[AMD] 10.7.3 Guide - Experimental Only

Devout

210 posts in this topic

so I compiled two kernels with 10.7.3 xnu source and the original creators diff, and some of anv's and nawcom's diffs

http://www.mediafire...ca8xkkj2xd32y93

System for me in 32-bit is running smooth, but the kernel, pure 64-bit that I compiled is acpi kernel panic -__-

Please can people test and report bacl? I really want to see if this worked even a little better :)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IS DOWNLOADING IT TO TEST, I am so anxious, I really don't want my hard work to have gone to waste, i spent all day editing the patches and stufff :P

Doing it right away :D:)

- Installed the 32bit Kernel. The system booted up fine :) I find the scrolling a bit laggy and all other system animations to be laggy too o.O The native apps don't start after x minutes :( :'(

- Installed 64bit Kernel, just KP nothing else :(

Thanks for your work :) I hope you release a perfect kernel :')

Hello All,

I am know how! and have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 64bits works on my Amd Phenom X2 II550 (unlock 4 cores) and MSI 790FX-GD80 work all good only sound not all good.

10.7.2 dmg install and mach_kernelv5 and dp2 finder.

Have now work!.

Only i see that problem to welcome back and mouse gray background waiting long and not start.

Think i now problem videocard?

AMD Phenom X2 II 550 (2 cores have bios unlock 4 cores and work).

MSI 790FX-GD80

2x MSI 5750 1GB DDR3

2x 4GB DDR3 Corsair 1333mhz

2x 500GB WD Black

1x 1TB WD Green

1x 750GB WD Green

Hello All,

I am know how! and have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 64bits works on my Amd Phenom X2 II550 (unlock 4 cores) and MSI 790FX-GD80 work all good only sound not all good.

10.7.2 dmg install and mach_kernelv5 and dp2 finder.

Have now work!.

Only i see that problem to welcome back and mouse gray background waiting long and not start.

Think i now problem videocard?

AMD Phenom X2 II 550 (2 cores have bios unlock 4 cores and work).

MSI 790FX-GD80

2x MSI 5750 1GB DDR3

2x 4GB DDR3 Corsair 1333mhz

2x 500GB WD Black

1x 1TB WD Green

1x 750GB WD Green

What flags are you using, use verbose mode. "-v". Sound is not good because you need to set right busratio or it will be fuzzy.

N00B Question: How?

Try to boot with pmVersion=0 and if you can get into Lion go to /S/L/E and remove SleepEnabler.kext.

Hope this helps

Try to boot with pmVersion=0 and if you can get into Lion go to /S/L/E and remove SleepEnabler.kext.

Hope this helps

You can do this or if you have a windows partition, boot up in Windows buy and install macdrive, and then reboot and you should be able to access your mac drives from within Windows. Delete the kext in /System/Library/Extensions/

REMEMBER, if you follow either of this routes you must repair permissions after, it can create problems rather then solve afterwards.

Hope this helps

Works!!!

You can do this or if you have a windows partition, boot up in Windows buy and install macdrive, and then reboot and you should be able to access your mac drives from within Windows. Delete the kext in /System/Library/Extensions/

REMEMBER, if you follow either of this routes you must repair permissions after, it can create problems rather then solve afterwards.

I don't think VirtualBox and MacDrive like each other.

Will try soon.

I don't think VirtualBox and MacDrive like each other.

Just deassign a disk letter and MacDrive won't load the drive. Also

Bronzovka GURU has released a statement that he has created a new version of the kernel that does not hang standard applications! More information tomorrow. smile.png

• Like 1

Just deassign a disk letter and MacDrive won't load the drive. Also

Bronzovka GURU has released a statement that he has created a new version of the kernel that does not hang standard applications! More information tomorrow. smile.png

AWESOME! I hope it gets released tomorrow. And, I dunno how to do that.

Confirmed working:

CPU:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
- All 6 cores working as far as I can tell

RAM:

12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Motherboard:

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3)
- See "Audio"

Graphics:

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (Gigabyte)
- Native support by OS X

Hard Drives:

30.0GB Maxtor Maxtor 53073U6 ATA Device (PATA)
- This is what I installed OS X to

977GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives:

ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device

Audio:

Realtek High Definition Audio
- Not working, the built in sound card isn't compatible from what Iv'e heard, and this didn't work in Leopard or Snow Leopard either

I've installed it on my hp whit amd turion,

FIND DON't work

Read the FAQ.

hehe, It's easy just go to Control Panel in Windows type in Format in search - click "Administrative Tools" - Create and format hard disk partitions, once loaded. (takes a while to connect and load disk information), right click mac partition and click "change drive letter and paths" and just remove any letters.

Also, I'm not running AMD anymore. But I will still be here to help. :)

YOU BETRAYER! Nah, just kidding.

But for VirtualBox?

no in windows :P, I'll post some screenshots if you're unsure :)

I'm enjoying Mountain Lion :P, but I had to change because I wanted iCloud/iMessages working :P

Well, I wanna install OSX, but when I try to format it, it says something about can't mount, when I restart, it tells me "SYSTEM ERROR - INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER".

(natively)

If you're doing this in VirtualBox using dynamic disk it should be pretty easy. Make two dynamic disk one for Snow Leopard and other for Lion. Use the guide to install Snow Leopard 10.6.2, to one of the drives. Boot up install iATKOS L2 to the other dynamic drive, and then install Chameleon on that dynamic disk, and replace mach_kernel with amd one. Then create a new Mac OS profile in Virtual Box, and uncheck Special EFI bootloader, and proceed to attach the iATKOS Lion Dynamic drive and boot, and should run with -legacy -v.

Wonderful! It didn't work for me with the First Method, but after using the second method it did. I can confirm that the following Hardware is working:

- MSI 870a-54

- AMD Phenom II X6 1055t

I have a problem though, i replaced the original Finder with the one from DP2 but every time i start copying things, it just stops working. It gets stuck at the copy process. Even if i relaunch Finder it won't work.

Any solution for this? I'm using a Finder which a found on the Internet, but maybe there's sth wrong with it. Could somebody upload their 32-bit Finder.app ? Would appreciate it.!!

No, I mean on my ACTUAL computer.

Did you install Chameleon on top of the Retail or iATKOS L2 installation? If there's no Chameleon there's something wrong.

tanks for the reply, but where is the link for donwload it ? i don't see it

I haven't provided downloads as it's against the rules. I'm sorry. What do you need as mostly all kexts/chameleon can be found on this forum.

Wonderful! It didn't work for me with the First Method, but after using the second method it did. I can confirm that the following Hardware is working:

- MSI 870a-54

- AMD Phenom II X6 1055t

I have a problem though, i replaced the original Finder with the one from DP2 but every time i start copying things, it just stops working. It gets stuck at the copy process. Even if i relaunch Finder it won't work.

Any solution for this? I'm using a Finder which a found on the Internet, but maybe there's sth wrong with it. Could somebody upload their 32-bit Finder.app ? Would appreciate it.!!

There is a bug, this is what I wrote in FAQ. This includes Finder not being able to copy and paste / move files.

Q. Why do applications stop opening after X minutes? (Typically 10).

Kernel bug, should be fixed in the future. READ BELOW FOR TIPS!

The reason why applications are not functioning after 10 minutes is because Xpchelper has a bug and it's sending a lot of information to ReportCrash and it's basically nuking the system, hence system core services applications don't work after a while.

• You can remove ReportCrash in (sys/lib/coreserv/reportcrash)
  • Force Quit XPCHELPER everytime you launch a system core service application like Safari, App Store, Calender, FaceTime etc.

It won't fix it, and it will still stop working, but this prolongs the availability of opening applications and using your system for more varied tasks.

I have it running on my old AMD Athlon (I not II) X2 4200+ on ASRock N68C-S UCC nForce 630 a chipset :king: btw i also trashed xpchelper,uptime was 15 hours or so,apps working no problems.. yeah, v4 kernel btw