iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
I believe it's Norton Ghost, which is a backup program if I remember right. That guide's ancient; it's 10.5 Leopard!

The proper way to upgrade to Lion is via Snow. So Snow Leopard isn't that bad. ;)

If you want to create a new partition apart from the others without erasing anything, you need to use GParted. For dual-booting, you can use Chameleon or EasyBCD, both of which I have methods for in my guide.

If you happen to know Perl scripting and shell scripting you can help me prepare the ModCD. :) Otherwise you can just test it when I'm done.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Webdev and Gamedev
*After bearing the case on VMWare*

It came to a critical point where I MUST install it as a dual boot. VMWare sucks. It's very slow and crashes a lot. I've found some good places out there. Check those please.

http://forum.osxlati..._9063#entry9063

http://www.tonymacx8...forum.php?f=170

I still can't find a way to do it. :(

I believe it's Norton Ghost, which is a backup program if I remember right. That guide's ancient; it's 10.5 Leopard!

The proper way to upgrade to Lion is via Snow. So Snow Leopard isn't that bad. ;)

If you want to create a new partition apart from the others without erasing anything, you need to use GParted. For dual-booting, you can use Chameleon or EasyBCD, both of which I have methods for in my guide.

If you happen to know Perl scripting and shell scripting you can help me prepare the ModCD. :) Otherwise you can just test it when I'm done.

Unfortunately no :( I only know C, C++, Visual Basic and Objective-C. Plus some of website development, forum softwares and server administration experience. Still not enough for hackintosh...

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Almost done with the new ModCD. :)

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
I tried to attach the DSDT.aml file for my laptop. The iATKOS dmg isn't writable. I tried to convert it using hdiutil (I guess that's how it was called) and it gave me errors. I tried to mount it, copy the files, then paste them, and add the DSDT. It worked, but when I try to make a new .dmg, the OS crashes. I'm using VMWare with Lion 10.7.1. It's hard to access Mac currently. (I can tell you why if you care about stories). I guess I'll have to install Snow Leopard or wait for about 4 days or something to have access to a real mac so I can make the .dmg. I think that would make it work. Is there a solution for attaching the DSDT file for me though? I tried copying them to windows too, but some files were not copied, like BaseDMG (Probably that was its name) and others. I have linux (Ubuntu) too. Would it work on Ubuntu? I just need to get the .dmg file and burn it through transmac.

I'm waiting for ModCD. I hope I can help, and that it's released soon :)

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Shouldn't be a need to attach DSDT to a distro, but if you want to, just put it on a usb drive and when you get to the bootloader screen hit f8 to stop it from booting and add boot flag DSDT="path to dsdt"/dsdt.aml

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
I saw a tutorial where it linked a DSDT to iATKOS. It didn't work anyway. Nothing appeared at all. Even iATKOS logo didn't appear. The computer saw it and I chose to boot from it, but just a black screen appeared.

EDIT: I prepared the USB through VMWare. I restored iATKOS to the USB. It doesn't boot. Do I need a bootloader?

EDIT: It looks like it's because it's not in GUID. I partitioned it that way and I'm re-restoring the dmg to the USB now.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Using GUID partition table, it didn't boot too. *sigh*

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
How about trying Snow and then upgrading to Lion? That will probably be your best bet. :)

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
The method of updating seems the same as if I'm installing Lion as a new copy. It's not as clicking "Software Update", as Google says. That's why I don't want to do so. I know that it won't be so different.

I used chameleon anyway, and I booted successfully. Still stopped at [ PCI Configuration End, bridges 7, devices 20 ]. FakeSMC doesn't appear though, nor the "not found DSDT.aml" thing. Nothing's edited by the way. I'll add the DSDT.aml file after I'm back (I'll have to go out) and see the result.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts

The method of updating seems the same as if I'm installing Lion as a new copy. It's not as clicking "Software Update", as Google says. That's why I don't want to do so. I know that it won't be so different.

True, but you will also have a working OS X installation, giving you more flexibility.

