Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Anton22 said:

Hey, Newbie here! My name is Anton and i'm here to enjoy company of like minded people and laerning a thing or two about Mac

Hello @Anton22 welcome to InsanelyMac ;)

6 hours ago, ericfrontdev said:

Hi everyone,

I'm Eric from Montreal, Canada and I'm glad to be here !!

Hi @ericfrontdev, enjoy your stay here. ^_^

Greetings from Amsterdam. I have a macbook pro (late 2013) for making music but recently it doesn't quite hold large projects so I'm thinking to build a hackintosh. For the moment I'm gathering information (compatibility & stuff) and hopefully by the end of 2018 I'll have an 8700K up & running. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,
I've had too many times lost important data with win, so I wondered if there is a way to install another different bone. That's how I discovered and started with my laptop Fujitsu Amilo Li3710 5 years ago.
He made me travel and read pages and pages of forums day by day so that I could take up the seemingly impossible challenge to activate the QE / CI.
The experience of making graphical acceleration possible has made me a passionate person.

Thanks.

I am on InsanelyMac since 2013 or 2014 but I changed account.

And, I never seen this thread, so better later than never, here's my presentation :-)

I'm Jules, from Chartres, France, I'm 16 years old, I started the "hackintosh experience" back in 2013 when at 12 years old when I wanted to try Mac OS X, but I started fiddling around with computers when I was 8 years old on a Xubuntu 8.04 computer my father gave me

I always liked challenge,  and since installing Mac OS X on a PC looked back then a pretty hard thing, I tried

I went to a shop and bought blank DVD, came back home and installed Lion on my PC: at that point, there was few things: Graphics wasn't working, Ethernet wasn't working, Sound wasn't working

I bought a cheap WiFi USB dongle, and used my PC for a few month like that, I would eventually downgrade to Leopard to get the GMA 950 working

Few month later, I bought a GT 610 to get graphics acceleration, then I upgraded to Mavericks, and little bit after, to Yosemite

Then 4 years later, I am there on High Sierra

But, putting my Hackintosh experience aside, I am passionate by computers, sound and Professional Audio and Sound System (I build subwoofer cabinet out of stuff I find from time to time, and I always fiddle in my room with some speakers, trying to do stuff with some cardboard or {censored} like that, recently I made a MTB-246 miniature using old Logitech speaker, surprisingly it works well

I mix from time to time, usually Tribe/Hardtek, Frenchcore, Hardcore, Trance/Minimal, and I love going to free party ;)

Okay so I think that's it haha

Edited by PandaStirling

11 hours ago, lastaioros said:

Hi all,
I've had too many times lost important data with win, so I wondered if there is a way to install another different bone. That's how I discovered and started with my laptop Fujitsu Amilo Li3710 5 years ago.
He made me travel and read pages and pages of forums day by day so that I could take up the seemingly impossible challenge to activate the QE / CI.
The experience of making graphical acceleration possible has made me a passionate person.

Thanks.

Hello @lastaioros.

Welcome to InsanelyMac. :)

2 hours ago, PandaStirling said:

I am on InsanelyMac since 2013 or 2014 but I changed account.

And, I never seen this thread, so better later than never, here's my presentation :-)

I'm Jules, from Chartres, France, I'm 16 years old, I started the "hackintosh experience" back in 2013 when at 12 years old when I wanted to try Mac OS X, but I started fiddling around with computers when I was 8 years old on a Xubuntu 8.04 computer my father gave me

I always liked challenge,  and since installing Mac OS X on a PC looked back then a pretty hard thing, I tried

I went to a shop and bought blank DVD, came back home and installed Lion on my PC: at that point, there was few things: Graphics wasn't working, Ethernet wasn't working, Sound wasn't working

I bought a cheap WiFi USB dongle, and used my PC for a few month like that, I would eventually downgrade to Leopard to get the GMA 950 working

Few month later, I bought a GT 610 to get graphics acceleration, then I upgraded to Mavericks, and little bit after, to Yosemite

Then 4 years later, I am there on High Sierra

But, putting my Hackintosh experience aside, I am passionate by computers, sound and Professional Audio and Sound System (I build subwoofer cabinet out of stuff I find from time to time, and I always fiddle in my room with some speakers, trying to do stuff with some cardboard or {censored} like that, recently I made a MN-246 miniature using old Logitech speaker, surprisingly it works well

I mix from time to time, usually Tribe/Hardtek, Frenchcore, Hardcore, Trance/Minimal, and I love going to free party ;)

Okay so I think that's it haha

Hello @PandaStirling.

Enjoy your stay here ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, i’m in love with this forum specially for the old school osx treads.

I’ve recently revived an old sony vaio 10” and successfully installed tiger :lol: 

F0AE977A-7E0C-425F-A29F-61112D591813.jpeg

Edited by macSteve83
  • Like 1

Hello from Montreal

Long time reader and lurker of this Forum, I love it. 

I love MacOS, but not enough to buy a real Mac. I like to have several systems on my computer (I have 14 so far) that I can boot from Grub, so wanted to add MacOS on my 10 years old system (Core2Duo), thinking that I had a 10% chance it would work because my legacy system can't boot any UEFI drives and I was a complete newbie to MacOS. To my amazement, after a couple weeks of struggles, it finally worked with Clover in ESP mode. 

I love Mojave but I'll have to keep using High Sierra for now since there are no Web Drivers yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! Not a brand new member but it has been a while since I was on this forum. I am a refugee from another Hackintosh help community which I found to be a heavy-handed, very controlling environment. You can probably guess which one I'm talking about.

I've been experimenting with Mojave on a Z97 and Z270 platform lately. I was fighting USB and audio issues on the Z270 and audio issues on the Z97 rig. An Insanelymac tutorial quickly helped me resolve the audio issue on the Z97. Thanks!