[Help] iatkos l2 on Intel HD 3000 Graphics [Acer 5750 with Customization Section ]

iatkos l2 Intel HD 3000 Graphics Customization Section Acer 5750 Xcode 4

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I have set a new goal, which is to install xcode 4.2 on iatkos L2.

My brother gave me the .dmg file which is around 1.68 GB, but when I try to install it, I get to the very last step, then the installation fails. Here is a picture of what I see [google].

Posted Image

Is there a specific method that I need to know in order to install Xcode 4.2 ?

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
Verify that you haven't run out of space on your Lion partition. Right-click on Lion and select Get Info. Look at space used and available.

During installation, the installer keeps a log. It is available under the Window menu. Install again and see what it says for the last several lines of the log when the installation fails.

I read where it took one guy seven attempts before the installation was successful.

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Verify that you haven't run out of space on your Lion partition. Right-click on Lion and select Get Info. Look at space used and available.

During installation, the installer keeps a log. It is available under the Window menu. Install again and see what it says for the last several lines of the log when the installation fails.

I read where it took one guy seven attempts before the installation was successful.

I did try to install it multiple times, but my attempts were unsuccessful.

I do have the error log in the attachments.

Attached Files

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
So where is the error log?

iHackintosh_PT

iHackintosh_PT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi, if you want a stable system, don't use that Iatkos {censored} ....... use Lion image,and prepare it to boot your PC....

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

So where is the error log?

It's in the attachment, do you see it? [post #43]
Or I can copy paste it.

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
Attachment wasn't there but is now.

It is a certificate error. There is a certificate that has expired. This is a problem that has happened before. Temporarily set your date back a couple of years.

System Preferences -> Date and Time

Make sure you uncheck the automatic updating from the internet, then turn back the year above the calendar. You can undo it when you are done.

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Attachment wasn't there but is now.

It is a certificate error. There is a certificate that has expired. This is a problem that has happened before. Temporarily set your date back a couple of years.

System Preferences -> Date and Time

Make sure you uncheck the automatic updating from the internet, then turn back the year above the calendar. You can undo it when you are done.

You are one of a kind, absolutely amazing. It's installing now.

I fail words to express my gratitude to you for all you have done.

io anarchy oi

io anarchy oi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I would like to thank you as well. I just finished installing iAktos L2 on a Lenovo X220. If you are still available maybe you can help me to get the graphics working better.

I would like to add that I am unable to use an external USB post installation. It's not being recognized by the OS. I am using a ScanDisk Cruzer 8GB thumb drive that I formatted as FAT32. I need to get this working to begin using Multi-beast or DSDT. I installed the USB drivers when I installed iAktos L2 thinking that it would solve the problem.

I do have a working Ethernet connection though so I am able to download files if needed. Great work guys. This really helped me out.

I was also wondering if I should just install Lion from the retail version instead. Would this solve some of my issues and allow the system to update as well?

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
For Lenovo X220, maybe you should read this: http://forum.thinkpa...p?f=32&t=102098

io anarchy oi

io anarchy oi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I've read that already. My problem is that I don't have an existing Mac OS X installation.

I would prefer to avoid installing Snow Leopard in VM Ware but it may be my only alternative. I've been working on this install for a few days now and understand that this is all a part of the process. Thanks again.

If I could get the iAtkos L2 to recognize a USB drive then I could prepare a bootable image from there. Again, any ideas are appreciated and I will continue to research.

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

I've read that already. My problem is that I don't have an existing Mac OS X installation.

You only need an existing installation to prepare a Lion installer. But you already have a Lion installer called iAtkos L2. Reinstall iAtkos L2 with the default settings, or as default as you can get away with. Then download the Extra folder and DSDT from that link and install them into your installation. You should then be really close to the installation defined by that link. If you want to upgrade to 10.7.3, read the next posting in that link.

io anarchy oi

io anarchy oi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Okay. Sounds like a plan. I'll update when finished.

io anarchy oi

io anarchy oi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Just a quick question while I am waiting. Is iAtkos L2 just a solution for noobs and basically a crappy installation of Mac OS X Lion?