I used chameleon anyway, and I booted successfully. Still stopped at [ PCI Configuration End, bridges 7, devices 20 ]. FakeSMC doesn't appear though, nor the "not found DSDT.aml" thing. Nothing's edited by the way. I'll add the DSDT.aml file after I'm back (I'll have to go out) and see the result.

Make sure all the kexts are installed in /Extra/Extensions properly. You may need to reinstall them.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
I already have a Lion installation on VMWare ;)

And what kexts do I need?

Remember that this is iAtkos by the way. Also, thank you for your help so far :)

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
FakeSMC.kext for sure, and then any other drivers. :)

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
Since your using a usb stick now(at least I think you are) you can add fakesmc and nullcpowermanagement kexts manually to System/Library/Extensions on the USB installer and if there isn't one, add "/Extra" folder to the root and add your dsdt there. Also be sure org.chameleon.Boot.plist exists in /Extra folder, for PCI configuration Begin error you can try adding npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 to the boot.plist, or typed manualy at chameleon boot prompt, if your back to using dvd to install then just add it at boot prompt. I agree that installing SL first can make install easier for a couple reasons. You have working mac to boot into and fix stuff and can install lion to another partition, also SL tends to be easier to install and less picky about hardware, helps give you an idea of how to set up your hardware for lion

for SL your added kexts install to Extra/Extensions but for Lion install to System/Library/Extensions

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Well, I'm installing hackintosh so I can complete learning the CS193p course of Stanford. It's for a company I want to work for. I don't have unlimited time, so I won't spare my money and time (my download speed is 56 KBs / Sec...) on Snow Leopard while I know that it's not worth it :| I don't have enough disk space too, And I already have a booting Lion copy.

And yea I know about where kexts are installed. But for the USB, I shall place them in /Extra/Extensions. Right?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask, how to install kext? :/ Just copy them to the directory?

EDIT: Figured out that kexts shall be placed in /S/L/E. FakeSMC is there.

EDIT: Holy {censored} o.o I found a file there called Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext o.o

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
Yes. /Extra/Extensions works fine.

If you use /E/E, you can just copy to the directory and boot with -f. If you use /S/L/E you have to copy them and then enter in the Terminal:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod 755 yourkext.kext
sudo chown root:wheel yourkext.kext

Yeah, Apple put a kext in there to prevent piracy (supposedly). I actually agree: don't steal Mac OS X. :) Get the real deal.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Well, I'm downloading it now. It's quite slow.. About 15~20 hours left .___.

Let's try figuring out how iAtkos works, though. That isn't so bad.

So, as I said, FakeSMC is still there :/

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Yes. /Extra/Extensions works fine.

If you use /E/E, you can just copy to the directory and boot with -f. If you use /S/L/E you have to copy them and then enter in the Terminal:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 yourkext.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel yourkext.kext

Yeah, Apple put a kext in there to prevent piracy (supposedly). I actually agree: don't steal Mac OS X. :) Get the real deal.

.picodev

.picodev

Insanelymac Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
On whatever state of progress you are now,about the first posts in the topic..As obviously every single error is somehow related to the PCI bus and the kexts are having trouble finding the provider/path,you should have tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.The third screener you gave is just a bdmesg,the bootloader log,if you want to monitor what really happens further,always boot with -v , it won't hurt anything

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
@rlf, As I said, they are already there...

On whatever state of progress you are now,about the first posts in the topic..As obviously every single error is somehow related to the PCI bus and the kexts are having trouble finding the provider/path,you should have tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.The third screener you gave is just a bdmesg,the bootloader log,if you want to monitor what really happens further,always boot with -v , it won't hurt anything

I always boot in -v. Those screens are actually from that -v thing. I'll try your suggestion and reply.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
I don't believe the CS193p course requires SL vs Lion or even a Mac for that matter. here are directions to virtualize and run xcode in windows http://ipodtoucher55...on-windows.html

If your looking for a job in IOS development, i don't think paying for tools to help do it is a waste of money, at the very least a better internet connection would be a good investment. I don't know the job's specifics or your situation or location, so I understand if that's not possible for you and don't mean it in any negative way. I hope for your success in whatever endeavors life brings your way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy