I deleted the folder DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e, I repaired disk permissions and I restarted the PC, restart, I gave the command to the terminal
sudo sh genEDID.sh "Monitor"
translated into Italian because you do not understand very much, and the result is this :
Collecting some data ...
Detected Vendor ID: 0x (hex) 0 (dec)
Detected Product ID: 0x (hex) 0 (dec)
Flipbyted Vendor ID: 0x (hex) 0 (dec)
I missed the command? files inside and filled with zeros, but the file inside the folder and do not have numbers, but the name I assigned to the display is fine
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
No, the command is right (or at least should work this way, I use simple "./genEDID.sh ProBook\ 4330s" on mine), but here's your command, executed on my laptop:
Philips-ProBook-4330s:Aa philip$ sudo sh genEDID.sh "Monitor"
Collecting some data...
Detected Vendor ID: 0x30e4 (hex) 12516 (dec)
Detected Product ID: 0x1da (hex) 474 (dec)
Flipbyted Vendor ID: 0xe430 (hex) 58416 (dec)
Detected EDID: 00ffffffffffff0030e4da010000000000130103801d11780ad5d59659568c271f505400000001010101010101010101010101010101121b5660500016302030360026a610000019000000000000000000000000000000000000000000fe004c4720446973706c61790a2020000000fe004c503133335748312d544c42310055
Encoded EDID: AP///////wAw5NoBAAAAAAATAQOAHRF4CtXVlllWjCcfUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEB
There's no need to use sudo, the script works fine without it. And I see no reason for such behaviour, the script uses only commands, that are included in OSX - ioreg, grep, sed, plutil. Try to run it like this:
bash -x /path/to/the/genEDID.sh Monitor
and post the result. This will execute the script in debug mode.