Whoosh13

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to install Lion on this system:

Asus P8Z68-V (not Pro)

Intel i5-2400

Corsair 4GB 1333MHz RAM

XFX Radeon HD6870 Black Edition 1GB

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (Windows 7, Windows 8 Dev Preview and Ubuntu)

Samsung 80GB (the HDD I want to install Lion on)

(please ask if you need any more information and detail)

So far I tried to install iATKOS L2 on my system. To do this I set up a Mac VM and then downloaded L2, restored the "sub-thing of the dmg" in Disk Utility to an 8GB USB stick that I formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Then I installed Chameleon RC5 onto the iATKOS L2 USB which made it bootable. I restarted my system and told it to boot from my USB. It went to the bootloader (I white Apple-ish screen with all my partitions and a place to write commands such as -v, -x etc......). I selected my USB and pressed Enter without typing any boot commands in. It stayed stuck on the Apple logo with the revolving thing under it and nothing happened. Back in the day when I had installed 10.5 this bit had taken a LONG time so I left it running for about 30 minutes thinking something will happen. Nothing did. So I tried again in Verbose mode and it got stuck here: (http://www.box.com/s...1yttlusep31eso3). I have also tried booting with Safe Mode and Safe Mode + Verbose and some other commands, but no luck.

Then someone told me to use ####### so I am wondering if the installation will boot using ###### on the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app". I haven't tried it yet because its still downloading.

Till then I wanted to understand what I am doing wrong because I did the iATKOS L2 process described above at least four times. Also, I want to know if there are any other methods for installing Lion on the system described above and also if the ###### method I am trying will work or not on the system specs described above.

Thank You in advance,

Whoosh

PS: (please ask if you need any more information and detail)

I've installed iAtkos L2 on the same MB whit no problem from DVD. I only have to start the installation whit GraphicsEnabler=no for the GTX570, then the installation run perfectly. For the driver I used ######.

Did you get App Store work?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get App Store work?

App store can be made to work by deleting the network preferences.plist and restarting the comp and then re-enabling the network connections from system preferences