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
No, it is a full installation of Lion. But it provides convenience by giving you customization choices. But after you have customized, do you know what it did to your installation? When you upgrade to a newer version of Lion and it breaks, do you know which kexts got over-ridden with the update? Not unless you know how to dissect the installer and figure out what it is doing. That is why it is preferred that you go with a vanilla installation because you know all of the changes you made and you can redo them during an upgrade. That is why I suggested you make as few selections as possible so that you are as close to a vanilla installation as possible. But if you need PS/2 for your keyboard and trackpad and you need an ethernet driver so you can download, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

io anarchy oi

io anarchy oi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

You only need an existing installation to prepare a Lion installer. But you already have a Lion installer called iAtkos L2. Reinstall iAtkos L2 with the default settings, or as default as you can get away with. Then download the Extra folder and DSDT from that link and install them into your installation. You should then be really close to the installation defined by that link. If you want to upgrade to 10.7.3, read the next posting in that link.

Okay. I am pleased to report the USB recognition is now working. I re-installed iAtkos L2 and am trying to edit the DSDT. When I click compile I get this error message:
________________________________________________________________________________
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/anarchy/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 1: ACPI ATRB, 32,
Error 4096 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK

ASL Input: /Users/anarchy/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 14622 lines, 485540 bytes, 0 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations
________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. Does DSDT contain a fix for this that I can search for? I would upload my dsdt file, but I am not permitted.

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
Sorry, I am not a DSDT expert. Was there an error that caused you to want to edit the DSDT? Doesn't it do what it is supposed to do without the edit?

Update: Here is a DSDT Fixer that promises to fix that error: http://www.osx86.net...?do=file&id=807

io anarchy oi

io anarchy oi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

OK, I hated to go this far. Booting with -x was intended to turn off the regular video drivers and force it to use a VESA driver where you only get one resolution and no acceleration. But at least you get to the Desktop so you can do some work. But booting -x has caused some other problem. So, the other way is to physically remove the video drivers to force the use of the VESA driver. Actually, we are only going to move them to a new folder so they will still be available. We are going to do this in single user mode which has text for a GUI and you will be typing commands at a command line.

Boot -s

At the prompt "root:"

Type:  mount -uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mkdir IntelBack
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* IntelBack/
Type:  mv AppleIntelSNB* IntelBack/

Reboot -v -f

These are the instructions I followed that allowed me to boot into iAktos L2 successfully. I don't believe that I need to edit the DSDT at this point. Nothing seems broken yet. However, my graphics don't seem to be working correctly when I try to watch internet videos. You mentioned putting the Apple Intel HD graphics kexts back. Should I put them back, and wouldn't replacing those kext files cause the same problem on the next boot?

Thanks so much for the help.

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
Well, in theory, if you have installed all the files from the other X220 thread, then the HD3000 should work. So, to test that, you would need to put the graphics files back and boot. But first, I would find and install the Chameleon RC5 it talks about. The installer might be in the USB Installation package.

The process is:

- install iAtkos L2
- move Intel graphic files to folder
- boot Lion 10.7.2
- install files from Extra_Mac_Part.tar.gz in other X220 thread
- install DSDT.aml from other X220 thread
- install Chameleon RC5 from other X220 thread (might be in Extra_USB.tar.gz)
- move Intel graphic files back to SLE
- boot -v -f

That should be like the configuration in the other X220 thread.

io anarchy oi

io anarchy oi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Well, in theory, if you have installed all the files from the other X220 thread, then the HD3000 should work. So, to test that, you would need to put the graphics files back and boot. But first, I would find and install the Chameleon RC5 it talks about. The installer might be in the USB Installation package.

The process is:

- install iAtkos L2
- move Intel graphic files to folder
- boot Lion 10.7.2
- install files from Extra_Mac_Part.tar.gz in other X220 thread
- install DSDT.aml from other X220 thread
- install Chameleon RC5 from other X220 thread (might be in Extra_USB.tar.gz)
- move Intel graphic files back to SLE
- boot -v -f

That should be like the configuration in the other X220 thread.

Right on. This will save me a lot of time. I've been creating a bootable USB to completely re-install. Unfortunately, I get a boot error when I installed chameleon Rc5 and cannot boot into the iAktos L2 install. I will re-install and try again using the updated version of Chameleon, and follow your instructions.

I'll post results. Let me know what you think about using the updated Chameleon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iatkos l2, Intel HD 3000 Graphics, Customization Section, Acer 5750, Xcode 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy