conti the creator of myHack so you are miss informed again...

They no longer support using a DSDT and always say you should never use a DSDT (taking about the admins) and a DSDT free system is the way to go. So explain to me how you get the proper kexts to load without a DSDT and how do you inject your GPU into it and not rely on the Boot loader or another kext?

• Like 3

Err... they sell a all in one installer for systems they support. They do sell products and they make a lot of money via advertising via user build hardware links.

They did not create the tool. They stole it from Conti the creator of myHack so you are miss informed again...

They no longer support using a DSDT and always say you should never use a DSDT (taking about the admins) and a DSDT free system is the way to go. So explain to me how you get the proper kexts to load without a DSDT and how do you inject your GPU into it and not rely on the Boot loader or another kext?

I knew about myHack stuff, and I believe that tonymac borrowed it source code without any credit, and he gets donate for a thing not belong to his, but at least he can make it popular to anyone (I only heard about myHack after some months installing OS X). He doesn't sell it, anyone (only in his forum) can download it without paying any cost, you should at least download it before telling that, and people can buy parts from computer store as they want. The users there still use DSDT for most system, but some newcomers (like me before) don't have enough knowledge so they have to install some kexts like NullCPU, Voodoo, ... + his Chimera (based on Chameleon of course) to make it actually load, and some new UEFI system can work out of box!!. However, to make a system fully working, it's better to remove those kexts and use DSDT + patched vanilla kexts. I don't see him saying "you should never use a DSDT" or things like that there, he recommend new comers to do so because he's too lazy to create a patched DSDT for only one member, but other members can still help them (like in this forum).

What I want to point is that, although he is a stealer, you shouldn't misunderstand things or care too much about him.

New target? new candidate?

http://www.tonymacx8...html#post505419

Yep, looks like they can't steal that for now...

MacMan: "I was going to look into it and see what was missing and what improvements I could share from my experience with Chimera, but based on the closed nature of it, I won't."

Renaming a file and adding one or two device ID's does not give you "Experience."

• Like 1

MacMan: "I was going to look into it and see what was missing and what improvements I could share from my experience with Chimera, but based on the closed nature of it, I won't."

If they are genuinely interested in sharing their work their changes could be cleaned up and contributed back from the chimera branch of chameleon into the mainline. Has there been any effort of that sort? Seems like there's just a lot of changes suffering bit-rot in various chameleon branches.

Poor guy... he just wants to help... add money to his pocket by using other peoples work, changing a few insignificant things and calling it his own and selling packages of it. UGH... I don't know why I even click on these links 'cause tonymac just irritates me to no end. The problem is he isn't genuinely interested in sharing. People who try to share ideas there get the boot. People who try to ask questions about things are aren't in his cookie-cutter world get the boot. He isn't about learning, he's about taking and selling. ironic that he hits a brick wall with a 'non-open source' project.

• Like 5

lets say it that way:

MacMan and his Tonysite are collecting information, but he isnt the crack he pretends to be.

so if MM talks about inside looking and cannot help, thats due to the fact, that he does not see inside.

his site is good for installing on gigabyte boards, if you know, what you are doing.

his site is good for installing on gigabyte boards, if you know, what you are doing.

DSDT files he provides are not the best out their. They are also based on someone else work. (olarila.com?)

Gigabyte motherboards are indeed the best one for a Hackintosh. My previous MB GA-EP35-DS3R did work perfectly. (Sleep, speedstep, audio, etc.)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I find TonyMac's community a good one, if we speak about technical knowledge and resources. Their tools are a disgrace in my point of view, Chameleon always worked better than ***beast

They are nice place for people that just read about Hackintosh 5 minutes ago and wanna do it now, it's like the pastor guiding the sheep. Not cool for me, Ii is what I like in Insanely Mac, that you learn how to do stuff, otherwise why would you let someone do it for you.

Dont give a hungry man a fish, show him how to fish and give him a rod.

That's the beauty of this community :D

RehabMan is definitely one of the greatest experts I have seen, hardware and software wise. I just think that Tonymac's community is not acting right, and they are stealing many tools and revolutionary developments, and changing some little thing and putting a new name, and claim it their own, and putting aside money payments in this website, which I dont even wanna discuss, but of course, I find disgusting, a fellow "Hackintosher" does this kind of stuff for money, online.

It would be something helping a friend and he buys your beers, but doing this for profit?

What do you guys think?

• 8 months later...

I find it quite humorous that I've found this exact post when googling "banned from tonymac" after being banned from tonymac for posting a completely alternative method to installing macOS that I accidentally stumbled upon, on custom intel based desktop/laptop hardware, using VMWare Player.

The reasoning was because I'd apparently violated the forum rules by "using a prebuilt vm image" which was untrue. I own a MacBookPro8,1 and used it to download the official macOS Sierra installer and created a completely vanilla usb installer.

Anyway my steps were this:

1) Download macOS Sierra installer on macbook & create vanilla usb installer.

2) Use usb installer with VMWare Player in ubuntu linux (doesn't work in windows). Edit some simple settings for boot to work.

3) Create new usb installer on macbook, using Clover for bootloader (or Chameleon for older machines).

4) Install macOS Sierra on target desktop/laptop to dedicated storage. Does not boot after install.

5) Open macOS Sierra under VMWare Player, open Carbon Copy Cloner (or alternative) and clone entire VM install to external hdd.

6) Use Clonezilla (or alternative) on target machine to clone VM macOS partition from external hdd to desktop/laptop internal hdd partition.

7) Boot macOS on desktop/laptop....it works!!!

8) Use native kext editing apps while running macOS to replace VMWare kexts with native ones if your hardware suits (CPU/GPU), or leave the VMWare kext for things like wifi ;)

9) Update from 10.12 to 10.12.1 via the app-store!!

I don't know enough about software to know why this works but it does. My desktop (i7 5960x, 980) and laptop (i5-3380m, integrated) don't really seem to come close to a "preferred build" which is what I thought was the point of this method, as I'd previously given up on the hackintosh scene since I own an actual macbook and didn't see the point in wasting more money building a desktop specifically to run macOS.

My thoughts about how I was banned from tonymacx86 for this is that they are obfuscating entirely different approaches to entry in to the hackintosh world. This especially rings true when googling for hackintosh support lands you on tonymacx86 forums most of the time.

It took me ages to come up with this, something I'm sure would have taken moments to think of if other hackintosh communities that didn't steal and obfuscate information populated Google's front page.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but i too was recently banned from that site for posting a similar request to support my motherboard installing Mojave PB. I too used VMware Fusion to install Mojave first and then used CCC to another disk. I own Fusion since i do lots of infra testing at home and even for work. Ive been on this forum way longer, since 2010! I got banned for using creativity, not that i downloaded a pirated software! 

Edited by tahuru